ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is it just me? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/736760-is-it-just-me.html)

Milamber 07 January 2009 02:09 PM

Is it just me?

I'm sitting here in an office with all the heaters on AND fan heaters running too.

Everyones unhappy as I'm sitting here in my own office with the window open and apparently the cold is seeping through into their tropical greenhouse :brickwall

It's a comfortable 15 degrees in here and about 26 degrees with them :eek:

Jaybird-UK 07 January 2009 02:14 PM

woman?

DCI Gene Hunt 07 January 2009 02:16 PM

16C is the minimum for a workroom under HSE ACOPs.... ARREST HIM ;)

Coffin Dodger 07 January 2009 02:17 PM

Sounds just like where I work :rolleyes:

I have the heating set to 19 degrees C at home. I don't really feel the cold that much. At work it seems to be 24 - 26 degrees C most days, now I will admit that while sat at a desk all day it does need to be a little bit warmer but it's ridiculous. I just open the window now if I'm too warm :D

stilover 07 January 2009 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8404581)
I'm sitting here in an office with all the heaters on AND fan heaters running too.

Everyones unhappy as I'm sitting here in my own office with the window open and apparently the cold is seeping through into their tropical greenhouse :brickwall

It's a comfortable 15 degrees in here and about 26 degrees with them :eek:

Theres always one isn't there. It's bl00dy freezing outside and one nugget want's the window open. :rolleyes:

:D

davegtt 07 January 2009 02:23 PM

Im sure when I was at school I remember being told the ambient room temperature is 26degrees C.

Milamber 07 January 2009 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 8404603)
16C is the minimum for a workroom under HSE ACOPs.... ARREST HIM ;)

:D :razz:

Milamber 07 January 2009 02:26 PM

it was 6 degrees this morning, I thought I better not open the window then or there would be a revolt :lol1:

richardg 07 January 2009 02:27 PM

dave - 26 is way too high. houses are generally designed with habitable rooms (living room, dining room, bedroooms), being capable of maintaining 18-24 deg. even 24 is too high!

i was sitting in my office earlier (6 degrees outside but feels much colder here than at home...and yes milamber i know it was approx -10 over night as i have a web temperature monitor thingy on my laptop) with the door closed and the heater on full blast, struggling to get above about 11 degrees! central heating is not something the chinese seem to bother installing unfortunately, even in their own homes! thermal underwear sales are very high at the moment!

richardg 07 January 2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8404634)
it was 6 degrees this morning, I thought I better not open the window then or there would be a revolt :lol1:

i thought it was colder than that :wonder:
just my luck that it would snow while i'm away as well! i haven't driven in the snow for ages now and i miss it!

Milamber 07 January 2009 02:35 PM

What are you doing in China Richard? Fed up with Chelmsford exploding on you :lol1:

Whose going to keep an eye on my wife driving my car now?

Milamber 07 January 2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 8404665)
i thought it was colder than that :wonder:
just my luck that it would snow while i'm away as well! i haven't driven in the snow for ages now and i miss it!

6 degrees IN MY OFFICE :D stupid heating system is cold in the morning and boiling hot in the afternoon :brickwall

richardg 07 January 2009 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8404667)
What are you doing in China Richard? Fed up with Chelmsford exploding on you :lol1:

Whose going to keep an eye on my wife driving my car now?

:lol:
the company i went to in braintree in november 06 went bust in march 07. been unemployed/self employed since then and am currently working on an environmental engineering project in china - there was a plant in tilbury until recently, so the link is not all that far removed

not much going on in the property industry at home at the moment and unemployed chartered surveyors are ten a penny at the moment, so had to look further afield. no work plans for after 18 jan though as we have another candidate for your bro in law due on 4 feb so i obviously don;t want to be away for that!

richardg 07 January 2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8404672)
6 degrees IN MY OFFICE :D stupid heating system is cold in the morning and boiling hot in the afternoon :brickwall

i can relate to that. the air con is on the only source of heating in the apartment the company is renting. it's only in the lounge, so it's bl00dy cold in all the other rooms.

my mattress looks like it was made from ryvita (about the same thickness), sitting on a ply board and i have 2 duvets!

DCI Gene Hunt 07 January 2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 8404691)
duvets!

Quilts! :mad:

richardg 07 January 2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 8404807)
Quilts! :mad:

same to you :p

(can you tell i'm bored and have lots of time on my hands??)

Floodboy 07 January 2009 04:48 PM

whats wrong with duvets?

(also bored :) )