ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   police having tasers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727398-police-having-tasers.html)

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:10 PM

police having tasers

good thing or bad thing?

POLICE CANNOT WAIT TO GET TASERS - The Daily Mash

i kind of air on the side of bad

what you guys think

what would scooby do 24 November 2008 09:13 PM

The Brazilians say it's good :D

*edit* Ha, they mention Brazilians in the article :notworthy

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:15 PM

but u cant taser brazilians as they have a built up immunity to electricity so u must shoot them in the head 8 times or lasers fire out there eyes...................................or so the met police say :D

Timwinner 24 November 2008 09:17 PM

Your not gonna get shot if your not mis behaving, They will be so heavily regulated. We are talking instant suspension when used and fully investigated by the IPCA

Im going good thing!!

richiewong 24 November 2008 09:18 PM

Had them here in the north east for sometime and they are a good thing from what I've seen.

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Timwinner (Post 8298278)
Your not gonna get shot if your not mis behaving, They will be so heavily regulated. We are talking instant suspension when used and fully investigated by the IPCA

Im going good thing!!

u mean like when they use there pepper spray? they cant be trusted and they make half there storys up

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 8298282)
Had them here in the north east for sometime and they are a good thing from what I've seen.

i think the response teams should have them and not rank and file coppers

richiewong 24 November 2008 09:20 PM

TASER X26

kingofturds 24 November 2008 09:23 PM

Fire at will on all chavs

The Dogs B******s 24 November 2008 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 8298288)

I want one,do they have them on Ebay???:lol1:

DYK 24 November 2008 09:24 PM

GREAT now the criminals will be able to run off,while the copper is standing there reading out the health and safety rules,plus probably having to go threw 12 procedures,before being allowed to actually electrocute someone.
absolutely shocking.

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 8298300)
I want one,do they have them on Ebay???:lol1:

yes :D

Timwinner 24 November 2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 8298283)
u mean like when they use there pepper spray? they cant be trusted and they make half there storys up

Up until 6 months ago I was in response for a county force, I had to leave due to a very very bad injury on duty.

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience with the police but please rest assured that to deploy CS is a big thing for an operational officer. Its not something that can just happen and is then forgotten about.

Statements, use of force forms, PNBs. Its not something that is just used as a first form of resolve.

It was the most heavily regulated I have ever been in my life, including time in the services. You cannot do anything without accounting for yourself and I honestly believe that for an officer to use a taser, knowing that he could possibly lose his job would not be something taken lightly.

If it turns out to be misused I will meet you back here in a year an apologise.

tanyatriangles 24 November 2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Timwinner (Post 8298278)
Your not gonna get shot if your not mis behaving, They will be so heavily regulated. !

Is this like "you have nothing to fear if you've done no wrong", or is it more like "you won't get pepper sprayed if you've done no wrong", or is it "you won't get shot if you've done no wrong"?

Trust the coppers not at all, you'll not go far wrong;)

what would scooby do 24 November 2008 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Timwinner (Post 8298306)
Up until 6 months ago I was in response for a county force, I had to leave due to a very very bad injury on duty.

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience with the police but please rest assured that to deploy CS is a big thing for an operational officer. Its not something that can just happen and is then forgotten about.

Statements, use of force forms, PNBs. Its not something that is just used as a first form of resolve.

It was the most heavily regulated I have ever been in my life, including time in the services. You cannot do anything without accounting for yourself and I honestly believe that for an officer to use a taser, knowing that he could possibly lose his job would not be something taken lightly.

Sounds easier to buy a black market gun and shoot the twunts in the face :D less paperwork at least!

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:30 PM

i know all that but i know someone who got pepper sprayed for answering back, now do you think that is the correct use of it? not sayin all officers will abuse it just the usual chip on shoulder guys

kingofturds 24 November 2008 09:31 PM

Red tape has ruined the police force imo, they seem impotent to do anything these days And even when they do act the cps cause no end of problems for them.

Tam the bam 24 November 2008 09:31 PM

Bad idea IMHO, you just know the British Police farce will be trigger happy and be desperate to give anyone they feel a spark up the ass, tis kinda like giving a six year old a lighter and telling him not to set fire to anything!

DYK 24 November 2008 09:34 PM

LOL does this mean that the plastic plods will be getting them aswell.

fatscoobfella1 24 November 2008 09:35 PM

Be like giving guns to babies..

jasey 24 November 2008 09:36 PM

Biggest problem I see will be some **** occifer shooting himself then suing the tax payer for giving him the bloody thing in the first place :lol1:

billythekid 24 November 2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 8298343)
Be like giving guns to babies..

Never did me any harm... :norty:

Timwinner 24 November 2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 8298321)
Red tape has ruined the police force imo, they seem impotent to do anything these days And even when they do act the cps cause no end of problems for them.

CPS will be the downfall of all law and order in this country. Now if they get tasers we are all screwed!!!

pitcha44 24 November 2008 09:44 PM

50/50 as some say some of them will use it for the sake of it but i think all cops should carry a firearm like in europe :) and on a sat night in towns they should have some sort of task force who take no **** :norty:

phil_wrx 24 November 2008 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by pitcha44 (Post 8298376)
50/50 as some say some of them will use it for the sake of it but i think all cops should carry a firearm like in europe :) and on a sat night in towns they should have some sort of task force who take no **** :norty:

like in spain?

pitcha44 24 November 2008 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 8298385)
like in spain?

yep when i was in magaluf they have the police sival or sumat and the guarda. the guarda take no **** with people fighting there straight in to it :norty:

kingofturds 24 November 2008 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 8298385)
like in spain?

I was in Gran Canaria a few weeks ago when a pissed up British group kicked off at a local security guard. The police turned up and they started mouthing off at them and the batons came out:notworthy they ended up in the back of the car, and when one of the yobbo's girlfriends threw a glass at them they put her on her ass and dragged her off too.

Exactly how they should tackle them here.

pitcha44 24 November 2008 10:10 PM

exactly no need for tazers train them how to use the batons properly and show them that they wont take any **** :norty: its time for them to get respect back and take control :)

TinyO1 24 November 2008 11:17 PM

Where can I get taser-proof clothing, seems evryone in the force is going to end up with these (probably even the fake police :rolleyes: )

Underworld 24 November 2008 11:27 PM

better for police to have them instead of criminals walking around with them...

would be good to lay hands on this:
Man Files Patent For Taser-Proof Clothing - Geekologie