ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/)
-   -   A fresh beginning in a brave new world. (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/729009-a-fresh-beginning-in-a-brave-new-world.html)

Evolution Stu 02 December 2008 12:20 AM

A fresh beginning in a brave new world.

As you all know, i have made some extensive changes to the infraction system since i started and have introduced my own system that some will love, some will hate but i feel the new system will work well if it is operated in the spirit i intend. However... One of the primary reasons i didn't like the original system is that people were anonymous when infracting, and whilst i fully understood and agree that it was the only way that particular system would work, It doesn't help the way i want to run mine as I need every mod who infracts to be accountable for their actions.

Now, to disable the feature that hid the infractors identity from all but the web team so that you can see who infracts you, I would need to leave all old infractions visible, and we have already proven during a recent malfunction that this method wont work on Sn so i have made a decision and the fix is now in place... You are ALL infraction free. Enjoy it, and keep it that way.

GC8 02 December 2008 12:26 AM

Stu, I think I love you.

speye91 02 December 2008 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8316656)
Stu, I think I love you.

That's taking it a bit far....:luxhello: :luxhello: :thumb:

tath 02 December 2008 12:40 AM

That'll have reduced your backup time anyway lol

dave247 02 December 2008 12:42 AM

does that mean Ps lewis is unbanned

AsifScoob 02 December 2008 12:43 AM

Wow! That is a serious change.

People won't know what to do with themselves!

Asif

phil_wrx 02 December 2008 02:21 AM

infractathon :D i was annoyed as it took me over 2 years to get enough posts to get the priveledge of infractions only for them to be snatched away :(

SwissTony 02 December 2008 07:28 AM

Whopppeee do : :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Now Suresh is going to be most upset that all his hard work has gone to waste :lol1:

Nice work there Stu, a brave decision :thumb:

Terminator X 02 December 2008 08:46 AM

Stu seems to be moving SN in the right direction, well done!

TX.

Phil 02 December 2008 10:16 AM

So if we now receive an infraction it will be from a mod or admin and that person will be shown is that correct?

Evolution Stu 02 December 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by phil (Post 8317009)
So if we now receive an infraction it will be from a mod or admin and that person will be shown is that correct?

Correct.

spireite 02 December 2008 01:30 PM

This seems a lot better , as the post count gone up significantly since the old system was binned :thumb:

Removed. 02 December 2008 06:01 PM

Stu, a brave, and in my opinion, correct thing to do. The old system was so contentious, that leaving the old history behind, whilst bringing in a new system, would of left a bad taste for many. I hope that the infractors and infractees can finally let bygones be bygones and we can start to have some fun, helpful, constructive threads, but also be able to speak our minds, without fear of the more overzealous button pushers.:beer:

PaulC72 02 December 2008 06:20 PM

Nice move Stu, startt afresh imo is the only way to do things especially if the old system wasn't what you wanted.

SunnySideUp 04 December 2008 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8316648)
You are ALL infraction free. Enjoy it, and keep it that way.

BUM!!

I thought it was 'just' me - as a reward for being so good ;)

Good, wise, move ..... Infractions given will have the name of the Mod/Admin issueing it - very fair IMO.

If an opinion is expressed, which may go against others (the majority or minority) opinion, that's not Trolling, is it? Only if the views are extreme, racist, sexist, etc.?

DJ Dunk 05 December 2008 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 8323941)
If an opinion is expressed, which may go against others (the majority or minority) opinion, that's not Trolling, is it?

Absolutely not IMO. Repeated posts deemed soley to attract a particularly strong response, of course, would be classed as trolling :)

Bravo2zero_sps 06 December 2008 12:15 PM

I'm another one pleased with this change and think it's a really positive move.

Nat 08 December 2008 10:28 AM

Good stuff :thumb:

Jay m A 08 December 2008 11:43 AM

I think those of us that never received infractions feel hard done by! Perhaps we should be given some infraction vetos to compensate ;)

StickyMicky 08 December 2008 01:29 PM

sweet, :D

yeah you get a pm from the mod responsible as i have already had one :D

although it was just a test and was removed afterwards :D

kingofturds 08 December 2008 02:18 PM

Excellent move:)

TelBoy 08 December 2008 02:30 PM

Great to see a line being drawn for infractions, now how about the permanent bans for Karl_227 and Onan the Barbarian?

Are you scared to unban them Stu on account of not being familiar with the personalities or are there other factors? I'd really appreciate your polite reply, thanks.

Evolution Stu 08 December 2008 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8331590)
Are you scared to unban them Stu on account of not being familiar with the personalities or are there other factors? I'd really appreciate your polite reply, thanks.

I haven't unbanned anyone and the question of lifting bans has been covered umpteen times in the policy forum. baned members are way down the list of priorities right now but will be addressed in due course. neither of those members have approached me with any problems so i presume they are happy as they are anyway as surely these members should be asking in person.

For future reference, If anyone wishes to discuss issues aside from the correct one this topic was started for, please do it in the policies forum.

dpb 08 December 2008 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 8324627)
Absolutely not IMO. Repeated posts deemed soley to attract a particularly strong response, of course, would be classed as trolling :)

Is this someone repeating the same post or someone just repeating posting

- its been a fine line in the past

TelBoy 08 December 2008 02:48 PM

Stu, thanks for the reply. My similar question in Policy remained unanswered, hence i re-posted it here where i assume focus is greater.

For your guide, both users want their accounts unbanned, i assume it's a two minute job. Neither assume they have to ask repeatedly, if that's what you mean by them "not having problems". Your prioritisation of this process really would be appreciated, cheers.

Dan Gleebits 08 December 2008 06:45 PM

*grabs boxing gloves and hockey stick , heads towards the hutch *

:D

mart360 09 December 2008 06:16 PM

Can you name and shame whoever infracted me :D

that way i can rtm, infract ban etc them, that should even the score nicely

Mart :) :D