ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Not a good night (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/732513-not-a-good-night.html)

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 12:41 AM

Not a good night

Well

As you know my gf hasnt been well. Coughing up blood an really bad chest/lower abdoman/back pains

Tonight it got really bad, she was curled up in a ball crying her eyes out so i took her to a+e at 7pm......

They took her in an took some blood tests/xrays an ultrasound scans to check are organs etc

Still nothing then they whacked some drugs into her an put her on a drip

They still are not sure what the deal is but she is out of her face an not crying as im assuming she cant feel the pain anymore.

I feel so gutted for her. Just came home to get clothes for her an some other bits as they keeping her in. She is out for the count so im going to get my dinner ..........

Fingers crossed they find out whats going on.

They said a few things. Kidney stones,stomach ulcer, gol stones, stomach infections

The bloods came back ok so they are going to keep an eye on her for the night

Im worried but she is in the best place tbh

P.s to make it worse i reversed into the curb an have bent the front pipe on the scooby

GC8 18 December 2008 12:49 AM

It could be that she has torn her windpipe, caused by violent coughing. That happened to me after I didnt react well to a car deodouriser. It made me cough so violently that I separated the two halves of my rib cage! It sh*t me right up, as you can imagine, but it looked a lot worse than it actually was.

pimmo2000 18 December 2008 12:53 AM

Jesus mate .. thats nasty .. Dunno if it means much but pass on our support to her.. at least it might make her smile .. or laugh :) (at the sad forum posters)

Best of luck

Mus 18 December 2008 01:07 AM

that doesnt sound too good but i wish her a speedy recovery its not nice best of luck mate

Buzzer 18 December 2008 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear that mate, at least the bloods come back ok so it wont be anything sinister hopefully. All the best, now fook off and go and be with her :)

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8356461)
It could be that she has torn her windpipe, caused by violent coughing. That happened to me after I didnt react well to a car deodouriser. It made me cough so violently that I separated the two halves of my rib cage! It sh*t me right up, as you can imagine, but it looked a lot worse than it actually was.

Thats what i was thinking as she has been coughing really violent. Also i know what you mean about it looks alot worse than it is.

Will pass these kind words onto her.

She was in good form ealier as i was making her laugh by having a go at wearing the fancy gas mask she had on lol (Big kid i am):)

O'well i better hit the road an nip back over to the hospital for the night.

I shall update in the morning lads

Cheers for the comments

Lisawrx 18 December 2008 01:25 AM

Could be nothing serious, hopefully. As GC8 says, could be something like he experienced, especially as she has been unwell recently.

I have just recently been rushed to hospital, been bad for a while now, and took ill, having a fit or something like that. I have no memory, so other half got me to hospital, ended up on some drugs, and a drip...not nice. Still not well now, just trying to keep myself going.

Hope she is ok soon, and my thoughts are with her.

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 01:33 AM

Cheers Lisa - yea she is on a driop - Doesnt look good at all. Then injecting her with 4 or 5 different types of fluids.

Poor lass is exhausted.

Right im finished my pot noodle haha im offski

Speak to yall the morrow

wiley 18 December 2008 01:34 AM

hope she gets better soon, my gf is expecting and every time she feels sick or pains i take her to the hospital...
dont worry too much mate

wiley

SwissTony 18 December 2008 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8356504)
Cheers Lisa - yea she is on a driop - Doesnt look good at all. Then injecting her with 4 or 5 different types of fluids.

Poor lass is exhausted.

Right im finished my pot noodle haha im offski

Speak to yall the morrow

cue connor's next post as he is admitted to the hospital complaining of chest pains after eating a pot noodle :)

Matteeboy 18 December 2008 09:39 AM

At least the blood tests came back okay so that will have eliminated almost anything really nasty. Horrible seeing your other half in pain and upset :cry:

Snazy 18 December 2008 10:17 AM

All the best to ya missus mate. Sounds bloody awful :(

Leslie 18 December 2008 11:18 AM

Sorry to hear about all that. Hope she recovers soon and that it is nothing serious.

Les

finalzero 18 December 2008 11:34 AM

hope its not bad mate, my bro had similar symptoms, ended up being Pneumonia on his lung!

Thankfully they pumped him full of a cocktail of drugs and he is okay now so fingers crossed mate!

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 12:00 PM

Well been back a few hours now.

She has massivley improved. The pain has gone away. Further blood tests revealed something else she has an appointment at the doctors tomorrow.

Nothing serious i dont think.

What matters is she is on the mend. she is just totally exhausted

SiPie 18 December 2008 12:04 PM

Good news Connor :thumb:

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 12:56 PM

Very good mate. She is just snoozing as she is shattered.

She has a sore head but they said she would as an afteraffect of all the drugs they gave her

But she has had breakfast so im happy

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 09:38 PM

Right Not a good night again

At 4pm she got really sick again so i was told to take her up to A+E they have done more tests an want to keep her in again but this time im not allowed to stay as she is in an open ward which is quite understandable.

She is in alot of pain now but is getting some scans done early morning so fingers crossed. I just want her to get better. Im soooo down about this. And just pure exhausted

Will keep you all updated

Torquemada 18 December 2008 10:15 PM

Really hope things look better for your gf soon, Connor. Must be quite heart wrenching, what with all the to and fro-ing and one minute she's better the next she's in agony :(

A big, get well soon from Scoobynet :)

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 10:25 PM

It sure is mate

I was beginning to relax today an wind down from all the panic then it started again. I feel so sorry for her. Just spoke to her an they have given her morphone and paracetemol liquid on a drip so she isnt in any pain anymore.

She was very groggy on the phone so i let her get some more sleep.

Fingers crossed she will be all "fixed" tomorrow. Im going to go to work as there aint much i can do as she will be sleeping all morning.

The Dogs B******s 18 December 2008 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8358856)
It sure is mate

I was beginning to relax today an wind down from all the panic then it started again. I feel so sorry for her. Just spoke to her an they have given her morphone and paracetemol liquid on a drip so she isnt in any pain anymore.

She was very groggy on the phone so i let her get some more sleep.

Fingers crossed she will be all "fixed" tomorrow. Im going to go to work as there aint much i can do as she will be sleeping all morning.

First time i've seen this thread,hope all goes well mate:thumb:

Torquemada 18 December 2008 10:29 PM

Well, fingers crossed for y'all from here :)

Sounds like getting to work and keeping your self busy is definitely the best bet, or you'll drive yourself up the wall with worry. I bet any thought of sleep has gone out the window though :(

richiewong 18 December 2008 10:31 PM

Good luck with this Connor.

My thoughts are with you and your lass at this time of year.

Connor_scotland 18 December 2008 10:52 PM

Yea totally mate im like "wired" even tho i have had no sleep the past 2 days pretty much

But i will sleep as i know she is in the best place. Fingers crossed i hope she is better as she is moaning to finish her xmas shopping Saturday hehe

I am gettng her some flowers an other bits for her coming home. :-)

Tam the bam 18 December 2008 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your lass Connor, hope all goes well and she makes a full recovery for Christmas.

G-string 19 December 2008 12:16 AM

Glad its not as serious as you first thought mate, though my thoughts are still with you both

Connor_scotland 19 December 2008 07:07 AM

she has one of them tvs at her bed with email an the old internet so she sent me a couple of mails in the night.

I never slept a wink just lay awake. I look like a junkie zombie this morning haha

O'well its the old waiting game now. I will keep you all updated.

Im hoping she gets out today and is well

Gear Head 19 December 2008 09:52 AM

All the best for your lady friend mate. (And you! :thumb: )

f1_fan 19 December 2008 11:38 AM

Just seen this thread and for waht it's worth wanted to wish your lady and you of course all the best - hope she will be back fighting fit soon.

tanyatriangles 19 December 2008 11:49 AM

Any more news? Hope the lass is OK.