ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   'Worst' council estate (Newcastle) ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727664-worst-council-estate-newcastle.html)

dpb 26 November 2008 09:43 AM

'Worst' council estate (Newcastle) ?

is there such a thing..?
possibly a totally fatuous statement ...
Gfriend has at last been granted assylum ( journalist for Zim bbc equivalent before it became a mouthpeice for Mugabe - and spent a night inside for her 'views' )
anyway she qualifys for a flat - and apparently may get a choice ...

ronjeramy 26 November 2008 10:03 AM

There's a few bad ones, Benwell I think was where there were riots a few years ago is a bit rough, but it's lime everywhere else there's good and bad parts of most estates

Mitchy260 26 November 2008 11:03 AM

Anything in Glasgow. (Easterhouse, Govan, Pollok)

Its not safe walking to the shops without bumping into a junkie that will put a knife in between your ribs for a fiver.

Absolute sh**hole.

(Opps should have read the O.P, thought you wanted to know where there are rough council estates around the UK)

No idea about Newcastle.

j4ckos mate 26 November 2008 07:16 PM

Surely beggars cant be choosy,
i thought she would be happy anywhere

GC8 26 November 2008 07:25 PM

As worthy as her plight is, I dont accept that she should be housed ahead of existing Newcastle residents.

j4ckos mate 26 November 2008 07:27 PM

Seconded,

speye91 26 November 2008 07:54 PM

Most of the West End of Newcastle is highly Multi-cultural.So more than likley to get re-homed there.That includes Benwell and Scotswood(Where they was Riots about 12 years ago) It's mostly improved but has some Scummy parts aswell.Cowgate,now that is a place i would not want to live.

The East End of Newcastle has Byker and Heaton and Walker.As above they also have the scummy parts.Then there is the Meadowell,which had all the rioting years back,it's improved alot,but again has the scummy parts.

TBH its like everywhere,it has its bad places and alot of good places.Depends on where she gets offered but you take a gamble on every city in the UK just as you would in Newcastle.

I work in and Around Newcastle alot,and know when to be carefull and also not to catious in any of the places mentioned above.

rob878 26 November 2008 07:56 PM

hmm worst council areas in Newcastle, the Meadow Well, Byker Wall, (once home of rat boy) for starters

GC8 26 November 2008 08:01 PM

I quite fancy Byker Wall..... Byker and Heaton are from from the worts areas of the ciry.

pitcha44 26 November 2008 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=GC8;8303103]As worthy as her plight is, I dont accept that she should be housed ahead of existing Newcastle residents.[/QUO

third :brickwall

ive been waiting over 2 years for a council and still no nearer. get her to rent somewere

speye91 26 November 2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8303203)
I quite fancy Byker Wall..... Byker and Heaton are from from the worts areas of the ciry.

Simon,have you been there recently.:Suspiciou :Suspiciou

GC8 26 November 2008 08:29 PM

I bought a kebab closeby on the road from Morrisons up towards Foss Way Mick. That was in June and it looked alright from a distance. Has it gone downhill recently?

nik52wrx 26 November 2008 08:59 PM

Can't she move in with you?

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8301737)
is there such a thing..?
possibly a totally fatuous statement ...
Gfriend has at last been granted assylum ( journalist for Zim bbc equivalent before it became a mouthpeice for Mugabe - and spent a night inside for her 'views' )
anyway she qualifys for a flat - and apparently may get a choice ...

dpb 26 November 2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by speye91 (Post 8303188)
Most of the West End of Newcastle is highly Multi-cultural.So more than likley to get re-homed there.That includes Benwell and Scotswood(Where they was Riots about 12 years ago) It's mostly improved but has some Scummy parts aswell.Cowgate,now that is a place i would not want to live.

The East End of Newcastle has Byker and Heaton and Walker.As above they also have the scummy parts.Then there is the Meadowell,which had all the rioting years back,it's improved alot,but again has the scummy parts.

TBH its like everywhere,it has its bad places and alot of good places.Depends on where she gets offered but you take a gamble on every city in the UK just as you would in Newcastle.

I work in and Around Newcastle alot,and know when to be carefull and also not to catious in any of the places mentioned above.

Believe me she is HAPPY to go anywhere - shes spent the last 7 out of 10 in this country paying london rents. Shes in Howdon now - i guess Meadowell is likley.There is apparently quite a few zim exiles in the city
She could move in with me (370 miles away) - but she wants independence .......

dpb 26 November 2008 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=pitcha44;8303230]

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8303103)
As worthy as her plight is, I dont accept that she should be housed ahead of existing Newcastle residents.[/QUO

third :brickwall

ive been waiting over 2 years for a council and still no nearer. get her to rent somewere

Well i certainly have some sympathy with you - however i dont make the rules

mickywrx 26 November 2008 11:07 PM

From, my own experience, being local and a delivery driver...

Howdon's ok, IMO, better than the Meadow Well. The Meadow Well, for all it's been renovated, still homes the same shit, that was rioting. Not all bad, most likely, but you know how it is. There's always somewhere worse. ;)

As Mick says, the west end, Benwell etc, is largely multi-cultural, read a friggin hole that the scum landlords dont give a toss about; IMO.

Gateshead, good and bad like north of the tyne, places to avoid are the Old Fold and Springwell. Springwell Village is nice, but houses are pricey.

Does she have any choice? What is she after?

Most likely, if she want's to be near, ish, possibly; to to her fellow countryfolk, she'll end up in the West end of town.

Shiremoor has good transport links, not too bad an area. etc.

I could go on, but shall'nt bore you.

speye91 26 November 2008 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8303745)
Believe me she is HAPPY to go anywhere - shes spent the last 7 out of 10 in this country paying london rents. Shes in Howdon now - i guess Meadowell is likley.There is apparently quite a few zim exiles in the city

Howden,thats where the latest double stabbing has just happened.TBH I see the good sides and the bad sides to all places.

Simon,whe Byker wall has gone down a bit in the last few years,worked there last week,and i was a bit worried.

dpb 26 November 2008 11:14 PM

Double stabbing..!

The chinese couple ?

mickywrx 26 November 2008 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by speye91 (Post 8303823)
Howden,thats where the latest double stabbing has just happened.TBH I see the good sides and the bad sides to all places.

Simon,whe Byker wall has gone down a bit in the last few years,worked there last week,and i was a bit worried.

Mick, one of our drivers wouldn't deliver in the Wall full stop.

fatherpierre 26 November 2008 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8303745)

370 miles is some independence:lol1:

Maybe she's trying to tell you something?

If she's been paying rents at London rates, surely she can afford to rent in Newcastle and not deprive someone more needy of a home?

dpb 26 November 2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8303830)

If she's been paying rents at London rates, surely she can afford to rent in Newcastle and not deprive someone more needy of a home?

All sound questions - i dont have any answers

She does care work now of course not exactley whats shes trained for

mickywrx 26 November 2008 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8303827)
Double stabbing..!

The chinese couple ?

Nope that was in the West End.

mickywrx 26 November 2008 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8303830)

Have you nothing of use to say? :rolleyes:

If you've nowt helpful to say, shut your damn mouth.

fatherpierre 26 November 2008 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8303855)
Have you nothing of use to say? :rolleyes:

If you've nowt helpful to say, shut your damn mouth.

Who rattled your cage? He answered my post nicely and you butting in with your usual crap makes you look the fool you usually prove yourself to be.

I asked him a couple of valid questions. I asked you nothing :hjtwofing

Edited to fit a different idiot.

GC8 26 November 2008 11:38 PM

This'd be an infractothon wouldnt it?

dpb 26 November 2008 11:41 PM

Ive only had the fourcans myself :)

- thanks for your responses anyway :thumb:

GC8 26 November 2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8303879)
Yes. Sticky pricky infracted me once for (allegedly) insulting him about washing cars on right of way thread.

I don't think she's ever got over it :lol1:

I have no idea what you are trying to say...?

fatherpierre 26 November 2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8303883)
Ive only had the fourcans myself :)

- thanks for your responses anyway :thumb:

No worries.

Maybe some of the 'bad' estates are lived on by certain MEMBERS on here, and they take offence at their rubbish filled streets being slagged off?

Who knows eh;)?

GC8 26 November 2008 11:44 PM

Mick and Micky are two different people, you do realise that?

mickywrx 26 November 2008 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8303879)
Yes. Sticky pricky infracted me once for (allegedly) insulting him about washing cars on right of way thread.

I don't think she's ever got over it :lol1:

FPMSL, you really are not the brightest, are you. :lol1:

I know Sticky-Micky, he is a mate, but you now look stupid..

And have insulted people, RTM..........