ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TGI.....god they are a grumpy bunch (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727239-tgi-god-they-are-a-grumpy-bunch.html)

SwissTony 24 November 2008 11:29 AM

TGI.....god they are a grumpy bunch

Went out to a mate's birthday do on Saturday night. It is our local one and have been there on numerous occassions, never had a problem. This one however was different. They now have introduced a stupid pointless Christmas Menu Organiser who's job it seems is to make any kind of booking nigh high impossible from the beginning of November, obviously in some vain attempt to justify their worthless jobrole :brickwall

It took 2 days of my mate ringing to make a booking, which involved email or faxing our menu and dietry requirements, paying a £50 deposit etec etc.
The organiser was foreign and couldn't grasp the fact that all he wanted to do was to book a table for 8 people and no he didnt want a ****ing xmas menu, tinsel on his chicken goujons or anything bloody related to christmas as it was a birthday party :rolleyes:
Finally another friend went into the place and placed the booking by person as it was so much easier.

On the night, we were all interrogated at the door as to whether we had made a booking and had it been passed by this numptie menu organiser :rolleyes:
Finally we got our table and were wedged into a corner next to a table that had a large family on it. Now bearing in mind this is now around 10 p.m, the other table actually moved and complained that our table was raucous and we were swearing a bit too much :cuckoo:

Well excuse me, but surely at 10 p.m at night little darlings should be tucked up in bed and anyway we were just having a bit of fun, one thing that TGI apparently encourages ??

Then later on someone feinted in the restaurant (probably from seeing the price of a burger :rolleyes: ) and whilst it was unfortunate, we just carried on our evening enjoying ourselves. Net thing we know, the manger is at out tabe saying people are complaining that we are being insensitive at the poor feinting person's expense...what :cuckoo:
We hadn't even been bothered by them and were just having a laugh amongst ourselves, nothing to do with the poor soul who at that moment was being carted away in an ambulence. So it seems that the fun that TGI's has well and truely deserted the place...bunch of bloody muppets :rolleyes:

Apart from all that, a very enjoyable evening spent with drunk mates :D

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 11:37 AM

Our local one burnt down recently.
*apart from the traffic chaos next morning, it was the best thing that happened to the place IMO... what a ****e eaterie.. full of people thinking its ok to be insensitive and raucous

:lol1:

Matteeboy 24 November 2008 11:39 AM

I have no idea why chains like TGIs succeed. Crap food, crap surroundings, crap service.

Never been, never going to go.

Scoobychick 24 November 2008 11:43 AM

I've never been in one either and judging from that crap review I won't be going to one any time soon :D

grovesy 24 November 2008 11:43 AM

How old is your mate.. 12 ???

Going for Burger and Chips on a Saturday night is always going to end in having a cr@p time.

MattW 24 November 2008 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 8296534)
I have no idea why chains like TGIs succeed. Crap food, crap surroundings, crap service.

Never been, never going to go.

How do you know then? :wonder:

Matteeboy 24 November 2008 11:49 AM

I have heard from others and had a nose around a couple (and the menus) when they first came over here.

No no and no again.

SwissTony 24 November 2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by grovesy (Post 8296546)
How old is your mate.. 12 ???

Going for Burger and Chips on a Saturday night is always going to end in having a cr@p time.

My mate is 37 :D
TBH the place is not my favourite, but what the hell it is local and it has been fine in the past, but never again.

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 8296556)
How do you know then? :wonder:

<matteeboy/Marvin Gaye>
I heard it through the grapevine
</matteeboy/Marvin Gaye>

;)

SwissTony 24 November 2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8296544)
I've never been in one either and judging from that crap review I won't be going to one any time soon :D

Vege menu is a bit sparse so no loss then

Mr Gleebits.....:p

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8296564)
My mate is 37 :D
TBH the place is not my favourite, but what the hell it is local and it has been fine in the past, but never again.

Ever thought it *might not* just be the eaterie, Swiss?:thumb:

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8296569)
Vege menu is a bit sparse so no loss then

Mr Gleebits.....:p

Oh, Mr Twonky,.. Im mortally wounded!
:lol1: :lol1:

SwissTony 24 November 2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Gleebits (Post 8296576)
Oh, Mr Twonky,.. Im mortally wounded!
:lol1: :lol1:

Is it a mortal wound...bloody hope so :mad:

I do apologise for my chavvy mates, but sometimes one likes to have a break from the Ivy

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 11:59 AM

Swiss, you've two hopes... and Bob Hope's dead ! ;)

:thumb:

SwissTony 24 November 2008 12:00 PM

what about glory :Suspiciou

Matteeboy 24 November 2008 12:00 PM

You can eat MUCH better than at TGIs for a lot less money.

Small local Italians, Thais or even some nice english food based places will kick TGIs ar5e into touch for food, service and value. Plus do decent wine.

SwissTony 24 November 2008 12:04 PM

Yes I know, but the point is I didnt have a choice as to the venue.
I certainly know far better places to eat and for a fraction of the price.

The point is that *they* are a weasley bunch of tossers :)

Dan Gleebits 24 November 2008 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8296588)
what about glory :Suspiciou

hole?

whatever does it for you , I guess... but Im not party to your antics
:cuckoo:

J4CKO 24 November 2008 12:17 PM

Oh TGI's, did you have to mention it, you will have NACRO on going on about sink estates, tracksuit's, Magners etc etc.

If we want a Burger we go to the local Gourmet Burger Kitchen, like TGI's without the wankiness, reasonable prices, very accomodating and if you want a Burger nobody does it better.

tanyatriangles 24 November 2008 12:21 PM

Sorry, but wtf is TGI?

davegtt 24 November 2008 12:28 PM

I like the junk food at TGI's :D always been ok although last saturday I went to the one in Northampton before the football match for a couple of beers and it was the flattest rankest beer Ive ever had :(

mamoon2 24 November 2008 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8296636)
Oh TGI's, did you have to mention it, you will have NACRO on going on about sink estates, tracksuit's, Magners etc etc.

If we want a Burger we go to the local Gourmet Burger Kitchen, like TGI's without the wankiness, reasonable prices, very accomodating and if you want a Burger nobody does it better.

J4CKO, is that the one in Didsbury? noticed that the other day where Cafe Uno used to be. Is it any good?

We went to the Istanbul Grill, can thoroughly recommend it, one of my favourite places to eat now. :thumb:

Anyone else a fan of Turkish food?

BOB.T 24 November 2008 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8296544)

<cancels surprise meal outing>

:wonder:

coolangatta 24 November 2008 12:35 PM

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Sorry...gourmet together with burger....:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

NACRO 24 November 2008 12:49 PM

Eat in a sty, get served pig swill.

M444GY 24 November 2008 12:53 PM

i went to the one in central london and leeds and they were fine , nice food and service .

then went to the one in watford on two different occasions for parties and the service and food was shocking , meals coming out after the rest of the group had finished , i counted 17 chips on my plate , waitresses who were puting the wrong food on the wrong tables and spilling stuff, and when we complained the manager got the right arse and wasnt bothered about showing it . lets say i wont be going back there ,

its luck of the draw tbh what one u go to .

coolangatta 24 November 2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 8296736)
Eat in a sty, get served pig swill.

:wonder: Seems he was not keen on the service/atmosphere. No complaints about the food as I read it.

NACRO 24 November 2008 12:58 PM

Would you have preferred

'Eat in a sty, feed in pig ****?'

coolangatta 24 November 2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 8296772)
Would you have preferred

'Eat in a sty, feed in pig ****?'

Yes, as it would have been more accurate :thumb:

J4CKO 24 November 2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8296687)
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Sorry...gourmet together with burger....:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Yes, there is a certain amount of irony in the name but you get the point when you go, they got rid of McDonalds about the same time this opened, in comparison to McDonalds or BK, beleive me, its Gourmet.

Its the one in Wilmslow.

PS, dont go that often, honest.