ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   So my car is totalled then...how sad. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/724102-so-my-car-is-totalled-then-how-sad.html)

LAity 10 November 2008 08:50 PM

So my car is totalled then...how sad.

My Wife and kids were driving home on Sat evening when another car smashed in the side of us sending us spinning down the road. As i said my Wife was driving ( first time she had driven my Scooby) and it scared her out of her wits. It was a horrid night but thank God the car was as strong as it was otherwise it might have been a different story. My car is totalled i guess, every panel was bent and the back wheels are pointing all over the place.

I miss my car:( but thank Subaru for making one hell of a tough bit of kit!

LAity

M535I 10 November 2008 08:52 PM

glad to hear you and your family where all safe mate car's can be replaced...........

Juice 10 November 2008 08:53 PM

thank god you and your family are ok, car can be replaced , but very sorry to hear this

53 10 November 2008 08:54 PM

:( At least you are all ok.:thumb:

I can't believe how many dead subarus there are in the ESC these last couple of months.:(

Janspeed 10 November 2008 08:56 PM

Thank God you guys are ok!

Red Rocket 11166 10 November 2008 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear this,hope you and the family are ok.

Rgds Red.

PS. Are you going to get another Scoob ?

LAity 10 November 2008 09:01 PM

Thanks all so much for that. I am glad i am only moaning about smashing the car up. It could have been much much worse. As i said, that car was strong as you like. It looks terrible now but it did stand up to a side whack at about 40 mph. I am sure its written off, i dont suppose there is much left working on it...other than the bonnet??Not really sure what i am going to get for it either ?? Do they work on current market value??

LAity

LAity 10 November 2008 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red Rocket 11166 (Post 8259818)
Sorry to hear this,hope you and the family are ok.

Rgds Red.

PS. Are you going to get another Scoob ?

I really hope so. Assuming the insurance pays out for mine ok??

LAity

Jamescsti 10 November 2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by LAity (Post 8259832)
Thanks all so much for that. I am glad i am only moaning about smashing the car up. It could have been much much worse. As i said, that car was strong as you like. It looks terrible now but it did stand up to a side whack at about 40 mph. I am sure its written off, i dont suppose there is much left working on it...other than the bonnet??Not really sure what i am going to get for it either ?? Do they work on current market value??

LAity

They will work on it's current market value mate, will prob ask you at some point what it was worth, be optomistic in the valuation;)

Sorry to hear about the accident though.

dunx 10 November 2008 10:32 PM

Glad you are all o.k.

Dropping prices haven't bottomed yet, so you may get a bargain still (for xmas)

DunxC