ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Remaping an import??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/734163-remaping-an-import.html)

stu1984 27 December 2008 12:45 PM

Remaping an import???

After reading loads of threads about running an import on uk vpower, and the problems of it going bang,, which my one has all read done!!! :(

Do i need to get it set up to run Uk fuel? if so can my V3 Type R ECU be remapped for this? thanks

Pete 27 December 2008 12:50 PM

IIRC The V3 which i also have was out before they had the 100 ron fuel in Japan so running it on v-power is ok, BUT i,d be happier with a mapped car tbh, plus you,ll get yourself abit more power too..

stu1984 27 December 2008 04:36 PM

ok can my ECU be remapped ? or will i need somthing like a power fc to do this?thanks

Mus 27 December 2008 04:49 PM

pfc is proberly your cheapest and most effictive

joz8968 27 December 2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by stu1984 (Post 8376257)
ok can my ECU be remapped ? or will i need somthing like a power fc to do this?thanks

Your cheapest option for sure is a PFC (second hand on here or eBay). Then get it fitted and mapped by Jolly Green Monster (he can travel to you). JGM also can supply, fit and map a brand new PFC, should you wish. However...

...If you were considering a brand new PFC, then in mine, and I'm sure JGM's opinion, the Simtek is the superior option. JGM can supply a brand new one, fit and map it for not too much more than the PFC - see here: www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk

The Simtek, amongst other features, runs MAFless (very much a good thing!) and you can have two genuinely separate, switchable maps on it. For example, one map could be for normal 97 RON; the other for V-Power 99 (or, say, V-Power + a 20% E85 mix), etc...

scoobynutta555 27 December 2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by stu1984 (Post 8375955)
After reading loads of threads about running an import on uk vpower, and the problems of it going bang,, which my one has all read done!!! :(

You've run on Vpower and the engine has blown? How long did you have it? I've seen a lot of similar posts and the owners have had their imports less than a week :( Not nice when the bill will be a few grand.

stu1984 28 December 2008 12:27 PM

i have had the car for 5months now , had nothing but trouble with it:( new clutch, then new crank seals , now the bottom end exploded:(.

i thought i had bought a good one, obosaly not cause it is costing big time to keep, i realy dont want to sell the car cause i love it so much :)

but its looking like i need about £2500 to put it back on the road after i get a new block and ecu #:( just hope that is the end off my troubles ......... :( :( :brickwall

Pete 28 December 2008 12:41 PM

Stu,

Gutted for you mate, it,s deflating when things like this happen BUT as you,ve said, get her bulit again by a GOOD builder, i see you,re in Scotland so maybe Andy F could help you out then enjoy the car again.

I know it,s crap spending all that cash on a car in this current financial climate, but once it,s all done you can start to enjoy the car again mate..