ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Brake info (Goodridge brake hoses) (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/726600-brake-info-goodridge-brake-hoses.html)

Tom87 21 November 2008 10:54 AM

Brake info (Goodridge brake hoses)

Hi guys, I just need some info and advice really. I'm going to replace all my brake discs soon (I'm only going to replace them with the standard 277mm fronts and 260mm rears) and was thinking of installing some Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses. I've heard how good they are etc, but what do they actually do? Sorry for sounding a bit thick.

Scoobyparts Ltd GOODRIDGE UPRATED STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE HOSE KIT

So will it be worth me doing with my standard 2 pots/1 pots brake set up?

Thanks,

Tom

scoobynewbie72 21 November 2008 11:47 AM

The hoses help with peddle feel, the rubber flexy hoses can give a little being rubber, the braided hoses give a firmer feel.

stockcar 21 November 2008 01:18 PM

by your brake spec your original rubber hoses will be around 10yrs+ old now and even putting new hoses on would be a benefit, the Goodridge have the advantage of being a "one-off" change as they don't deteriorate unless allowed to chafe/rub/etc..............

and can be found for a cheaper than that link with a little searching

alyn

Godspeed Brakes 21 November 2008 01:58 PM

When you rubber hoses age , they become soft and can balloon slightly under hard braking which give you a spongy pedal feel , the Goodrich braided hoses have a hard PTFE inner pipe covered by an outer metal braiding which is just about impossible to balloon.
They come with a lifetime guarantee.
I can supply you a hose kit delivered next day for £65
Cheers Ian
01656 723060

Tom87 21 November 2008 02:00 PM

Cheers for the replies lads, I'll definitely look into installing these :).

Spec'c'57 21 November 2008 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 8289569)
by your brake spec your original rubber hoses will be around 10yrs+ old now and even putting new hoses on would be a benefit, the Goodridge have the advantage of being a "one-off" change as they don't deteriorate unless allowed to chafe/rub/etc..............

and can be found for a cheaper than that link with a little searching

alyn

The braiding on our classic split causing the inner hose to go. :( they have been with goodridge since sept and as the guy dealing is on long term sick im getting nowhere fast :cry:

Tom87 21 November 2008 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 8289680)
The braiding on our classic split causing the inner hose to go. :( they have been with goodridge since sept and as the guy dealing is on long term sick im getting nowhere fast :cry:

Oh dear

stockcar 21 November 2008 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 8289680)

let me know who you have been dealing with and i will see what i can do for you...........

alyn

Spec'c'57 11 December 2008 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 8290139)
let me know who you have been dealing with and i will see what i can do for you...........

alyn

;) finally sorted will update previous thread.

h4rry 15 December 2008 10:20 PM

Give CRN brakes a call, i had a cracking deal on these size brakes, fast road pads and goodridge hoses. Think it was around £279.00 all in?

h4rry 15 December 2008 10:20 PM

SOrry, number 01246 559933