ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Tracker suscription advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/735304-tracker-suscription-advice.html)

johnpye 01 January 2009 02:37 PM

Tracker suscription advice

hi there everyone does everyone suscribe to there tracker or do people think its a waste of money i have just suscribed to mine and it seems to be quite alot of money for maybe nothing, but sure it helps with the insurance and if it ever does get stolen!!!

360ste 01 January 2009 03:22 PM

When I got mine fitted you paid for 3 years in advance and then it was for the time you owned the car. That was five years ago so not complaining.

mje_wrx 01 January 2009 03:23 PM

i dont have mine fitted yet, but its gotta be worth it, only ever seen them track cars on tv, lol but they do find a fair few if the car is reported stolen quick enough so they can get a good signal lock.

zs_phil 01 January 2009 03:27 PM

mine is currently active but do you really want your car back if it is stole and had its arse thrashed by a couple of idiots :nono: .
when the next renewal comes ill be going somewhere else .
rac trackstar has gone down because of the vat cut only pay £10.99 instead of £11.00 :freak3:

mje_wrx 01 January 2009 03:29 PM

thats true, suppose it depends on how far they get with ur motor. problem these days is a car like a scoob, if they can get away with it, they will make sure they trash it b4 they run if police on onto them

JohnD 01 January 2009 04:24 PM

Take care. Not a good idea to admit that your tracker is now inoperative, on a public forum?

JohnD

mje_wrx 01 January 2009 08:19 PM

cant take a car with no engine in, no wheels on and in very secure place. away from home

Boro 01 January 2009 08:25 PM

IF... You had tracker installed but NOT activated and it was stolen, do you think if you rang tracker and paid the subscription they would activate it there and then?

mit 01 January 2009 09:11 PM

I've a tracker, and so far so good. I've had a couple of times when i've been doing some work on the car, disconnected the battery, within 5 mins i've had a phone call telling me about it! First year was £120, im about to renew, £200 for as long as i have the car.

Mit

scooby1doo1 02 January 2009 11:46 AM

I had to have 1 when bought the car, as directline would not have insured if is was nicked.
Paid £320 for as long as i have the car or it was £120 per yr, coming up to 4 yrs of owning this car now.
P.S my prems did not come down 1p, but like said they told me if it was nicked them i deal with it.

Tazz Kill Er 02 January 2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 8389025)
IF... You had tracker installed but NOT activated and it was stolen, do you think if you rang tracker and paid the subscription they would activate it there and then?

No they won't most will take your money and then tell you that they cannot help for 30 days IIRC, it'e been tried before and failed.

richie001 02 January 2009 12:32 PM

Would you be better off spending your money on Blackjax or something similar.