ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Congestion charge (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/730051-congestion-charge.html)

bob r 06 December 2008 10:59 PM

Congestion charge

I've not had any documentation through yet for the vote.
Anyone else in the same boat?

51st state 06 December 2008 11:27 PM

yep had the bullsh1t through :thumb:

just put the "X" in the "NO" section, don't bother reading it, just put any X's in any "NO" boxes :thumb:

corradoboy 06 December 2008 11:30 PM

What's the betting that they'll all end up in the 'spoilt paper' bin and it will be voted in with an astounding majority of public support :rolleyes:

pete higham 07 December 2008 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 8328726)
What's the betting that they'll all end up in the 'spoilt paper' bin and it will be voted in with an astounding majority of public support :rolleyes:

that spoilt paper bin would have to be fcukin huuuggee :lol1:

moneys 07 December 2008 09:05 AM

ive voted YES, superb idea if you ask me:lol1:

scoobyverysoon 07 December 2008 08:31 PM

I never vote for anything but ive voted a big no for this:mad:

moneys 07 December 2008 08:53 PM

tell ya what though, id pay £50 to get out of the place:lol1:

Coolasice 07 December 2008 09:06 PM

it will be going ahead anyway what ever you vote,goverment for you Greedy tw**S

my vote = in the bin its not law to vote

speedymonkey 08 December 2008 12:17 AM

After wiping my arse on it, leaving a big skid in the NO box, i sent it back, robbing MOFO's, this is the city i was born in and i should be able to drive round in it any time i want, when i want :hjtwofing :mad:

Even tho everyone i know says the same thing, you just know the snakey feckers will bring it in anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :razz:

Robbing, thieving scumbags :mad: :mad: :mad:

paulthejambo 08 December 2008 11:58 AM

The missus and I have both voted NO too. I can't see it making a bit of difference though. :mad:

I agree with Ric, they'll probably go "Oh well, never mind, lets just go ahead anyway". :rolleyes:

scoobyverysoon 08 December 2008 01:38 PM

Agree I think we will win with the no vote then 6 months later it will be forced upon us anyway - they could at least do the C zone the same as london and not the sodding whole of tameside :mad: city centre only IMO

bob r 08 December 2008 04:02 PM

Well I emailed the voting dept on Saturday and they replied today saying I have to go in person to M/cr town hall to collect the relevant docs.

This is bullsh!t as me/wife should have had the packs through, we have filled in the electorsal register this year so no excuses.

Perhaps its another local government ploy to tamper with the voting.
Let's face it......all the recent road works leading into/out of the city centre causing further rush hour congestion and new bus lanes must certainly sway some opinions [not mine]

I bet all the OAP's and students got their packs through!

scoobyverysoon 08 December 2008 04:10 PM

yep - my wifes friends mother voted yes and when asked why, she said she didnt understand it all and just put yes :wonder:

:mad: why fookin vote then :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Coolasice 11 December 2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 8331868)
yep - my wifes friends mother voted yes and when asked why, she said she didnt understand it all and just put yes :wonder:

:mad: why fookin vote then :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Deffo a blonde moment there

corradoboy 11 December 2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 8331852)
Perhaps its another local government ploy to tamper with the voting.
Let's face it......all the recent road works leading into/out of the city centre causing further rush hour congestion and new bus lanes must certainly sway some opinions [not mine]

Social conditioning ;)

pete higham 11 December 2008 07:39 PM

hhmmm you might be right as the traffic outside my house in the last 2/3 weeks has gone silly :rolleyes:

pete higham 11 December 2008 07:40 PM

the thing is i dont even live in manchester and im gonna have to pay there charges :lol1:

corradoboy 11 December 2008 07:53 PM

Leeds is gearing up for it too. Over the last 12 months we've seen most bus stops on major routes modified so that the buses have to stop the traffic rather than conveniently move to the roadside, along with pedestrian reservations placed to remove any opportunity of passing a stationary bus. Last week when we had 2" of snow, the whole city was gridlocked until midday as buses couldn't get up or down any hills and no cars could get past them. Did we vote for this to be done ? NO ! We fahooking didn't you pillocks :razz:

scoobyverysoon 11 December 2008 10:01 PM

:lol1:

boiledshrimpnbutter 12 December 2008 01:28 PM

VICTORY

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:
:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

speedymonkey 12 December 2008 01:34 PM

"The Greater Manchester scheme was rejected in all 10 boroughs involved in the referendum, in which more than 1,033,000 people voted, a turnout of 53.2%."

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

but for how long:(

bob r 12 December 2008 04:33 PM

:hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Fantastic.

Why do I feel I have won something.:thumb:

pete higham 12 December 2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 8342730)
:hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Fantastic.

Why do I feel I have won something.:thumb:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

i felt the same when i heard it on the radio :thumb:

scoobyverysoon 12 December 2008 05:04 PM

Cracking news bet the look on the yes voters was priceless :lol1: I didnt expect a 10/10 witewash though :luxhello:

its similer to City trying to win a game -

FOOKIN NO CHANCE

andywiddss1 13 December 2008 12:32 PM

it had to be a no vote

thank god i drive a van for a living and charging up to 25 quid a week to drive in and a round manchester would not have done the company i work for any good at all as we have 10 vans

c-o-l-e 13 December 2008 02:06 PM

HAA HAA *Nelson Laugh*

Great to see Manchester's charge has got the up yours treatment.