ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tonight's Top Gear [or equivalant ;) ] (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/730225-tonights-top-gear-or-equivalant.html)

HankScorpio 07 December 2008 08:32 PM

Tonight's Top Gear [or equivalant ;) ]

Wish all those middle aged munters would stop screaming when the boys are talking.

Talk about ignorant :rolleyes:

(Sorry, would usually comment on TG but watching TT instead so had to comment on that :D)

Timwinner 07 December 2008 08:39 PM

Its ok, I am having to watch it too, But the end is in sight. Just got to battle through another 15 minutes.
Hang in there.

DCI Gene Hunt 07 December 2008 08:43 PM

I'm also suffering TT...... I don't know how much longer I can hold out!!! LOL

dazdavies 07 December 2008 08:48 PM

Fortunately my girlfriend does as she's told! :D

(not strictly true but I am lucky that she's a petrol head too)

Flaps 07 December 2008 08:58 PM

You're not missing much, it's poor tonight. I'm allowing the wife to flick over to watch Strictly.
I do think the other episodes have been good though this series.

kingofturds 07 December 2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 8330239)
You're not missing much, it's poor tonight. I'm allowing the wife to flick over to watch Strictly.
I do think the other episodes have been good though this series.

Guns helicopters. automatic weapons being fired out of a fiesta:eek: are you sure you are not gay:D

filfy 07 December 2008 09:09 PM

the testing of the fiesta was fantastic:thumb:

Flaps 07 December 2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 8330255)
are you sure you are not gay:D

I'm not but my boyfriend might be :lol1:

filfy 07 December 2008 09:19 PM

Is it me or do you think top gear is being secretly sponsored by the military over the last few seasons:wonder: I'm not complaining as it makes great tv:notworthy

Petem95 07 December 2008 09:24 PM

They let that Fiesta out into pretty deep water there!

I hope they do one of their European races again this series - those are always quality!"

Dan Gleebits 07 December 2008 09:24 PM

Missus is down at her mums, so ive watched TG while her stuff is being 'plus'd'... now watching Louis therron (sp) .. Jo'Berg .. man what a place:eek:

ScoobLou 07 December 2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Gleebits (Post 8330314)
Missus is down at her mums, so ive watched TG while her stuff is being 'plus'd'... now watching Louis therron (sp) .. Jo'Berg .. man what a place:eek:

Evening:luvlove: :D

unclebuck 07 December 2008 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by filfy (Post 8330273)
the testing of the fiesta was fantastic:thumb:

Seconded!! :thumb:

as was Boris/Clarkson :lol1:

Jamz3k 07 December 2008 09:30 PM

i have slated TopGear heavily this season as i thought its been pretty rubbish but tonights episode is probably the best i've ever watched. Really enjoyed it!:thumb:

Kieran_Burns 07 December 2008 09:44 PM

being a cyclist I was cheering for Boris when he came out with the comment about not intimidating the vulnerable road user, like cyclists :D

He's going to get a slating over the lorry driver comment though. There is some truth in what he said, but there are cyclists that can be to blame as well. Still it was VERY good to have the debate kicked off so publicly like that!

LG John 07 December 2008 09:48 PM

Fecking virgin box didn't record it all. What happened after the Fiesta drove onto the beach and the guy got out to go shoot stuff as it stopped there for me. Was there any more banter, cars, etc?

Kieran_Burns 07 December 2008 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8330403)
Fecking virgin box didn't record it all. What happened after the Fiesta drove onto the beach and the guy got out to go shoot stuff as it stopped there for me. Was there any more banter, cars, etc?

Yup. Naked chicks draped over the bonnet, the works :D

staffs Mike 07 December 2008 09:58 PM

lol.

Nah they just went back to the studio and it ended. Dave will cut that bit off..

Hated the car but loved the review lol

daddyscoob 07 December 2008 09:59 PM

funny as f**k as always. And a serious test drive also :lol1:

DCI Gene Hunt 07 December 2008 10:17 PM

Repeated next Wednesday 7pm BBC2 :thumb:

fatherpierre 07 December 2008 11:12 PM

A decent one, again - as was last week's.

Although it seemed to be lacking James May - he was in it but he said very little!

I thought BJ was his usual wanker self too.

dpb 07 December 2008 11:16 PM

I knew i was right to go for a hillman avenger rather than a marina :D

Dan Gleebits 07 December 2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 8330328)
Evening:luvlove: :D

:D :luvlove:

Removed. 08 December 2008 12:31 AM

As one of the regular "Anti's" I have to say, like last week, I did actually watch it and enjoy it. My dad was a salesman for the local BL dealer in the Marina/Allegro era, it bought back memories. A friend of mine had a Lada Niva 4x4, and although it wasn't exactly reliable, it was almost indestructible.

ALi-B 08 December 2008 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8330403)

Same here, well p*ssed off

What is it with BBC2 not running to schedule??

Kieran_Burns 08 December 2008 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 8330755)
Same here, well p*ssed off

What is it with BBC2 not running to schedule??

Next week it's on at 9, so don't forget to change your record time (Sky+ sorts it out for you of course ;) )

spider 08 December 2008 09:19 AM

Loved it - I was chuckling away like a fool for some time after the Marine beach assault! Thought they were going to drown the Fiesta when it went down the ramp of the LCVP :D

And LMAO at Boris forgetting Hammond's name "you know, the little one over there" LOL :)

SPG 08 December 2008 09:40 AM

I felt sorry for the previous owner of the Morris Marina, it was mint! and just to be pointlessly trashed like that must have brought tears to thier eyes!

dpb 08 December 2008 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SPG (Post 8330967)
I felt sorry for the previous owner of the Morris Marina, it was mint! and just to be pointlessly trashed like that must have brought tears to thier eyes!

:lol1:

dpb 08 December 2008 09:47 AM

Youve not got one of those splendid allegros hidden away at the back your garage i suppose ? :Suspiciou