ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Why do the BBC continually dumb down programmes. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/736847-why-do-the-bbc-continually-dumb-down-programmes.html)

scoobynutta555 07 January 2009 07:34 PM

Why do the BBC continually dumb down programmes.

I've noticed over the past few years that the BBC seem to dumb down their 'factual' programmes. I've just got DIY SOS on and most of the programme seems to be about someone who looks like they're homeless doing poorly acted skits.

Rogue Traders and Top Gear off the top of my head are also more about pratting about than how the programme started out in life.

Granted these shows were never serious and factual to begin with, just infotainment (is there such a word?), but all this staged crap seems to be ruining these shows.

ScoobyWon't 07 January 2009 07:38 PM

I'm watching The Dog Whisperer. A good demonstration of someone who understands two species and shares his (and the animals') intelligence with the audience. :thumb:

Shame it doesn'r rub off on myself and my hounds who are still badly behaved pooches:lol1:

dpb 07 January 2009 08:17 PM

It is actually possibly that we are all getting thicker ( you simply need to look at sckool leavers) - and obviously were all at computer games which leave us unable to hold concentration for more than a few seconds

New_scooby_04 07 January 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8405728)
It is actually possibly that we are all getting thicker ( you simply need to look at sckool leavers) - and obviously were all at computer games which leave us unable to hold concentration for more than a few seconds

Soz, mised wot u said, plying Teken 3 ;) :D

There does seem to be a decline in the more, how do I say this without sounding pompous, 'cerebral' programs (epic fail) ;) on the BBC these days. Maybe people just want, kiss, kiss, bang, bang, Simon Cowell, nowdays?

JTaylor 07 January 2009 08:46 PM

BBC 4, sorted. :thumb:

JTaylor 07 January 2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8405750)
how do I say this without sounding pompous, 'cerebral' programs (epic fail) ;)

:lol1:

Leslie 08 January 2009 12:49 PM

I think the general idea is to dumb us all down to make the final takeover easier for the authorities!

Les :(

stilover 08 January 2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 8405559)
I've noticed over the past few years that the BBC seem to dumb down their 'factual' programmes. I've just got DIY SOS on and most of the programme seems to be about someone who looks like they're homeless doing poorly acted skits.

DIY SOS is aimed at dumb people anyway.

Enjoy your program. :thumb: :D

scoobynutta555 08 January 2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 8407146)
DIY SOS is aimed at dumb people anyway.

Enjoy your program. :thumb: :D

I didn't watch it, was just on in the background whilst I was posting. Just thought it strange that the show seemed to be a pantomime. Looked like TG without the budget.