ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Wish me luck for Saturday (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/724730-wish-me-luck-for-saturday.html)

SC008Y_MAD 13 November 2008 03:25 PM

Wish me luck for Saturday

Some of you may or may not know that I have been learning to dance - Ballroom and Latin American every thursday. I started in January this year and have progressed rather well considering I have been partnering one of the two teachers. I have learnt Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Slow rhythm, Samba, Rumba, Cha cha cha, One step Jive and Ballroom Jive.

The dance school owner, Tracy said would I like to do a medal test in November, I said 'go on then'. 'I will put you down for doing Ballroom - Waltz and Quickstep then Latin - Cha cha cha and Rumba' she said. Two medals at Bronze level (You start at bronze and work your way up).

For the past month I have been having private lessons to 'fine tune' my the routine on Saturday afternoons. Things like making sure I am rising on the first step and falling on the third step in Waltz and QS and pointing my pointing my feet correctly in Rumba and Cha Cha Cha etc.

I will be dancing with Tracy for the Ballroom and the other teacher, Charlotte for the Latin. I don't have a permanent partner i.e. Girlfriend to dance with (another story).

The test is this coming Saturday 15th November. Not sure what time the test is, but I will find out tonight.

So wish me luck as it is the only good thing going for me currently.

JonnyUK1980 13 November 2008 06:31 PM

Good luck mate just remember, nobody puts baby in the corner :D

SC008Y_MAD 13 November 2008 07:14 PM

Very good :D Its a good job I have the film on DVD

Thanks

Focimp3 14 November 2008 07:54 AM

are the teachers fit

AndyLyman 14 November 2008 08:00 AM

All the best for Saturday Darren...

Go for Gold!

Trust Damon to come out with a comment like that! - I dunno these mondeo drivers - LOL

p1walding 14 November 2008 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by JonnyUK1980 (Post 8268026)
Good luck mate just remember, nobody puts baby in the corner :D

:lol: good luck dazza "have the time of your life" on saturday :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 14 November 2008 10:23 AM

Cheers guys. That means a lot.

The test time is 15:45.

I will eventually go for gold. Got to get Bronze and Silver out the way first.

Damon, FYI there is one rather fit young lady, who is about my age that I partner, Charlotte. Its a shame she is getting married next year otherwise....

F1 CJE UK 14 November 2008 02:32 PM

good luck :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

scoobybubbles 14 November 2008 08:02 PM

oh awsome darren good luck lovely!!! maybe i should learn to dance , id be your partner any day!! your a bit tall, but would give me a good excuse to put a pair of heel son!!! pmsl!!! shame im out of town tomorrow could have come along to cheer you on and give support!! will def next time!!!

BROOKS1E 15 November 2008 01:09 AM

Good luck Darren ,im sure you will do well :thumb:

JonnyUK1980 15 November 2008 07:43 AM

Todays the day matey, cacking it yet? You'll be fine, post up and let us know how you get on later :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 15 November 2008 11:31 AM

I would not of thought that I would of got this kinda support from the Subaru community. Its bringing a tear to my eye. Thank you.

I know the steps, I know the moves, just hope I can keep it all together.

Tracy you are taller than Charlotte!

JonnyUK1980 15 November 2008 03:30 PM

Don't worry we're rounding up all this info for future pi$$ taking missions should you dare to step out of line:nono: :smug:

SC008Y_MAD 15 November 2008 04:40 PM

Thought there was a catch :lol1:

Anyway, Just got back for the examination and that was surreal. I was in and out before you could say jumpin' jack flash three times. It went ok. Not sure when I will know the outcome, Possibly Thursday/Friday?

F1 CJE UK 17 November 2008 10:14 AM

:thumb: nice one dude keep us posted

agree with the piss take tho :lol1: save that for later lol

SC008Y_MAD 17 November 2008 10:34 AM

...like defining you all with my Hella horns :lol1:

scoobybubbles 17 November 2008 11:53 AM

where do i sign up for lessons!?

SC008Y_MAD 17 November 2008 12:32 PM

Tracy are you serious, if you are I will PM you the details :)

Pete 17 November 2008 12:48 PM

Good on ya fella, what do you think about Strictly and John Sargent being saved every week?? i personally think it,s a joke now, ok, for the first few weeks yes, BUT there,s good dancers being voted out to keep him in.

It,s called strictly come dancing, NOT strictly entertaining

SC008Y_MAD 17 November 2008 02:05 PM

I agree. He is being saved just for being entertaining when others that are far far better dancers than him are being voted off. John is pig ignorant! I think he should quit the show, before someone like Austin, or Jodie get voted off. Cherie legs are good enough on there own to keep her in. Madness, utter madness. I am glad James Jordan spoke out. perhaps, now people will see that in fact John is a poor dancer and should leave.

scoobybubbles 17 November 2008 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD (Post 8277637)
Tracy are you serious, if you are I will PM you the details :)

How much is it to go? i need a hobby , something in my life other than washing ironing, cooking and cleaning!!! KIDS!!!!!:freak3:
i used to love dancing, but that was in nightclubs, and i'd probably be very drunk!! but i would concider doing something like this!!! :top:

SC008Y_MAD 20 November 2008 06:13 PM

Should get my results tonight.

scoobybubbles 20 November 2008 10:35 PM

.............and..............? they were...............? you cant leave us all waiting in suspence! thats just wrong! pm me the result i need to know!:banana:

SC008Y_MAD 21 November 2008 09:40 AM

Well, I turned up with my parents as usual at the hall and we did our warm up dances as per usual and then we went into classes - beginners and advanced. But this week there was only advanced members, so we all carried on with learning the foxtrot. About half way through, Tracy, said that "Darrens got a Bronze medal.....everybody said well done etc... Then she said "hes got two Bronze medals"...."with certificates". Every body clapped and cheered and said well done :)

I don't like keep ing people in suspense :D

SC008Y_MAD 21 November 2008 09:49 AM

Then Tracy said what do you want to go over next, and one of the couples said, could we go over a bit in the waltz - What I had to do in my medal test. So we went over that. During this time I was partnering Charlotte and she said I was a "Pro". That meant a lot. Something good actually happening in my life.

the next medal test (bronze 2) is March I believe. Have to do dances like Tango...

F1 CJE UK 21 November 2008 07:09 PM

nice one dude :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 21 November 2008 07:53 PM

JonnyUK1980 21 November 2008 08:26 PM

Well done Darren! Next on the list for you............

BREAK DANCING! lol

scoobybubbles 21 November 2008 09:40 PM

ahhhhh dazza!! well done my lovely!!! , i take it ur mumma and pup do dancing to!! ? ooooh the tango eh!! thats a sexy dance!!!! :luvlove: :banana: i wanna dance like the banana!!!

p1walding 22 November 2008 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by scoobybubbles (Post 8291069)
ahhhhh dazza!! well done my lovely!!! , i take it ur mumma and pup do dancing to!! ? ooooh the tango eh!! thats a sexy dance!!!! :luvlove: :banana: i wanna dance like the banana!!!

:lol: well done dazza:thumb: