ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Three die in police pursuit crash (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/725426-three-die-in-police-pursuit-crash.html)

cossie-nutter 16 November 2008 03:50 PM

Three die in police pursuit crash

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Three die in police pursuit crash

:eek2:

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/imag...rash_pa226.jpg

bugeyeandy 16 November 2008 03:53 PM

No doubt there will be loads of people blaming the police yet again.
Feel sorry for their families :(

DCI Gene Hunt 16 November 2008 03:55 PM

Sympathies for the families, passengers (if unwitting), police that had to attend the scene and for the residents that witnessed the carnage.

M535I 16 November 2008 04:00 PM

not on for the familys to deal with it , if you run they will follow !!!! none the less atleast they killed themselfs rather than a police office or a member of the public , not saying its a good thing but you know what i mean .

RJM25R 16 November 2008 04:01 PM

Near me ;-( road closed this morning.

zs_phil 16 November 2008 04:02 PM

o well its there own fault its normally innocent people caught up in joyriders mistakes ,the passengers must of known about the car not being road legal as no one driving a road legal car would fail to stop for police :nono:

shep ppp 16 November 2008 04:03 PM

Less than a mile from my house, very busy road and during school run time packed with kids.

Jamie 16 November 2008 04:14 PM

Crap driver was a £60 fine not worth it:brickwall

Scoob99 16 November 2008 04:15 PM

No Sympathy for them, even though they had run a red light their was no need to drive off at high speed, It's the Police I feel sorry for and others who have to clear up a mess like this!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin

pimmo2000 16 November 2008 04:27 PM

End of the day its the driver who ****ed off not the others in the car .. he/she is to blame for the deaths !! Even if the car was stolen the passengers are very unlikely to face series charges !

RJM25R 16 November 2008 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by shep ppp (Post 8275609)
Less than a mile from my house, very busy road and during school run time packed with kids.

What you drive? scooby?

I live in Derker but work at VW in Hollinwood

Steve_PPP 16 November 2008 05:10 PM

i feel sorry for the homeowner - they've got to live there knowing 3 people died in their front garden :(

Chip 16 November 2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scoob99 (Post 8275635)
No Sympathy for them, even though they had run a red light their was no need to drive off at high speed, It's the Police I feel sorry for and others who have to clear up a mess like this!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin

Yep , agree totally. Only good thing is they wont be around to do it again.

Chip

MMT WRX 16 November 2008 07:05 PM

Another police chase on the M1 near Chesterfield last night resulted in a crash killing one of the passengers, sounds like the driver and another passenger did a runner but were caught nearby. The motorway was closed all night Northbound.

The Chief 16 November 2008 10:03 PM

I passed the aftermath of this at gone 6am this morning, police everywhere. i wondered what had gone on.

jayb1970 16 November 2008 10:12 PM

Very sad that 3 young people have lost their lives but if you drive like that in a built up area you are playing with fire.
As someone else said it was lucky they didn't take out an innocent passer by/motorist.

rbaz 16 November 2008 10:57 PM

Just seen this on the news looks like a very high speed crash looking at the wreckage.
Don’t think they need to show the blood stained roof on the news if it where one of my family members the last thing I would want to see :(

Didn’t mention if it was stolen etc :wonder:

p12mem 17 November 2008 12:07 AM

think some comments are a bit harsh, yes they could have killed, but no one deserves to die cos they made the wrong choice or maybe forced into a situation.
they don't give a death penalty for murder, why should we be happy at death for youngsters that steal cars!

not condoning it, i'd kill if my daughter was runover by one of these kids, i know i'm contradicting, but sometimes life just isn't fair
condolences to the families
my spelling is poor, sorry

EAndy 17 November 2008 09:47 AM

Can't blame the police for doing there job in this situation.

Didn't read it all but it said 1 might survive? hope it's the driver so they can live the rest of there life knowing they just killed 3 friends because they decided to run a light and fail to stop for police.

Regardless of who they are and background, such a shame and waste of life. There is people I detest but i'd never wish this upon anyone.

davegtt 17 November 2008 10:01 AM

Spot the ex Oldham Athletic player ;)

Bad story to read :(

Leslie 17 November 2008 11:10 AM

The fault lies at the feet of the driver of course, both for the reasons that the police were following and also for the way that his driving was responsible for the crash.

If the police see a car breaking the law, or they are suspicious for some reason then it is their job to follow and stop the car involved of course.

Les

RJM25R 17 November 2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8277317)
Spot the ex Oldham Athletic player ;)

Bad story to read :(

?????????????

davegtt 17 November 2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RJM25R (Post 8277532)
?????????????

Matthew Tipton, its definately THE tipton