ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   which exhaust??? opinions please!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/733694-which-exhaust-opinions-please.html)

sy. 23 December 2008 08:46 PM

which exhaust??? opinions please!!!

out of these three for not silly loud but not too quiet so sort of middle ground
1) afterburner vortex
2)hks super dragger
3)tsl group n

scatty 23 December 2008 09:16 PM

ive got a group n at the min, well untill 2mz anyway.and thats not silly loud at all, just right tbh, if a tiny bit quiet.

il let you know wot the vortex sounds like wen it goes on.....:norty:

dunno bout the 3rd 1....

rev.chris 23 December 2008 09:16 PM

ive got the vortex on a stright throu system an its f - ing loud, its to loud really, people will always know when ur around there hear u from miles away,

andyswagon 23 December 2008 09:33 PM

vortex ftw!

bushiwarrior 23 December 2008 10:32 PM

afterburner vortex ftw perfect tbh

wiley 24 December 2008 12:43 AM

had the afterburner vortex on my scoob when i first bought it, loved the sound it made but prefer the blitz which i have currently

wiley

bob r 24 December 2008 01:03 AM

If it's just the b/b you are fitting then the Vortex will be fine.
If you want the full system then the Vortex may be too loud but that's how I like em.
Can't comment on the HKS.

magicgreg 24 December 2008 01:56 AM

Another shout for the Afterburner Vortex, full decat and straight through system on mine and I love it!

Great looking and great build quality, go for the straigh exit though if you get one, really don't like any angled exit pipes, look like an afterthought thats just been stuck on.

G

jnessling 24 December 2008 08:16 AM

I am thinking of just replacing the backbox on my 2005 wrx wagon (completely standard at moment) I want to make it sound good but not overly loud

I have been looking at the milltek 3.5" rolled one will it beastraight swap for standard and will it now sound like a proper scooby

Probably look at doing the down pipe at later stage when funds allow

eureka 24 December 2008 08:21 AM

dont fit the hks if you dont want loud i have one on a type r 3" system very loud

dunx 24 December 2008 09:50 AM

TSL Group N, the grown ups choice....

LOL

I've just had to go 3" for turbo reasons.

dunx

stuartknox 24 December 2008 12:05 PM

hi

i have a afterburner vortex with a full straight through system, loud as hell, but sounds great!!

The wife can here me coming five minutes before i arrive:)

brocksta 25 December 2008 06:39 PM

full after burner vortex angled exit apart from the 100 cell anti lag cat believe me it screams when fully loaded but easy to live with when bobbing around sounds great

sy. 27 December 2008 09:05 PM

thanks for the replies guys right then i had a visit from a mate with the group n nice (sensible) but a bit quiet for me so i have purchased both the hks super drager and the afterburner vortex and after trying them both the vortex has won me over sounds great very nice rumble without being ott so i now have the 3" hks for sale in the for sale section its a good middle ground exhaust just does not have the deepness of the vortex :D