ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How Can I Make My Turbo Louder ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/73039-how-can-i-make-my-turbo-louder.html)

Terzo 333 17 February 2002 10:25 PM

So far I've got a full HKS exhaust, and the turbo definately sounds louder, however, I would like to here it more. I heard a Nissan GTI and you could REALLY here the turbo spinning up when he floored it.

So basically, are there any mods I could do to here it more ? Also have a dump valve, but would an induction kit help ? If so which should I go for ?

Thanks for any replies.

RON 17 February 2002 10:30 PM

Fit a microphone under the bonnet, and have it linked to a pair of earphones, that way only you can hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sieze 17 February 2002 10:36 PM

Remove the soundproofing between the engine bay and passanger compartment?

imatrukahs 17 February 2002 11:29 PM

Dump it...and buy a Cossie ;)

SCOOBERATORS 18 February 2002 07:48 AM

LOL Ron :) :) :) :)

Hanslow 18 February 2002 08:44 AM

Induction kit or removal of your resonator box will allow you to Max it with the rest of the boys ;)_

chiark 18 February 2002 08:46 AM

Biggest change will be induction kit, as that gets rid of all the nasty sound deadening on the inlet path. "suck...whoosh" is sort of what it sounds like.

Erm. Yes.

A dump valve sounds fairly good too, but myths abound about what fitting a dump to atmosphere one will do to your engine, fuel consumption, health, fertility, ... Personally, I haven't felt the need to fit a dump to atmosphere DV with the K&N induction kit.

BOB.T 18 February 2002 08:56 AM

just disconnect the oil supply to it.... you'll hear it then, ok maybe not for right long:rolleyes::D:D:D

juan 18 February 2002 09:19 AM

just turn the volume up

lpitt 18 February 2002 10:06 AM

I fitted an HKS Induction kit to mine. If I changed gear 'hard' enough people would look round from the pavement :)

Laurence

webmaster2 18 February 2002 10:42 AM

good trick is to make a hole in your exhaust!:rolleyes: But remember to patch it up when it comes to its MOT! ;)

:D
wb
:cool:

[Edited by webmaster2 - 2/18/2002 10:43:34 AM]

juan 18 February 2002 11:19 AM

adding blitz induction kit to evo made the world of difference. beautiful whistling and whooshing sounds, even with standard dump valve. Induction kit is what you need if you don't have already to really hear the turbo

Dunno bout just looking from the pavement, people would hear it sucking air in from 50-100yrds. Fujitsubo exhaust helped. Was a beauty. Not too loud under 3-4K revs but after that wheheeey. Pity any poor peeps in the back seat

rayman 18 February 2002 12:36 PM

Fit GGR Induction kit, standard recirc dump, group N downpipes, take the heat shield of turbo.

The turbo should scream its t*ts off. Mine sounds like a ferret on steriods sucking on refresher.

Good for attracted attention. thats not the ferret by the way!!