ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   clutch judder 'help' (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/729602-clutch-judder-help.html)

George_goring0913 04 December 2008 10:10 PM

clutch judder 'help'

Hi,
I fitted a new exedy uprated clutch about 3 months ago, been fine till i did a track day 2 weeks ago and since then i get mega judder after driving for a wile. think its when it get hot as it comes and goes.
The fly wheel was fine when clutch was changed,
Anyone got any ideas as its very anoying???
Thanks for your help.

99greenwagon 04 December 2008 10:25 PM

sounds like flywheel aint fine anymore.ive heard that juddering comes from flywheel.

Connor_scotland 04 December 2008 10:29 PM

is this just when you pull away from a stand still

sparky d 04 December 2008 10:38 PM

Mat e i have the same problem , been looking into it for a week or so now , and it seems we may well have blistered flywheels ,i've read it on a couple of posts on here and it sounds just like you described it , i think you can warp/blister the face/metal front surface and this can cause the judder .
I may well have got some of this wrong but i'm sure someone will confirm the above .

i have the same clutch and my flywheel was fine so didnt get it changed , (just to save the cash) wish i had've now though ,
The only question is , is it potentially dangerous and could i cause any majour issues with the gearbox and clutch itself , apart from being damn annoying

hth

Dave

Mrchips 04 December 2008 10:55 PM

Try a couple of launches, sometimes this helps as the clutch gets a build up on it, just needs a clean. I had this problem, more from stand still, but worth a try.

Connor_scotland 04 December 2008 11:02 PM

Right my car had a new clutch about 7 months ago an it used to have a quite bad judder. Got advised to do a few launches from 4k

An it cleared it up. I was also told its because the flywheel was not skimmed ( they could of be wrong) just going on what i have been told

Few launches an mine is sorted :-)

sparky d 04 December 2008 11:20 PM

i've given the launch thing a right good go , probably done it five or six times now but still not made much difference , best start looking into flywheel then :freak3:

Connor_scotland 04 December 2008 11:28 PM

Check my old thread out

Taking off - .:ImprezaSport.net Forums:.

George_goring0913 05 December 2008 07:54 PM

so so annoying, yeah car seems to drive fine from cold and then when i have a bit of a go and get all warmed up the dreaded judder starts. only when pulling away from stand still, its makes the hole car judder from bumper to bumper.

Connor_scotland 05 December 2008 08:51 PM

yea thats what mine used to do until i hammered it on some takeoffs haha

-ant- 05 December 2008 09:21 PM

mine was like that to every so often i had to full throttle it off the line but since i had it replaced and the flywheel skimmed its never done it since.

scoobyc 05 December 2008 10:59 PM

Another vote for the occasional rally start. Seems to have sorted mine out.

flashgordon666 06 December 2008 01:15 PM

Have a look on ebay £200ish quid. Does it happen at any prosis point, I had a very bad judder and was told it was the over petrol fuel cut out. But since then ive changed my clutch and its great!