ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anybody been to los Cristianos , Tenerife (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/730005-anybody-been-to-los-cristianos-tenerife.html)

j4ckos mate 06 December 2008 07:45 PM

Anybody been to los Cristianos , Tenerife

did you see the ferries?

one has run aground

Picasa Web Albums - Cyberhiker - Ferry

dpb 06 December 2008 07:59 PM

well at least she doesnt have a dirty bottom :D

340BHP-WRX 06 December 2008 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8328248)
did you see the ferries?

one has run aground

Picasa Web Albums - Cyberhiker - Ferry

Seen that Ferry quite a few times while in Tenerife,the noise it made was quite distinctive !

NotoriousREV 07 December 2008 08:28 AM

Poor Fred!

It looks as though it lost power as it was entering the harbour and then got washed up on the beach. It's quite a popular spot for smaller boats getting washed up there, there was a yacht there for a while that had been carrying illegal immigrants originally stolen from Marina Del Ray in California!

I'll ask my mum what the story was, she lives over there.

j4ckos mate 09 December 2008 12:48 PM

Yes i will find out of our guys at the airport,
did it damage it?
do you know, i bet the people playing crazy golf got the shock of their lives.

LG John 09 December 2008 01:36 PM

Is that the one that runs from Tenerife to Grand Canaria? If so I've seen it from the GC end :)

NotoriousREV 09 December 2008 01:51 PM

That one goes to La Gomera, IIRC the Gran Canaria one goes from Santa Cruz

Buzzer 09 December 2008 03:46 PM

Aaaaah La Gomera, smokers paradise :D

scoobyvirgin 09 December 2008 04:10 PM

The Fred Olsen Bonanza Express transporting 172 passengers from La Gomera to Los Christianos harbour ran aground on the beach of Los Tarajales last night. 03/12

Passengers, and eye witnesses on the shore described hearing a loud bang just after 8pm as the ferry struck the rocks, the vibrations from the impact were felt 500 yards away.

The ferry’s second engine developed reversing problems during the docking procedure and the first engine had already broken down.

The 95m long catamaran had been operating since 1999 and was the first of the company’s high-speed wave piercing catamarans with a top speed of 38 knots (more than 70kmh) and capable of carrying a maximum of 800 passengers and 235 cars. She covers the route between Valverde in El Hierro, La Gomera and Los Cristianos.

All passengers and 16 crew were taken off the stricken ferry just after 9pm by two Marine rescue craft and a Guardia Civil patrol boat, which ferried everyone to shore. There were no reported injuries though two were found to be illegal immigrants and will be deported.

A large oil slick developed around the boat and was quickly contained by a floating barrier.

A full investigation into the cause of the accident has been launched.