ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Evo 10 FQ360 (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/730891-evo-10-fq360.html)

scoobysmiff 10 December 2008 05:36 PM

Evo 10 FQ360

Has anyone driven one? I had a go of a brand new one today and to be honest i was not impressed!
Do they have any sort of "running in" restrictor on them as i didn't feel that it had anything like 360bhp
My V4 Sti with 300bhp felt quicker hence the restricted comment :wonder:

Matteeboy 10 December 2008 05:48 PM

Only tested the IX (or 9) FQ360 and was deeply impressed.
How many miles did it have? Not run in?

gallois 10 December 2008 07:46 PM

saw the new colt and the other mitsuwhatever today, has the exact same design nose as the evo ix, kinda ruins the 'exclusivity' of the ix.

scoobysmiff 10 December 2008 08:11 PM

43 miles on it !

i did think it would be quicker though, i guess it just needs running in properly to see, deffo not as quick as my scoob over familiar ground

Matteeboy 11 December 2008 09:13 AM

Smiff - the one I tested had about 2k miles on it - I reckon it's the sort of car that needs a lot of running in.

I've tested a few new cars with very low miles that haven't felt right - just feel stifled somehow.

The FQ360 I tested felt free revving, with not a lot of lag and it just went. Very fast.

Hol 11 December 2008 12:53 PM

I thought they were supposed to be the best one available.

Dont forget that it would need an extra 10%/36bhp to match the classics power to weight ratio (As do newage impreza's).

So really only 10% more 'power'.

But, being newer suspension, it should have cornered a bit bit better (especially with the computer driving the rear wheels).

Matteeboy 11 December 2008 01:06 PM

You can't argue with a car that does 0-60 in 4 seconds dead though (the 9 did it in 3.9s)!

That's FAST.

And the one I drove gripped like nothing I've driven (nearest in performance being an F355). The AYC works a treat.

john banks 11 December 2008 02:40 PM

It just means it has a lot of traction, it doesn't have very much power for its porky weight.

The IX can get to 300 BHP per ton with simple mods.

scoobysmiff 11 December 2008 11:00 PM

i guess i need another go then when it has done a few more miles but i still maintain that si far i'm not that impressed, i'm not saying it is slow cos that would be stupid but just not as quick as i expected considering it is supposed to have 360bhp, anyone know how much they weigh?

Matteeboy 12 December 2008 09:26 AM

About 1500kgs and they 9 (which was 1400kgs) had 366bhp so assume the 10 is the same?

blu scoob 12 December 2008 07:40 PM

the wifes got one and its ok but you dont feel like your in a EVO but drove it on some lanes the other week and it was good:luxhello:

TOMMY_TURBO 13 December 2008 06:12 PM

my mate has a evo x fq360 and it didnt feel like 360bhp wen it was band new but its now done 4000miles and its defo got faster

Mobbster 18 December 2008 07:54 AM

Hi
The Evo & Scoobie deliver there power in different ways ;)
The Evo has a more constant pull with a little less of the big bang pull you get with a tuned scoobie when it comes on boost.
The Evo IX FQ360 with mivec ( Like V-TEC) will eat say a RB320 or STI ppp scoobie (but then it does have a few more horses to spare). :cry:
Once your rolling about 40 side by side and give it the gas when you reach about 90 the Evo will be pulling away at a big rate :notworthy .
The X Evo is every bit as quick as the IX when rolling on and is only a few tenths slower to 60 than the IX but it is a little heavier as mentioned before.
All the BEST
Cheers :thumb:

trackcar si 20 December 2008 08:34 PM

evo x

before i got my wrx ra to put on the track i had a 05 sti type uk last of the 2.0L vf37 turbo with a small amount of mods (boola headers ,blits spec s , prodrive cat (standerd) inerwing intake ) it had a ppp pack on it and it ran 287.9 bhp at the wheels and my mate has a evo 9 fq360 and there was nothing in it if id had it mapped it would of been diffrent storey but his was sone 8-10k more new not worth the extra.

Mobbster 20 December 2008 10:10 PM

trackcar si
Hi
Sorry to say thats horse sh1te :nono:
I have an FQ360MR and my mate has a PPP STi with a few trick bits on ;)
For a start the Evo has 366 bhp to start with and is 70/80kgs lighter.
I dont really need to say anymore do i ?
And before you say otherwise i do own a RB320 and love it :thumb:
But dont get ideas above your station fella :cuckoo:
All the BEST
Cheers

trackcar si 21 December 2008 05:27 PM

fq360

hi mate if you add up the power 287+30-35% loss its not far off and ive also driven a fq360 and the new evo 10, 360 and meany faster cars 712 bhp evo 5 and lot of big power skylines ex used to work for a large tuner and i use to help on track days .So i think im MORE able to say wots faster and wots not it sounds like evo owners sindrome because no other car faster than a evo . you must be a member of the mlr :lol:

scoobyboy1 21 December 2008 05:34 PM

Had a little play with a Evo X FQ300 the otherday in my Version 6 STi(full decat and filter) which is around the same bhp as the Evo, You can tell the extra weight the Evo X carries now In a straight line the Scooby was much quicker, but on roundabouts and bends the Evo X was much more smoother and with no fuss it would go round corners very well, where as my scooby even with Tein coilovers droplinks and a few other suspension mods etc would find it hard to stay close to it. Only chance I had was on the straights.

By the looks of it, Id say a Evo X would have to be close to 360bhp to be even with a 300bhp classic STi!!!!

Anyone know the weight of a Evo X RS compared to a Evo X GSR!!!!!

trackcar si 21 December 2008 05:52 PM

evo

hi scooby boy the only evo other than my mates 700+bhp evo 5 (grate in a strate line but crap on the bends to much power) was a evo 7 rs i test drove before i got my sti it felt much lighter and more nimble but you would'nt wont to do maeny miles in it . bit like the car i own at the mo:wonder:

Mobbster 21 December 2008 05:55 PM

trackcar si
If you know so much why come out with such a load of rubbish :cuckoo:
Never mind telling me what you have been in or who you have helped out for the odd weekend :nono: (passing the spanners was it or fetching the burgers):lol:
You dont know me from "adam" so dont tell me who is better to judge & which is faster ;)
I suppose you hang around McDonalds waiting to blow veyrons off do you ?
Not even going to bother with a conversation which is based on Sh1te :brickwall
As i mentioned before i own both and both are good cars with good & bad points.
Anyway must go now off to KFC to blow a few fiesta popular plus's off :Whatever_
Ps
The only car that subaru have made which will just edge a std 360 is a Impreza Litchfield Type 25 :notworthy
All the BEST
Cheers

scoobyboy1 21 December 2008 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mobbster (Post 8365179)
The only car that subaru have made which will just edge a std 360 is a Impreza Litchfield Type 25 :notworthy
All the BEST
Cheers

Subaru didnt make the Type 25!!! Litchfields did!!!:D

Mobbster 21 December 2008 06:18 PM

I know that :luxhello:
But you can call that a std special edition ;)
No difference to the FQ series Ralliart do really.
I said that as the next quickest was a 22B and even with its weight advantage its still 33 ish bhp down when total power to weight is calculated :thumb:
All the BEST
Cheers

trackcar si 21 December 2008 11:34 PM

evo fq360

its easy to sit there and type things on your pc but ive done all the thing you wish you had and no the things you wish you did as the type 25 proves .
and the 22b would waste an evo fq360 and so would a type 20 but as subaru didnt make it ill leave it out.
and if your so in to evos why are you on a subaru site !
you can sit and talk all you like but you make your self look silly with all the smilies and pis takes if you love evos so much as i said mlr is for you all other cars are slow on there .
thanks you and good night

Dark Blue Mark 22 December 2008 12:08 AM

This is simple, and mobbster has already said it.

The Evo delivers it's power in a very linear way, like an NA car, so it doesn't feel as fast.

An Impreza delivers its power in a big surge so it feels quicker than it is.

Prefer the drive of the Subaru, and the image of the Evo personally :)

I've owned both :)

trackcar si 22 December 2008 12:15 AM

evo

yer your not wrong did think of a evo 4-5 as a track car but i think you still get more for your money with subaru.

Matteeboy 22 December 2008 11:28 AM

Can't see any evidence of a 22B being quicker than an FQ360...

Mobbster 22 December 2008 05:08 PM

trackcar si
Let me recap i have an RB and love it but you are wrong as
Dark blue mark said what i said about power delivery &
Matteeboy has said the same as i have ;)
Subaru have NOT made a car that is quicker as std than an IX360MR that is fact. But litchfield have in the type 25 which i said they did :hjtwofing
LOOK in any car magazine or reports and post the figures up trackcar si.
See who looks stupid .
Also post up what race series you have taken part in im all ears !!!!
Talk about a key board warrior talking sh1te :cuckoo: Now thats something you are good at ! (you joker)
I like the scoobie & the Evo they are both different cars but both good in different areas.
Just stick to the facts thats all i have.
Oh and before you post up what you have raced in the Bumper cars at the local fair does not count.
All the BEST
Cheers

TOMMY_TURBO 22 December 2008 05:21 PM

i used to love evos but my m8 had a evo 8 fq 330 blow 2 cluches then he bought a evo 8 fq 340 mr edition that blow 3 clutches in just over a year each clutch was a race clutch witch cost £2000 each fitted that put me off evos thats why i bought a scooby now he has the evo 10 fq 360 no probs with that clutch yet

bluerigster 22 December 2008 11:55 PM

The techincal differences between the Impreza and the Evolution has never been bigger and the FQ360 is quicker than any Impreza ever made by Subaru. I've been lucky enough to drive my friends Evo 8 MR running 380 BHP and the Evo's handling is far superior to the Impreza. The steering response is like your driving a car half it's weight with vertually no understeer, the AYC enables the car to adjust it's steering angle so your always heading towards the apex of the corner with very little correction required from the driver except the confidence to keep your foot on throttle.
Mitsubishi are making the better handling and more powerful car in the version of the FQ360 when comparing against the cars Subaru have on offer.
But the Subaru Impreza is still a quality car it just seems Subaru are making a less hardcore and more user friendly car with less costly service intervals to appeal to a wider range of customers. In the end the manufacture who sells the most cars wins.

Terminator X 23 December 2008 12:00 AM

^^ Evo Mag aren't a big fan of the new Evos ...

TX.

madisonmonkey 23 December 2008 07:29 AM

Not wishing to stir :D but Mobbster/bluerigster, have either of you tried a spec C?
The cars that Subaru UK sells are by no means the best cars Subaru make......