ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   I- Trader (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/736690-i-trader.html)

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 08:19 AM

I- Trader

Not seen a thread with this so i thought i would start one.

Stu is there any chance of a Feedback system starting like on similar forums (I trader) Would be an excellent idea because it least we can see who is decent an who isnt for buying and selling items.

Just there seems to be more an moer threads popping up about people thinking/getting scammed.

Since i have joined I have had a few PM's offering me things cheap but obviously common sense is to say No..... Someone else may take them up on this an get ripped off.

Discuss people:)

Cheers

Chris.B 07 January 2009 08:43 AM

I actually can't believe there's not one already.
This place seems to be a city than a community (if that make sense?)

How do you flush out the bad from the good?
Make it standard you have to supply your full name, address and at least a landline number before you can sell anything. Then if anything comes to light, the web team have full contact details.
It won't eliminate the problem but I think it will have a great impact on it.

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chris.B (Post 8403815)
I actually can't believe there's not one already.
This place seems to be a city than a community (if that make sense?)

How do you flush out the bad from the good?
Make it standard you have to supply your full name, address and at least a landline number before you can sell anything. Then if anything comes to light, the web team have full contact details.
It won't eliminate the problem but I think it will have a great impact on it.

That sounds even better mate

Yea it thought there would of been one already.

But i think putting one in place now will make alot more people buy/sell on the site.

It wont eliminate the issue as said but it will be positive step towards making it safer to trade

bluenosewrx 07 January 2009 12:31 PM

This should be up and running as standard but seems like no one up higher is intrested.

Mac

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 01:11 PM

Hopefully this will get the attention as its someone im srue everyone would want to see get put into place

Its makes sense

Fantom 07 January 2009 01:12 PM

They have Itrader on cliosport.net and I think it works great

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 01:31 PM

They have it on most sites im on aswell an it seems to work, If the person has poo feedback i wouldnt buy from them, But obviously if a noob comes to the site an doesnt know the person he is buying from is a known scammer there may be issue

This thread IS NOT a moan about SN not having it,

Its about getting it done now to hopefully help with people getting scammed etc

GazTheHat 07 January 2009 01:49 PM

A good idea and not that hard to implement.

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 02:09 PM

Thats what im thinking aswell

I would be happy to lend a hand if needed

Ved 07 January 2009 10:00 PM

I'll buy this idea for a dollar... if your rating is good enough.

Top idea IMO

Connor_scotland 07 January 2009 10:01 PM

haha class

This should be made a sticky to discuss it as its pretty important. Well i think it is

Chris.B 07 January 2009 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8406075)
haha class

This should be made a sticky to discuss it as its pretty important. Well i think it is

Agreed :thumb:

Ved 07 January 2009 10:26 PM

We had a system on the GT4OC where you can award members a +1 which they then have against their username. This isnt' just for transactions this is for good advice, funny posts, anything which others deem them being a good member. I think this would be a good indicator as not everyone would be actively selling goods to achieve a high trusted rating.

Thoughts?

Evolution Stu 07 January 2009 11:37 PM

We have been trialling some systems like this since i started. Mainly on my other forum. We need to ensure its code is stable and processor frugal on an extremely busy site like this before we can implement anything. Also, the current server wouldn't like the extra load in all honesty so we would need to wait until after the move. Move? Did I say move? ;)

You will remember I said there are some big changes coming soon, well a feedback system may be one of them. Thats all I am saying for now. ;)

Connor_scotland 08 January 2009 08:07 AM

Sounds good Stu

Cheers

pikeywrx 08 January 2009 10:09 AM

Im starting to break them as a hobby and at the moment just going to add a link to the cars i have broke as they all have people saying that it was a bargin and im a nice bloke etc etc. but would be easier to have a feed back system

GazTheHat 08 January 2009 03:17 PM

A thanks system might be a good idea too, like on AVForums. So posters can give/receive thanks for useful information.

Then when someone asks a question and someone replies. They will know if they're talking sh!te or whether they are being useful.

I'll want all my previous good posts/thanks backdated though. :D