ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Can't drive the Scooby for a week :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727267-cant-drive-the-scooby-for-a-week.html)

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 01:28 PM

Can't drive the Scooby for a week :(

On Saturday night on the way out in to town with my friends, we left my house and because of the snow we helped push a car up the hill (I live on a hill), so after it drove away I ran back to the pavement in to the tracks of a car sliding down the hill.....and it hit me! It wasn't too bad, as I got up and walked away etc, but my friend noticed my head was bleeding so we walked to the hospital, and I had to have 12 stitches in the back of my head. I have hurt my kidneys as well, as there was blood in my piss, that seems to have gone now though.
The doctor said though that I can't drive for a week, and shouldnt be on the computer, as it was quite a large cut....although I cant see it being on the back :lol1:
Might give me a chance to de-tango my front lights and fit my recirc valve if I can get someone from work to drop my tools off. Although my head does hurt still so will leave it until the end of the week I think if I do do it.
Was quite funny as well, after the guy driving had stopped, he got out to see if I was ok, and I was really tbh, but he said "It's ok, I've hit someone before", so we had to LOL in his face, as thats not something to really say to someone is it :lol:

SiPie 24 November 2008 01:31 PM

Dicko by name, dicko by nature :)

Scoobychick 24 November 2008 01:31 PM

Have you ever wished you'd not stopped to help someone? :eek: :D

Bad luck matey, I hope you feel better soon :thumb:

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 02:12 PM

Yeah, was my fault....I think! Will have to learn the Green Cross Code again! lol

c-o-l-e 24 November 2008 02:18 PM

So hard to find people with the right experience these days... bet it was quite a relief that the guy knew how to hit you properly.

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 02:24 PM

lol, yeah!! Don't think he was a bad guy to be honest, as he did drive to the police station and tell them what happened etc, as I walked off to the hospital.

pimmo2000 24 November 2008 02:28 PM

:Suspiciou lot of really weird new members on here

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 02:55 PM

Why weird? I was in an accident, thats all ;)

pimmo2000 24 November 2008 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by chrisdicko (Post 8297079)
Why weird? I was in an accident, thats all ;)

:lol1: you were sliding down a down and hit a car .. that's not really normal :D

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 03:33 PM

lol. I was crossing the road and got hit by a car sliding down the hill. :lol:

pimmo2000 24 November 2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by chrisdicko (Post 8297170)

:Suspiciou oh .. well that makes me weird then :thumb:

Wurzel 24 November 2008 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by chrisdicko (Post 8297170)

It must have been sliding at a hell of a speed if you couldn't get out of it's way in time!!! Either that or you didn't look before crossing the road.

SJ_Skyline 24 November 2008 05:23 PM

To be fair Wurzel, we had a whole half-inch of snow :thumb:

Wurzel 24 November 2008 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 8297455)

oh well that explains it :D

I won't tell you how much we had on the way home from work on friday and then over the rest of the weekend.

chrisdicko 24 November 2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 8297455)

hehe, and look at the mayhem it caused with my skull!! :lol1:

c-o-l-e 24 November 2008 08:19 PM

Good thing you didn't need an ambulance... they'd have turned up and said "Don't worry, we bagged someone up just like you earlier"