ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   working away sucks!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/736337-working-away-sucks.html)

whitescoob95 05 January 2009 07:43 PM

working away sucks!!!

im just packing my things to work away again, at least its only 200miles i guess and not afghanistan or anything like that!! lol, just mind numbing on an evening, go for usual jog....to the pub!!! man i need to think of doing something constructive, dogging?? jogging?? last ear spent too much time in the pub so gettig fit it is lol....

what do you recomennd??

Aaron1978 05 January 2009 07:52 PM

always said if i worked away again i'd see about an online course to do, which with mobile broadband and cheap laptops is not that hard. It would just be a question of finding something i'd find interesting and that would be useful and would always be that kind of work.

Aaron:thumb:

whitescoob95 05 January 2009 08:01 PM

good reply, got me thinking!!!

BOB.T 05 January 2009 08:26 PM

I took my bike last time I had to go away for work :)

whitescoob95 05 January 2009 08:31 PM

i havent got a bike....maybe buy one lol

boxst 05 January 2009 10:36 PM

I end up eating too much and watching TV / playing with the internet.

Thankfully I don't do it so much anymore (I used to spend 2 weeks in America and then 3 weeks at home).

Steve

ChrisB 05 January 2009 10:49 PM

Aye, working away is terrible for your weight. Nights in the pub and cooked breakfasts every day = lard monster!

tarmac terror 05 January 2009 10:51 PM

I sympathise with you - I refuse to spend time away from home for my employer, there is no amount of compensation they could pay me for a night away from my own bed, or my family.

not sure what to advise - I used to do a bit of webdesign as a sideline back then so a laptop was never far away, it can be a bit of a lone existance.

scoobynutta555 05 January 2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by whitescoob95 (Post 8399672)
im just packing my things to work away again, at least its only 200miles i guess and not afghanistan or anything like that!! lol, just mind numbing on an evening, go for usual jog....to the pub!!! man i need to think of doing something constructive, dogging?? jogging?? last ear spent too much time in the pub so gettig fit it is lol....

what do you recomennd??

Learning how to spell? ;)

whitescoob95 05 January 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 8400509)

F**K OFF :lol1:

boxst 05 January 2009 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 8400509)

Although a sarcastic suggestion, 'bettering yourself' is actually a good use of all the spare time that you have. Advice that I completely failed to follow of course as drinking another beer and watching TV always seemed to be a good option ...

Steve

4X4BOB 05 January 2009 11:16 PM

What you need for working away is a woman.
You can get plenty of excercise with the right one :norty:

I used to love working away. Living off company expenses yet earning more for being away from home. I couldn't get enough of it.

When the away work dropped off I had to get a divorce as I couldnt stand living with the sour faced fat b!tch. :D

richardg 06 January 2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8399717)
always said if i worked away again i'd see about an online course to do, which with mobile broadband and cheap laptops is not that hard. It would just be a question of finding something i'd find interesting and that would be useful and would always be that kind of work.

Aaron:thumb:

definately a good idea, but not if you're away from home working in a country where the broadband service is crap compared to home and some of the every day stuff you use on the web is blocked (and i don;t mean nsfw stuff!)

richardg 06 January 2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB (Post 8400498)
Aye, working away is terrible for your weight. Nights in the pub and cooked breakfasts every day = lard monster!

or on the other hand if you work in a country where the food isn't all that interesting (ie excessive amounts of chilli with every meal - including breakfast, ducks intestines, pigs intestines, cow's stomach, dog, etc etc is the norm for every meal of the day), you could find yourself losing weight!

....plus the chillies and the poor quality of the water coupled with extremely low standards of cleanliness help when it comes to weight loss!

richardg 06 January 2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4X4BOB (Post 8400616)
What you need for working away is a woman.
You can get plenty of excercise with the right one :norty:

can't be @rsed with all that and it's not for me in any case - i use my time away from home to catch up with sleep and emails etc. however, i walk past hotels every day which advertise "by the hour" room rates. what does that tell you?!!

webby v7 slipperwagon 06 January 2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 8401556)
can't be @rsed with all that and it's not for me in any case - i use my time away from home to catch up with sleep and emails etc. however, i walk past hotels every day which advertise "by the hour" room rates. what does that tell you?!!

Where the hell are you then apart from the Damm,:lol1:

webby v7 slipperwagon 06 January 2009 05:36 PM

I was recently working in Hull, oh god how awfull is that place, and i took my spanish learning cd's. Ended up watching the Bourne dvd's instead and guzzling wine. So my advice is pointless:lol1:

boxst 06 January 2009 05:41 PM

Last time I was away I watched Life on Mars (Series 1 and 2) and Ashes to Ashes.

Steve

GazTheHat 06 January 2009 06:03 PM

Been working away the last few months again. It does suck. Got a nice tidy crash pad and bought a xbox, so been playing that, watching movies and trying to avoid the calls of the pub. :)

whitescoob95 06 January 2009 06:34 PM

im away now, all i can say i brought down laptop and dongle and yes its wan!k reception lol so as you guessed...........at the pub after a shower although the lads have booked us in a a room above cocktail bar?????? what are they trying to tell me....im worried hahha

Ant 06 January 2009 09:21 PM

when i work away i take the laptop and psp.

i hate it , especially when some travelodges only have channels 1-4

richardg 07 January 2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon (Post 8402364)
Where the hell are you then apart from the Damm,:lol1:

i'll give you a clue. i'm in a country beginning with "C", which has a very large population..... :Suspiciou

whitescoob95 07 January 2009 07:44 PM

yet again the internet is way sloooooooow, taken me so far 15mins just to get this done, surely be 5more to upload post lol, so why not have a beer, also the cocktail bar we are staying in doesnt do cocktails??? wtf, just nasty beer....lol not that i wanted one....or maybe?? well its fookin 3zin at work and my phone wont work either....great. working away does suck!

boxst 07 January 2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 8404402)
i'll give you a clue. i'm in a country beginning with "C", which has a very large population..... :Suspiciou

Well, hours of fun for you. When I was there I sampled all kinds of food that I never wish to eat again but I can horrify my children with :)

Steve

richardg 07 January 2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 8405616)
Well, hours of fun for you. When I was there I sampled all kinds of food that I never wish to eat again but I can horrify my children with :)

Steve

been backwards and forwards between here and home since sept last year. you;re right about the food. i now refuse to eat offal or anything with bones in it. chilli doesn't bother me too much, but i'd rather eat nothing than two handfuls of chilli with every meal.

woof!