ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   how do yous get concert tickets? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/732615-how-do-yous-get-concert-tickets.html)

delcbr 18 December 2008 03:28 PM

how do yous get concert tickets?

i was looking forward to buying AC/DC tickets and knew they were on sale from 10am......so i went to the ticket website where its hosting ac/dc and all it said was the server is busy due to the high volume of users try again later i kept hitting refresh until nearly half past when i seen the tickets clicked on all 3 types and it said sold out wtf!!!!

so how did all them people manage to get a ticket before me?
is the hotline number the way to get tickets or is there another way????
should i have been phoning before 10am?
should i have tried ticketmaster i had ticketmaster window open for a short while as well but but it counted down in minutes how long i had to wait then the time went back up again!!!!
now i know why people pay over the odds for concert tickets on fleabay as they seem to be unobtainable!!!!!!!
any advice?

SteveScooby 18 December 2008 03:30 PM

I've always used Ticketmaster

GC8 18 December 2008 03:30 PM

Many people have to buy them off the parasites who jam the servers.....

Timwinner 18 December 2008 03:34 PM

Stargreen or Ticket master normally, I always try the venue itself if I cant get hold of anything.

I must admit I sometimes use Ebay too, I know its a bit dodgy but I have never had a problem.

PaulC72 18 December 2008 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8357649)
Many people have to buy them off the parasites who jam the servers.....

Agreed, one day they will stop all this tout selling and let the real fans buy them first hand.

Buzzer 18 December 2008 04:01 PM

I've found it more and more rediculous over the years, i try to get to around 6 concerts a year and probably half of those have to be bought from scum sucking touts or fleabayers (probably touts aswell).

Managed to get Killers tickets for next year though :D

Some of the prices on the likes of seatwave are disgusting, they should be capped but i guess supply and demand and the pound speaks all :(

Shame for the real fans of groups / artists, i really wanted to go see Kings of Leon but i just couldnt get anything anywhere and i refuse to pay parasites at the gate

davegtt 18 December 2008 04:10 PM

Never failed to get tickets for any event Ive ever wanted to go to apart from World Cup England tickets, even then they were available at £200 each though.

little-ginge 18 December 2008 04:13 PM

another happy ticketmaster customer:)

mart360 18 December 2008 05:54 PM

what venue are you after tickets for?

Still available for wembley at 1759 today

Mart

SteveScooby 18 December 2008 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 8357662)
Agreed, one day they will stop all this tout selling and let the real fans buy them first hand.

How do you suggest "they" do that? :wonder:

room 512 18 December 2008 08:21 PM

Its always worth joining the mailing lists for bands you are into as most do pre-sales for their mailing list members, allowing purchase of tickets a couple of days before they go on general sale. I know Snow Patrol, Keane, Coldplay, Stereophonics, The Enemy, Paul Weller all did this recently. (Yes I know these aren't to everyone's taste!!).

delcbr 19 December 2008 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 8358048)
what venue are you after tickets for?

Still available for wembley at 1759 today

Mart

it was for Hampden stadium in glasgow!

DCI Gene Hunt 19 December 2008 04:45 PM

I bought two sets for Wembley in error, it's taken 3 days to get a refund from TM for the second set! £180 (including fan club membership).

Should've Ebayed them ;)

JPL 19 December 2008 04:59 PM

Never... EVER use SEATWAVE.COM

Fix that in your memory guys... DO NOT USE THEM.

£200 out of pocket, lousy service, they didn't give a sh1t... AVOID !!!

fivetide 19 December 2008 05:26 PM

ticketmaster are almost a tout in themselves. We missed out on the AC/DC ones because we need disabled access. To do that you had to phone the venue. Obviously you couldn't get through.

However the OFT needs to look at companies like ticketmaster and cap their charges. for AC/DC it was £5.50 per ticker plus another £3 minimum postage. It was still £3 if you went to the venue and picked them up in person. A total scam.

5t.

chrisUK300 19 December 2008 05:43 PM

I got 2 killers tickets from GET ME IN! Buy & Sell Concert Tickets, Theatre Tickets and Sports Tickets. which are a part of Ticketmaster I believe. Pricey though. Anyone else used them?