ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Driving Dynamics (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/)
-   -   dccd advise on settings please (https://www.scoobynet.com/driving-dynamics-354/723865-dccd-advise-on-settings-please.html)

G8RDK 09 November 2008 09:34 PM

dccd advise on settings please

just got myself a type r :D and i havent the foggyest idea what settings to drive normally fast or anything, or for every day, any advise at all please. Also what have i got to look out for, heard theses systems go faulty easily, cheers :thumb:

Adam K 12 November 2008 08:12 AM

Ooooo, there dccd-threads all over.
If you don't need it locked up in any way, then leave it fully open (wheel back).
When (?) you go to your first track/auto-X day just experiment, you have the car 'cause it's fun, don't you? Then out and play (safely)!

WaltonWRX 13 November 2008 11:28 PM

I have mine fully open 95% of the time, If its been raining alot I go for the 2 green. Thats as fair as I have gone so fair. :lol1:

G8RDK 14 November 2008 06:51 PM

not sure which ones do what tbh. fully open is the last green one? what do the orange ones do? also i have been told not to hav it in the orange whilst reversing or doing menouvers, is that true?

richie001 14 November 2008 08:47 PM

This might help

DCCD Explained - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

:thumb:

G8RDK 16 November 2008 11:00 PM

anymore advise? that artical is a lot to take in...

The rookie 18 November 2008 12:57 PM

Yes read it again, its a very good description of how it works!

Summary, its a limited slip differential, you adjust the amount of 'limited slip' using the thumbwheel.

Simon

gpssti4 18 November 2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by The rookie (Post 8280448)
Yes read it again, its a very good description of how it works!

Summary, its a limited slip differential, you adjust the amount of 'limited slip' using the thumbwheel.

Simon

Indeed, it doesn't alter the torque split or send more power to the front/rear. :Whatever_

All (!!!) it does it to change the amount of slip between the front and rear axles; open and you can spin the rear wheels, locked and you'll struggle to.

G8RDK 23 November 2008 07:52 PM

now that is a lot easier to take in :lol1: so basically, the thumb wheel to the rear is like driving a normal sti? and all the way to the front (locked?) it wont spin and better grip?

thanx for the replies

Adam K 23 November 2008 08:02 PM

-well, basically the thumb wheel to open is like driving a RWB (actually 35/65, but it feels pretty RWD...)
All the way forward will give a seriously understeering car.
On my car I need some lock to avoid oversteering, only notice on track, but too much and it starts understeeing...

G8RDK 23 November 2008 09:40 PM

nice this is helping me learn how it works, my old v4 sti was ok so what would be the equivalent to a normal sti in terms of settings? and also to menouver the car ie into car parking spots would i need it on open? heard they dont like menouvering

The rookie 24 November 2008 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 8280472)
Indeed, it doesn't alter the torque split or send more power to the front/rear. :Whatever_

Halleluyah, weve gone to ten posts in the thread without someone coming out with that claim, the education process is working!

Simon

Pete 24 November 2008 01:04 PM

Wouldn,t it be easier to say one green light for this, two green lighs for that etc etc??

Just a thought, mines always on one green light.....

The rookie 24 November 2008 07:41 PM

It would if everyone was running the same suspesnion setup, the same geometry, the same tyres, the same engine characteristics and wanted their car to handle the same, otherwise its like saying an Impreza is better than a Transit van, not if you want to move house it ain't!

Simon