ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   another one on ebay (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/730567-another-one-on-ebay.html)

andyseston 09 December 2008 01:19 PM

another one on ebay

another mcrae print on ebay. i would of loved to get hold of one of these when they went on sale but to slow but i wont pay these prices.

think everyone wants to make a quick buck.

COLIN MCRAE GATHERING WORLD RECORD MOSAIC PHOTO on eBay, also, Rally, Motor Sport Memorabilia, Sports Memorabilia (end time 14-Dec-08 18:40:37 GMT)

Fantom 09 December 2008 01:24 PM

Not really sure why anyone would buy one. You could just get the main photo that was posted on here printed professionally and framed for a lot cheaper.

DaveBeck 09 December 2008 01:28 PM

as above, get the feeling nothing will be donated like the rest

RA Dunk 09 December 2008 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 8334214)
Not really sure why anyone would buy one. You could just get the main photo that was posted on here printed professionally and framed for a lot cheaper.

err charity? :brickwall

fivetide 09 December 2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ (Post 8334233)
err charity? :brickwall

Not a chance. Another liar, i'd put a pound on it.

Sad really.

5t.

Connor_scotland 09 December 2008 02:38 PM

i dont see the whole fuss about the people selling them

They paid the money that was asked for it so they can do what they like with it.

Its the same as people that buy art etc they pay little for it an make a HUGE profit on it

Also people do buy "limited edition" prints etc to make money on them

I personally wouldnt sell mine if i got the chance to get one

PantsUK 09 December 2008 05:42 PM

At least this guy openly states how much is going to charity... better than the I will be giving "some" to charity listings.

JonnyUK1980 09 December 2008 08:00 PM

Has there been more than one so far?

It's a bit of a grey area i think. I get mine back from the framers this coming Saturday and certainly wouldn't part with it. I think greed is getting the better of some people now that we know they go for £350+ i certainly wouldn't be surprised if a few more popped up on ebay nearer xmas time!

scoobynutta555 09 December 2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8334410)
i dont see the whole fuss about the people selling them

They paid the money that was asked for it so they can do what they like with it.

Its the same as people that buy art etc they pay little for it an make a HUGE profit on it

Also people do buy "limited edition" prints etc to make money on them

I personally wouldnt sell mine if i got the chance to get one

Ditto. I don't have one of these, but I do have a painting (not a print) of him driving a WRC car with his signature on it (not a print, actual signature). Unsure as to its worth. But one day if I do decide I don't want some numpty having a go at me about profiteering etc and telling me to donate money to charity.

From what I can see with these prints the charity donation was made when the picture was bought. Any profit lies with the keeper, as does the matter of any further charitable donations.