ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   HELP !!!!!!!!! Actuator (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/734479-help-actuator.html)

hixxys STI 28 December 2008 10:56 PM

HELP !!!!!!!!! Actuator

hi guys think my actuator has given up because i can pull the rod in & out with plyers. I have a WRX STI V4 "import" so what turbo is on my is it TD04 not sure.

cheers matt :thumb:

myblackwrx 28 December 2008 10:57 PM

turbo will be a vf24 iirc

340BHP-WRX 28 December 2008 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by hixxys STI (Post 8378778)
hi guys think my actuator has given up because i can pull the rod in & out with plyers. I have a WRX STI V4 "import" so what turbo is on my is it TD04 not sure.

cheers matt :thumb:

You can pull the rod in and out but there should be a certain amount of resistance to it ;)

What makes you think the actuator is knackered ?

hixxys STI 28 December 2008 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX (Post 8378797)
You can pull the rod in and out but there should be a certain amount of resistance to it ;)

What makes you think the actuator is knackered ?

there is hardly any resistance and when i was driving it earlyer it just feels a bit slugish so i checked the hoses, nothing, phoned my mate and he said check the act
any ideas before i get a new one :wonder:
thanks for the quick replys :thumb: :thumb:

STI_Baly 28 December 2008 11:23 PM

The circlip which holds the actuator rod to the wastegate spigot hasn't dropped off has it?

STI_Baly 28 December 2008 11:36 PM

The only way to test this actuator is actually working properly is to connect the vacum side of it to a compressor with an adjustable regulator and monitor movement of Actuator at stock boost of 1.1 bar (STI) 0.9 bar (WRX).

I do this with all my turbos prior to fitting to ensure the wastegate is functional.

Good Luck.

hixxys STI 29 December 2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by STI_Baly (Post 8378868)
The only way to test this actuator is actually working properly is to connect the vacum side of it to a compressor with an adjustable regulator and monitor movement of Actuator at stock boost of 1.1 bar (STI) 0.9 bar (WRX).

I do this with all my turbos prior to fitting to ensure the wastegate is functional.

Good Luck.

because i have not fitted my boost gauge yet what is the std psi for a sti import, i think 1.1bar is around 14-15 psi is'nt it because ill fit the gauge first and if is'nt holding boost the act has had it
:thumb:

STI_Baly 29 December 2008 10:57 AM

15.95 PSI to be exact....:thumb: for an STI import.

hixxys STI 29 December 2008 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by STI_Baly (Post 8379421)
15.95 PSI to be exact....:thumb: for an STI import.

:notworthy :thumb: cheers buddy ill try and fit it tomorrow and let you know what it is running

cheers matt :)

Minjeeta 30 December 2008 08:34 PM

ye should be able to pull it out wi pliers anyway mate. take the vacuum hose off at the t-piece and skoosh brake cleaner in and go for a burst...........