ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Manchester advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/736509-manchester-advice.html)

Gymbal 06 January 2009 02:54 PM

Manchester advice

Got a stag do to arrange/ attend/ survive this weekend:
1 Need suggestions for a good curry Friday /Saturday night! ideally in rusholme but quality is more important!
2 A Saturday afternoon of entertainment in the salford area, or in Mancghester full stop. Going Karting 1100-1130 ,I know that the Imperial war museum and Lowry is nearby etc but good place top eat/drink etc

Should be amusing anyway!

Cheers for any suggestions

Bill

RyanSTI 06 January 2009 03:01 PM

loads of places in rusholme to eat mate, we used to go to one just up from the petrol station on the other side of the road. used to start off with a curry there, then move onto fallowfield for a few bevs, then get a taxi to a big club, m2 is wicked (or used to be, havent been up there for a couple of years). or down by the docks is a good night, expensive though. never went to salford, to rough for my liking. nearly got robbed just changing a tyre there lol

stilover 06 January 2009 03:02 PM

I've heard Sandy's Superstars is worth a visit. ;)

f1_fan 06 January 2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gymbal (Post 8401905)
1 Need suggestions for a good curry Friday /Saturday night! ideally in rusholme but quality is more important!
2 A Saturday afternoon of entertainment in the salford area, or in Mancghester full stop. Going Karting 1100-1130 ,I know that the Imperial war museum and Lowry is nearby etc but good place top eat/drink etc

Bill

Curry house in Rusholme - Darbar - best by far at the moment.

If you want to go somewhere after the karting there is The Chill Factor not too far away (assume you are karting in Daytona at Trafford) - skiing is always a good laugh and The Chill Factor as manmade snow rather than a dry slope. Classes to suit beginners or you can just ski as a group.

Gymbal 06 January 2009 03:25 PM

Chill factor, what a good idea! Will twist their arms!

SetoN 06 January 2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8401949)
Curry house in Rusholme - Darbar - best by far at the moment.

Funny i was going to say the same thing!

Stay away from the club M2! Never let a group of lads in anyway.

what music u guys into? might be able to help u out better with the nightlife then.

SetoN

Paul3446 06 January 2009 04:01 PM

If you want a really good laugh you could see if City are playing at home that day! ;)

SetoN 06 January 2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 8402091)
If you want a really good laugh you could see if City are playing at home that day! ;)

Git! :razz:

but true :cry:

SetoN :D

RyanSTI 06 January 2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by SetoN (Post 8402022)
Funny i was going to say the same thing!

Stay away from the club M2! Never let a group of lads in anyway.

what music u guys into? might be able to help u out better with the nightlife then.

SetoN

thats true, i was once waiting in line, and a rr pulled upand some "gangsters" just walked straight in.

pete higham 06 January 2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by RyanSTI (Post 8401929)
never went to salford, to rough for my liking. nearly got robbed just changing a tyre there lol

:Suspiciou

j4ckos mate 06 January 2009 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gymbal (Post 8401905)
2 A Saturday afternoon of entertainment in the salford area, or in Manchester full stop. Going Karting 1100-1130 ,I know that the Imperial war museum and Lowry is nearby etc but good place top eat/drink etc

Bill

1. anyone of the curry houses will be ok, make sure the licenced, in my experience the smaller tend to be the better. try heading into didsbury village afterwards, thats only a couple of miles away and has eight or nine great pubs on the strip

if your not hell bent on a curry chinatown is just as good with the added attraction of a lap dancing bar in there as well.

the war museum has nothing in it, neither does the lowry, unless your a girl it has its own shopping mall next door.

another option is maybe a helicopter trip from here Lancashire Aero Club not far from salford about ten minutes

or the chill factor e. the united tour is quite good as well.
dont forget the big wheel or Cloud 23 - Hilton Skybar Manchester - Review of Cloud 23 - Hilton Skybar bar

you could of course go for it and get tickets for united v chelsea but you wont get much change out of £250.

i hope youve booked your hotel because you will struggle with the footbal being on.
good luck.

what time are we meeting

j4ckos mate 06 January 2009 04:24 PM

sandys is only round the corner from me, one of these days...

fatscoobfella1 06 January 2009 05:22 PM

Whitefield aint it ?????

Air and space museum is good for a few hours and plenty of pubs on Liverpool St,Castlefield and locks..

Personally i would avoid the curry mile,its only mediore at best..

Shandar is prob the best IMHO..

Head into the City centre for good places to eat.. There was a recent thread about what and where :)

ScoobyWon't 06 January 2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 8402091)

Shame they couldn't have attended last Saturday ;)

j4ckos mate 06 January 2009 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 8402322)
Whitefield aint it ?????
and one in northenden.

Air and space museum is good for a few hours and plenty of pubs on Liverpool St,Castlefield and locks..
yes the air and space is ok, but i expect they want beer activities

Personally i would avoid the curry mile,its only mediore at best..

Shandar is prob the best IMHO..

Head into the City centre for good places to eat.. There was a recent thread about what and where :)

eastzeast.

you must check your hotel bookings it will be hammered in town at the weekend

Avi 06 January 2009 06:45 PM

NSFW Sandys

mamoon2 07 January 2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Avi (Post 8402592)
NSFW Sandys

:notworthy

ScoobyDont 07 January 2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Avi (Post 8402592)
NSFW Sandys

Liberty, Claudia, Carmen, Kerry, Caitlin all highly recommended.

j4ckos mate 07 January 2009 11:07 AM

and a big bottle of dettol

Avi 07 January 2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDont (Post 8404013)
Liberty, Claudia, Carmen, Kerry, Caitlin all highly recommended.

Indeed.. many of my friends have visited and can recommend it highly ;)

stilover 07 January 2009 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Avi (Post 8404495)
Indeed.. I have visited and can recommend it highly ;)

Edited for accuracy ;)

billythekid 07 January 2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8402147)
sandys is only round the corner from me, one of these days...

And you can get a jumbo cod and chips after (Whitefield one).

Anyway... moving on...

Um, in Salford for lunch you could go to the Frankie and Bennys which is about 4 min drive from Daytona (I assume this is where you are going). There is also Lowry as noted, which you can get lunch at, but not the best - mainly burger king IIRC.

For dinner and drink.. I would go into the city. Rusholme is not that good for food, I know this, I used to live within 30 seconds walking of the curry mile. You will be a bit stuck for places to drink after too unless you get taxis into town as the local pubs are not the best and unless you like being stabbed I would avoid them.

I would head to Akbars, on Liverpool Road. Good food, good bar, group friendly. They did get raided by the DWP recently though LOL..
Then from there there are plenty of pubs and clubs. You could work your way down deansgage and then up into the print works.