ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/)
-   -   Thank you everyone, and all the best (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/723949-thank-you-everyone-and-all-the-best.html)

ex-webby 10 November 2008 06:17 PM

Thanks again everyone.

And its nice to see some of the people (here and by PM) who I've had a run in or two with showing we're all human, and decent people after all.

PP

Don't worry, I take nothing with me other than positive memories of a great experience. and maybe a bit of relief! :D

Evolution Stu 10 November 2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Plucking Pheasants (Post 8259345)
So, who is in charge of the WEBMASTER handle now? Are we going to get a formal introduction of the new man(or woman) at the helm?

This topic may interest you...

Plucking Pheasants 10 November 2008 06:36 PM

Great someone new to abuse by the end of the week! :D Actually being honest, I'm more into hugs and kisses.

In that light Stu, can the new one be a she? ;)

Boro 10 November 2008 07:12 PM

Quite possibly the only forum on the internet that i have remained loyal too. Even during times when i havent owned a scooby. That says an awful lot about the forum as a whole.

Well done for making SN what it is and i hope IB continue where you have left off.

Sonic' 10 November 2008 07:16 PM

All the best in what ever you decide to do Simon :thumb:

mickywrx 10 November 2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ex-webby (Post 8257869)
Dear friends,

Blah, Blah, Blah, sod this I'm going on holiday.

Your friend

Simon

Short and to the point. :D

All the best for the future. :thumb:

Now get next years SSO organised.

Shaun 10 November 2008 10:01 PM

Simon,
Any future "New York experience" will never be the same. ;)

Now.... we need to get that record produced!! ;) :D

Phil 10 November 2008 10:29 PM

Good point

is the SSO happening in 2009?

Dan Gleebits 10 November 2008 11:00 PM

*could have fixed the *go to last post * issue before you let go of the wheel... ahh well ;)

paul w 10 November 2008 11:10 PM

All the best Simon,

Without all your hard work and enthusiasum keeping this site going i dont think my last 9 years of scooby ownership would have been half as enjoyable.

Enjoy whatever you get into next and thanks.

Paul

mart360 10 November 2008 11:14 PM

Thanks a bunch :(

not only do i not get a mention in the bloody book, you dont have the decency to tip me the nod, that your bailing out.. :(

Young man you have a long way to go to get back on the christmas card list :D:D

All the best, :luxhello::luxhello: Enjoy you retirement :)

oh and welcome to the dark side :D:D

Mart

Bravo2zero_sps 11 November 2008 12:43 AM

From another who has moaned and whinged at you (mainly over the infraction system) I can not deny that Scoobynet over the last 8 years has brought me a lot of entertainment and a lot of help on various subjects. So enjoy your new direction in life and hope it is as successful :thumb:

Luke 11 November 2008 08:54 AM

Ok....... you win !!!

Simon you put up with me for a few years having a go about a few matters i believed in etc And a few i just wanted to wind you up with.

No one could keep us all happy, thats something most men would agree with.

At the current Road tax prices i doubt Scoobynet will be around for long !!! so you did well to sell it on !

Now Go have fun with your family.

100% HONEST best wishes

Luke

SNKing 11 November 2008 08:29 PM

pslewis has asked me to tell you to go shove your head up your ass ..... but I wouldn't be so rude ;)

Thanks for the journey :thumb:

:lol1:

chiark 11 November 2008 09:31 PM

Best of luck, and good luck in trying not to get involved :D

Thanks for the great times, and best of luck to IB with the running of the behemoth!

SiDHEaD 11 November 2008 10:27 PM

All the best Simon :D

T5NYW 11 November 2008 10:44 PM

Good luck Simon :D

ex-webby 12 November 2008 09:48 AM

Thanks again guys! :)

psigeek 12 November 2008 12:13 PM

Not been around long but am totally grateful for the existence of SN. Thank you Simon for sticking around this long so there was something for us to come to down the line. Being a referee is never easy and enjoy your retirement!

MrMajic 12 November 2008 07:47 PM

Thanks Simon, I've found the site really useful as a relatively recent first-time Scooby owner.

FlightMan 13 November 2008 07:46 AM

All the best Simon, I've had a largely great time reading and posting on here. So a big thanks from me to you, for years of entertainment.

Don't be a stranger eh?

Enjoy,

Flightman.

BOB.T 14 November 2008 01:21 PM

Simon, thank you! :)

Scoobynet has been great for me over the last seven or so years. Like you I've learnt a lot here and have a lot to thank it / you for, not least my girlfriend, without Snet we'd never have met! :)

All the best for the future! :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 14 November 2008 02:16 PM

Simon, I wish you all the very best for the future.

Take care

Darren

salsa-king 15 November 2008 08:36 AM

Thank you and all the best in the future, having only met you a few times Simon in person (I mainly remember the 'secrect' day at prodrive when we tested 'Virtual Spectator' before it got fittedto the WRC cars) I feel like we are good friends, knowing you were always availible on here if every needed.

I hope you now GET A LIFE!!

remember, if you every need any information on something... theres a website with 10's of 1000's of people who will be more than willing to give you some feed back.

just can't think what that websites called off the top of my head! lol

all the best

Phil .

:)

Dave Thornton 15 November 2008 09:04 AM

I joined up nearly 10 years ago as member 300ish - now it's nearly 91000. The only websites I'm still visiting every week 10 years on are BBC news, hotmail and Scoobynet. Enough said.

You deserve the Internet equivalent of a knighthood: sir.simon

Jamo 15 November 2008 10:12 AM

member number 498 dave :)

DominicA 15 November 2008 11:19 AM

I don't come on that much if at all anymore but just wanted to echo the above comments and say "good job, well done matey!"

Dom

Stuart J 15 November 2008 11:35 AM

Thanks for all the hard work

I havent been around much recently having switched brands but scoobynet was the first forum I became addicted to & its great to see its still as strong as ever. Credit for that has to be in some way due to your continual efforts.

Enjoy wherever you are heading

ScoobyDoo555 15 November 2008 11:41 AM

Good luck Simon :)
Dan

crispyduck 15 November 2008 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ex-webby (Post 8257869)
... It has been such a tough job balancing commercial realities with community freedom, but almost without exception, everyone has acted with integrity and honour. I really appreciate all your support - espcially to those who took a chance on us when we were small and in desperate need of the cash. You really stepped up to the plate.

Simon, I wish you the best of luck with your R&R and where ever that takes you next. I know I didn't agree with you during our short dealings but can certainly see how much effort you've put into building a solid community of interest and ensuring it survived the hard times and positioned well for the future. Well done for that.
Best Regards,
-Steve.