ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone been watching Jet Stream on the History Channel? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727447-anyone-been-watching-jet-stream-on-the-history-channel.html)

P1Fanatic 25 November 2008 08:14 AM

Anyone been watching Jet Stream on the History Channel?

My favourite programme at the moment and looks amazing in HD. For those who havent watched it, its a series following a group of trainee fighter pilots in the Canadian Air Force as they learn to fly and fight in the F18 Hornet. Episodes ranging from enduring the centrofuge (sp?), flying solo, dog fights and flying 170ft from the ground. Very interesting stuff.

One thing I thought of last night (and maybe Leslie can answer if he sees this thread) is what the do for toilet breaks as not like you can pull over an F18 at the Services to take a leak :) Guessing they have some sort of bag system.

Simon

Scoobychick 25 November 2008 09:33 AM

I watched it when it was first shown which wasn't that long ago, a great series :thumb: Pilots do have a bag system for weeing, I think it's a bag and funnel/tube thingy containing gel which absorbs the urine. Piddle packs is a name I've heard mentioned but not sure if that is just a Stateside term :D

BOB.T 25 November 2008 10:51 AM

We watched the whole series apart from the last half hour, which Sal deleted...whilst I was watching it! :mad: :D

If anyone could fill me in on the last half hour I'd appreciate it! :)

Ant 25 November 2008 10:57 AM

bob , the lad on last legs got cease training and looks like there weapon training next week , dropping bombs. Bout it in a nutshell

I have it series linked , I love it in HD.

I think the woman not make it ! Did you see her night landing new underwear time !

P1Fanatic 25 November 2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 8299168)
bob , the lad on last legs got cease training and looks like there weapon training next week , dropping bombs. Bout it in a nutshell

I have it series linked , I love it in HD.

I think the woman not make it ! Did you see her night landing new underwear time !

Yes but "GUNS" was the only one to get a superior grading on one of her training missions though. Was a shame for Tim as nice chap.

On top of the above they had the low altitude flying with Shamus dropping down to 180ft whilst the others too scared to venture under high 300's. They were supposed to do that solo but due to weather conditions they had to take instructors "in the trunk" as they call it :thumb:

Quality TV! Makes me wish Id been more ambitious in my education as always wanted to be a fighter pilot as a kid.

Simon

Ant 25 November 2008 11:05 AM

shamus is the best out of the lot I think, doesn't listen much but got the balls

P1Fanatic 25 November 2008 12:11 PM

He's definetly the "Maverick" of the group :)

I like the callsigns especially "tickler" :lol:

I think Tim was doomed after that ACM flight where he couldnt shoot the bandit as hed forgot to set the weapons system to simulation mode even though the HUD was flashing and telling him he forgot.

Simon

P1Fanatic 25 November 2008 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 8299168)

I missed this one but saw a replay highlight on the following episode. The one where she was landing in formation and then had the plane up on 2 wheels and nearly flipped it. Damn if you were the passenger your finger would be right on that eject button :)

Simon

Ant 25 November 2008 12:37 PM

he said that I was about to eject but he just got it in control, can't wait fir this weeks weapon training.

andys 25 November 2008 01:02 PM

was good to see the guy finally managed to pass the centrifuge in the end and pass the next course

P1Fanatic 25 November 2008 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by andys (Post 8299437)
was good to see the guy finally managed to pass the centrifuge in the end and pass the next course

When did they show that I must have missed that - or have you just spoilt it for me :)

Simon

Ant 25 November 2008 03:11 PM

I haven't see it either?!!