ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Drink driving question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/736947-drink-driving-question.html)

Andy Stocker 08 January 2009 09:56 AM

Drink driving question

Not me before anyone asks.

If someone was caught back in June of 2008 drink driving and it has recently been to court and that person was prosecuted and banned from driving when are they banned from? Is it from back in June or only recently when they were in court?

Thanks

cossie-nutter 08 January 2009 10:00 AM

From the court date as I bet they could still drive up to then at a guess ??

jaytc2003 08 January 2009 10:01 AM

they should have been told in court, I imagine it would be from the date of the court appearance, but may be wrong as I thought you would be in court within a few weeks max for that kind of offence/conviction

scoobyschef 08 January 2009 10:04 AM

from the date of conviction by the court , i was banned years ago in my youth and i tried it to start from the date i was caught but that was impossible

jim

Davey L 08 January 2009 10:04 AM

Banned from the day in court, you can drive up to the appearance date.

Andy Stocker 08 January 2009 10:19 AM

Ok many thanks :)

David Lock 08 January 2009 11:21 AM

Best not to drive home after the hearing...... :D

stilover 08 January 2009 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8406929)
Best not to drive home after the hearing...... :D

The Police have been known to wait outside to see if people do actually hop straight into their cars and drive home.

hodgy0_2 08 January 2009 01:51 PM

I was talking to a mate at work who said that he was banned driving a few years ago (at the time he had a motorbike, but had a car licence aswell)

the plonker assumed that he was just banned from riding a motorbike and continued to drive his car:cuckoo:

He's an Apple MAC user if that explains it!!!!:)

Timwinner 09 January 2009 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 8407296)
I was talking to a mate at work who said that he was banned driving a few years ago (at the time he had a motorbike, but had a car licence aswell)

the plonker assumed that he was just banned from riding a motorbike and continued to drive his car:cuckoo:

He's an Apple MAC user if that explains it!!!!:)

Im a MAC user and I crashed on my motorbike test. It could be we have to much time on our hands, as we never have to spend time re booting our computers.;)
but seriously, I totally wrecked on my bike test, It really hurt.

austinwrx 09 January 2009 08:24 AM

its from date of appearance in court. and yes the plod will hang around outside as loads of people drive to court :cuckoo:

don't know if you have to re take yr test once banned ? you'd think so ?

MattW 09 January 2009 09:55 AM

Sometimes the court may also impose an interim ban if a case is being sent to Crown. But generally as everyone has said from the day in court is the norm.

hodgy0_2 09 January 2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Timwinner (Post 8408950)
Im a MAC user and I crashed on my motorbike test. It could be we have to much time on our hands, as we never have to spend time re booting our computers.;)
but seriously, I totally wrecked on my bike test, It really hurt.

oops sorry to hear that (only joking about the Mac's btw)

I did know of someone years ago who turned up to do his driving test -- when the examiner said to him "show me to your car" -- his reply was "err don't you provide one" --- FAIL

another friend took one in his 2CV -- broke down and he had to get the examiner to push it ---- FAIL

EddScott 09 January 2009 10:13 AM

Court date.

I got stopped in Feb 2000, tried to fight it but words fell on deaf ears and got banned from May. I still drove from Feb to May

ScoTTyB 09 January 2009 12:52 PM

My advice is to stall it as long as possible, don't turn up e.t.c, that way you can keep driving legally. :)

dpb 09 January 2009 01:32 PM

Wont yo be then be in contempt of court ?

SteveScooby 09 January 2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB (Post 8409640)
My advice is to stall it as long as possible, don't turn up e.t.c, that way you can keep driving legally. :)

Yeah good idea, get a warrant issued for your arrest, piss off the magistrate an get a longer ban :cuckoo:

cookstar 09 January 2009 03:55 PM

I thought you was in the cells overnight and then court in the morning for drink driving? :wonder:

Well people I know of, that have been done have had it done like this.

douglasb 09 January 2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 8409142)
don't know if you have to re take yr test once banned ? you'd think so ?

It is an option that the magistrates can impose. I don't think that it would generally apply for a first DD offence unless the driver is well over the limit and driving while already banned (for anything), etc., however I think it is mandatory for a second or third DD offence shortly after a previous DD.

Adidas 09 January 2009 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 8410109)
I thought you was in the cells overnight and then court in the morning for drink driving? :wonder:

Only in your case :p And because you asked to share with Mr 'Big' :D :D :D

As said above, the Court can impose an interim ban if they feel it necessary.

cookstar 10 January 2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 8410612)
Only in your case :p And because you asked to share with Mr 'Big' :D :D :D

As said above, the Court can impose an interim ban if they feel it necessary.

:p
I would like to clarify that that was a joke, and have never been caught drink driving. :)