ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   picked this up on weekend (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/730463-picked-this-up-on-weekend.html)

mart sti v3 08 December 2008 09:14 PM

picked this up on weekend

drives loveley wondering if im stupid but side lights!!!!! where are they?? back lights come on but i cant work out where the front ones are????? 2 bulbs in front headlights and full beam, cant work this out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mace/001-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...inmace/003.jpg

G.Mac 08 December 2008 09:25 PM

nice looking car you have there

jono300 08 December 2008 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by G.Mac (Post 8332952)
nice looking car you have there

Loose the graphics and it could look even nicer !!

1copperhead 08 December 2008 10:30 PM

sidelights is the switch on top of the steering colum :thumb:

wiley 08 December 2008 10:32 PM

welcome to scoobynet!!!

lovely looking car you have

wiley

mart sti v3 08 December 2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1copperhead (Post 8333186)

just tried that but still nowt on the front?? where are they supposed to be located on front?? which side of bottom 2 or neither of them??

vindaloo 09 December 2008 01:20 AM

Looks like a Morette conversion to me.

Sidelights should be inside the dipped beam or combined unit. Check the wiring to the back of the lights, count the connectors and see if you can find which connectors/bulb holders are for the sidelights.

Once you've got that sussed, you can check the bulbs or try a multimeter to see where problems may lie.

J.

Paulo P 09 December 2008 03:07 PM

They look like uk300 headlights to me and they are great lights for a classic :) I guess either the bulbs are blown or they haven't been fitted correctly :wonder:

L.J.F 09 December 2008 06:15 PM

nice looking car, i personally think the stickers do it no justice.

M444GY 09 December 2008 08:46 PM

looks nice mate

s70rjw 09 December 2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1copperhead (Post 8333186)

Only when the ignition is switched off.

Steve_PPP 09 December 2008 09:47 PM

they're not morette headlamps, they are more like the uk300 lights, but not quite - it looks like the small indicator lamp has been removed and the surface smoothed over.... strange.....

mbayley77 09 December 2008 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw (Post 8335586)
Only when the ignition is switched off.

yes - these are parking lamps as the Subaru's kill the lighting with the ignition!

stigaz 09 December 2008 10:00 PM

could it be a blown fuse?

nice motor btw

mart sti v3 09 December 2008 10:24 PM

going to have a look tomorrow as im off work for a while i think! going to have a look for a nice new set of 18,s aswell and get it lowered.

rbaz 10 December 2008 08:43 AM

I take it by your user name you had a V3 STI as I do.
How does it compare to that?
I am thinking of a bug or blob if I can stretch the cash but didn’t want to be disappointed with a newer one.

mart sti v3 10 December 2008 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8336405)
I take it by your user name you had a V3 STI as I do.
How does it compare to that?
I am thinking of a bug or blob if I can stretch the cash but didn’t want to be disappointed with a newer one.

well its not as rapid as the sti but i am not dissapointed by any means, its nothing a few upgrades cant sort. its had a few mods allready, it certainly goes better than a standard wrx and i am very happy with my dercision to go from my v3 to this.

dazdavies 10 December 2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer (Post 8334468)
They look like uk300 headlights to me and they are great lights for a classic :) I guess either the bulbs are blown or they haven't been fitted correctly :wonder:

Sorry for stating the obvious but that is NOT a classic :)

swifty.....! 10 December 2008 09:37 AM

the side lights are in the top section next to the indicator and yours look to be tinted might be the problem?

TurboAndy 10 December 2008 10:40 AM

Like others have said you have UK300 headlights fitted to bugeye.

They look to of been modded, above the head lights there should of been an indicator.

As for your side lights, have a look, looking at the front of the head light at the inner of the 2 lights, you should see the bulbs.
In the middle of that light you have the big bulb which is your main beam and at the bottom of the light you should see a tiny little bulb which is your side light.

When you switch your lights on so they are on dip, are the 2 inner light (next to the grill) lit at all?

If still nothing, check your fuses. They are located below and to the right of the steering colum, its a square cubby hole that you have to pull out and then remove to get too. if they are ok check the ones in the engine bay, they are located above the battery. i carnt remember where the fuse is located, its in one of those 2 places. when you find the fuse and if its ok check the bulbs.

You can get the bulb out with out having to remove the head lamp but it ant easy.

To clear one think up, the switch on to of the steering colum is your parking lights, as when you switch off the ignition it switches off your lights.

Hope this helps.

Andy

TurboAndy 10 December 2008 10:45 AM

just noticed you have a blob eye rear bumper and lights.

I take it, its has not had any rear end damage or did the last owner just fancy a change.

Paulo P 10 December 2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 8336437)
Sorry for stating the obvious but that is NOT a classic :)

Whoops I meant to say bugeye :o My mind must have been elsewhere :lol1:

rbaz 10 December 2008 12:28 PM

Didnt realise it wasnt an STI.
I am wanting to compare Classic STI to Newage STI maybe with PPP I cant do without all the power ;)

mart sti v3 10 December 2008 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by TurboAndy (Post 8336652)
just noticed you have a blob eye rear bumper and lights.

I take it, its has not had any rear end damage or did the last owner just fancy a change.

didnt notice myself as im not really up to scratch with these models,, had a good look and no signs of damage.

as for the side lights , indicators are there but next to them is nothing no holes for side lights or anythging, found the side light bulb carriers taped up and there is nowhere for them to go????? now im bloody confused???/

Midlife...... 10 December 2008 01:13 PM

This is what the UK 300 headlights *should* look like :D

http://www.northursalia.com/techdocs/hlights/uk300.jpg

It seems someone has modded them somewhat........ I seem to recognise it, did it belong to "V5 man" from here.

Shaun

TurboAndy 10 December 2008 01:22 PM

Oh right, thats bloody strange.

I have UK300 lights on my Bug.

If you look at the passenger side head light, the outer lens (nearest the wing) is your Dip and the one on the left (nearest the grill) is Sidlight and Main Beam.

The only thing i can think of is that eather some one had modded these lights so they dont run side lights, Why i dont know.

Or thay are a copy of the UK300 lights which would exsplain why you dont have an indicator in them.

This is a UK300 head light:http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...007_medium.jpg

As you can see from the pic this is the drivers side and the lens on the right which shows a small glowing light which is your side light.

If there is no hole in yours you will have to remove the head lighs and drill a small hole to accept the side light carrier.

If you want to know how to do this let me know and ill take you though how to remove them.

Andy

TurboAndy 12 December 2008 05:10 PM

Any luck m8