ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Car alarms (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/731277-car-alarms.html)

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 01:19 PM

Car alarms

Other than the obvious Pulse in hadleigh, does anyone have any recommendations for car alarm installers?

I need to change the alarm on the bimmer as no fob, just the manual plug in overide. plus it's a bit out of date so wouldn't mind a more current cat 1 on there for piece of mind.

Cheers,

Matt.

Spec'c'57 12 December 2008 01:23 PM

have used precision in canvey a few times. :thumb:

rossi_p 12 December 2008 01:50 PM

A friend of mine fits Toad systems.

I can drop you his mobile if you're interested but he is moving house this weekend so not sure when he will be available.

He will be located in Wickford.

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 02:03 PM

cheers guys.

ross - yes please mate. have had toad systems before and like the features. no real rush for the alarm. the one on there works but got my bonus letter today ;)

Spec'c'57 12 December 2008 02:11 PM

Wanna buy a noble? ;)

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 02:41 PM

lol. bonus isn't that good. although was thinking of selling the bimmer and buying another scoob lol. or maybe putting a deposit down on a focarse rs :norty:

Spec'c'57 12 December 2008 02:47 PM

You could have the noble for the cost of an RS. ;)

rossi_p 12 December 2008 03:05 PM

PM sent :D

Stick with the BM fella, looks nice in the pics and once you've put your hand to it.. sure it will be tip top!!

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 8342466)
You could have the noble for the cost of an RS. ;)

don't tell me things like that. :norty:

could you imagine the missus though. "i've bought a new car luv. but you'll have to stay at home as i can only fit me and samuel in it" :lol1:

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by rossi_p (Post 8342497)
PM sent :D

Stick with the BM fella, looks nice in the pics and once you've put your hand to it.. sure it will be tip top!!

Cheers Ross :thumb:

i've got some time to spend on it on monday. got a half day from work so hopefully will be dry. need to get that roof cleaned properly.

Spec'c'57 12 December 2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8342514)
don't tell me things like that. :norty:

could you imagine the missus though. "i've bought a new car luv. but you'll have to stay at home as i can only fit me and samuel in it" :lol1:

:D:D feel a change coming on again. :brickwall :norty:

rossi_p 12 December 2008 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8342519)
Cheers Ross :thumb:

i've got some time to spend on it on monday. got a half day from work so hopefully will be dry. need to get that roof cleaned properly.

No worries :).

I'm just going to dry Aerospace 303 on the MX5 roof when I get round to it.

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 8342528)
:D:D feel a change coming on again. :brickwall :norty:

Cough, TVR, Cough :norty:

V4JDMSTi 12 December 2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by rossi_p (Post 8342559)
No worries :).

I'm just going to dry Aerospace 303 on the MX5 roof when I get round to it.

that's what i've got to go on mine. :thumb:

NickBes 12 December 2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8342449)
lol. bonus isn't that good. although was thinking of selling the bimmer and buying another scoob lol. or maybe putting a deposit down on a focarse rs :norty:

You can have mine for £3300 mate :lol1:

WRX_Dazza 12 December 2008 05:18 PM

focus is the way to go !!! :)

Tiny 12 December 2008 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 8342816)
focus is the way to go !!! :)

:D :D

Nate 12 December 2008 06:10 PM

Matt,

another vote for Precision.

I went down to their office to 'enquire' (read, get a better deal ;) ) about an alarm on the Friday at 4pm ....... The alarm was fitted by 2pm on the Saturday at home :thumb: , you cannot get any better service than that, it was a Toad alarm as well.

The deal I got beat another local company by £100 :eek:

The one thing Precison did say was that Viper are the way to go now, as you can diagnose faults in the alarm a lot easier than the older systems as they just plug into a laptop ;) , plus you can have pagers etc as well, cost was no different to the Toad.

HTH

Nate 12 December 2008 06:16 PM

As a BTW.

I am thinking of having the alarm changed on the Subaru as it doesn't work under masts :rolleyes: + possibly changing my van alarm as well and have thought about having the Viper on both and having 1 pager system for both vehicles.

The good thing about the pager that the fitter told me, is if you park your car van around the corner out of view, it will let you know if someone is getting too close or breaking into your car even before the alarm goes off.

And was going to start a thread guaging interest in alarms being fitted to any of your other cars, to gain any better discounts ;)

Diesel_DC 12 December 2008 07:45 PM

Matt,

Guardian gets my vote, they are in dagenham but are top notch, Dazza had the xrpoo done by them IIRC and was happy, I have been using them for years for alarms and ICE never had any issues.

Number is: 0500525620