ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   bizarre things i have seen recently... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727288-bizarre-things-i-have-seen-recently.html)

richardg 24 November 2008 03:14 PM

bizarre things i have seen recently...

...or to those in thailand and other asian countries, these may not seem so bizarre, but i'm from a small place called essex (or at least that's my excuse ;) )

1. i went to a bookshop to buy some chinese/english books for my 2yr old daughter. i could hardly move in there for people sitting and lounging around on the floor reading. what was even more bizarre for me, was the shop actually provide seating for people :wonder: (and some were asleep snoring away with their heads back and mouths open :lol1: )

2. 3 dogs, doing what dogs do (but usually only when there's two of them) holding up rush hour traffic in the middle of the street.....with people stopping to watch. i haven't seen dogs running around in the streets at home since the early 80's

3. ...and perhaps the most bizarre - a monkey in a ski jacket. he was sitting by the side of the road, next to his keeper (on a lead - monkey, not keeper) shivering and obviously terrified of all the people streaming past him.

i am sure someone could come up with something even more bizarre than the above though, so feel free to share

Snazy 24 November 2008 03:34 PM

1 sounds like Bromley Waterstones at the weekend. lol

hodgy0_2 24 November 2008 03:39 PM

got some roadworks at the end of our road -- with actual workmen, actually seeming to mend the road

Timwinner 24 November 2008 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by richardg (Post 8297131)

2. 3 dogs, doing what dogs do (but usually only when there's two of them) holding up rush hour traffic in the middle of the street.....with people stopping to watch. i haven't seen dogs running around in the streets at home since the early 80's

Oh christ, I would have loved that, Not for animal farm types reasons, but my god that would have killed me laughing, Public dog 3some.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw Ross kemp trip up the steps on the bus in Chiswick.... it was kinda strange.

rossyboy 24 November 2008 03:42 PM

Was on a driving holiday this year and saw this guy that had taken his cat with him. He actually held it down on a wall with a mountain behind it and took a picture of it :cuckoo:

I have a picture of the event and will post it up when I get home :D

Scoobychick 24 November 2008 03:43 PM

I saw a pink Freelander yesterday :eek:

rossyboy 24 November 2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 8297202)
Was on a driving holiday this year and saw this guy that had taken his cat with him. He actually held it down on a wall with a mountain behind it and took a picture of it :cuckoo:

I have a picture of the event and will post it up when I get home :D

Where's the edit button gone :Suspiciou

Anyway here he is :)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/IMG_2254.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/IMG_2255.jpg

speye91 24 November 2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 8297477)

Someone should fix that litter bin.:)

Anyone who wears Brown Jeans and White Trainers is deffo Strange.:freak3:

M444GY 24 November 2008 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8297206)
I saw a pink Freelander yesterday :eek:

were u in essex :D

warrenm2 24 November 2008 09:34 PM

think I can beat that....

YouTube - Monkey Does Handstand On Tight Rope-Walking Goat.

TinyO1 24 November 2008 11:18 PM

:lol:

richardg 25 November 2008 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 8297477)

oh dear. what was he trying to do in the second pic?

richardg 25 November 2008 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by TinyO1 (Post 8298656)
:lol:

what happened to tiny01? new alias or someone else in disguise?

Jamie 25 November 2008 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 8297173)
1 sounds like luton at the weekend. lol

:lol1:

SwissTony 25 November 2008 07:09 AM

Driving down the motorway once, I went past two guys in a Ford Mondeo. Had to do a double take, as the passenger was wearing a StormTrooper Helmet :cuckoo:

richardg 27 November 2008 01:48 PM

i have noticed this a lot, but the extent of it surprised me today.

walking in a city with 8m+ people (up to 32m if you include the "principality" which is like calling "the south east" a city) you don;t tend to look up much. watching where people are walking only usually ends up in you having to make way, so head down and walking to work i haven't noticed too much of this, but today the extent struck me....

dogs wearing shoes. most are bright colours and look like adidas and nike trainers, but you see the dogs trying to kick them off all the time. however, i suppose it makes a lot of sense when people spit on the floor all the time (indoors or out)