ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   surface scratches (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/725244-surface-scratches.html)

carling82 15 November 2008 05:44 PM

surface scratches

Hi everyone,
Can you advise please,
recently purchased a 2007 scooby, WRX blue, 1100 miles ex-demo from subaru dealer.
Have noticed that in certain light and at a certain angle you can see lots of
surface scratches and squirls in the paintowork, these are virtually invisible in normal light, more noticeable in sunlight.
Most people probably wouldnt notice but they are really annoying to me.
Can anyone advise how I might reduce or get rid of them.
Thanks

cossie-nutter 15 November 2008 05:46 PM

Get it mopped properly by a proper valeter!

superdood0 15 November 2008 05:47 PM

Have a look in the Car Care section, plenty of guides in there :thumb:

Boro 15 November 2008 05:54 PM

Sometimes the worst thing you can do is wash your car. Sounds odd, but those fine scratches are probably from someone using a dirty sponge. You could get it properly detailed which would remove all the swirl marks, but if you dont use the right gear in the right method, they'll be back again after a few washes.

Chip 15 November 2008 06:30 PM

Go in to a new car showromm and under the lights all of the new cars will have these surface scratches.

Chip

richardg 16 November 2008 05:00 AM

if like me when i bought my impreza, which was my first decent car, you didn't know much about achieving a really good finish when cleaning a car, take a look at the car care section.

if i were you i would look into costs for detailing, but maybe in the meantime consider cleaning with pressure washer, then washing (new lambswool mitt) and using a detailing clay. then wash again and wax

first first attempt at claying the car took me 5hrs (don;t think it had ever been done before) and made a hell of a difference. i probably clay it twice a year unless there is more stubborn grime on there. have a read up before you attempt though - there is lots of advice on here

JimmyBFC 16 November 2008 09:01 AM

Get some mazerna (spel) stuff from polished bliss, I had a few jet washes done down the car wash the past two months (not that I clean mine anyway anymore, its for driving...lol) but I had a few horrible scratch looking marks, bought some intensive mazerna polish and a german applicator pad, it works as well as applying by machine but you need to spend a good few mins rubbing it in until its gone, then micre fibre cloth it, works a treat.

Luke-Avfc 16 November 2008 12:03 PM

Have a look here mate...A world for detailers...

Brilliant site with some fantastic tips in keeping your car tip top..:)

F1 CJE UK 16 November 2008 05:19 PM

car care area ????? :freak3:

loads of people in that area will help you out :thumb:

rbaz 16 November 2008 05:55 PM

As said above have a look in the car care section and on the Bolished Bliss website advice page Car Care Advice - How to safely and effectively detail your car to perfection
Or take it to them if you dont want to do it yourself it will transform the car :thumb:

wrighty338 16 November 2008 05:59 PM

er, either a mop by a bodyshop or buy yourself a rotary polisher with some Megiurs speed glaze / dual action cleaner polish