ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Would you pay £200+ for earphones? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/723044-would-you-pay-200-for-earphones.html)

Terminator X 05 November 2008 10:03 PM

Would you pay £200+ for earphones?

These ones:

Shure SE530 High Quality Sound Isolating Earphones -USB data cables memory cards mobile phone ipod accessories genuine cover case fascia speakers bluetoth battery dvd media external hard drive

Write up is excellent just not sure if my ears are of good enough quality to appreciate it!

TX.

rallycol 05 November 2008 10:04 PM

Pardon!

Ozzy_555 05 November 2008 10:06 PM

Honestly, no chance :lol1:

dpb 05 November 2008 10:13 PM

Id rather shoulder a decent ghettoblaster

hux309 05 November 2008 10:13 PM

For shure no for ultimate ears yes, got the super fi 5's myself.

Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews

Have a nose around they can be bought cheaper.

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/

They do customs if you want to go further.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...mate-ears-labs

billythekid 05 November 2008 11:17 PM

I have a pair of Senn HD 25-1 IIs and they are BRILLIANT. I use them every day. Not cheap but the sound quality is very good. Not quite £200 but they will set you back a good £140 ish.

The detail of the sound is really something else, and the bass.... its brilliant. I am a bit of a bass junkie as I am quite into bassline and garage and the 25s reproduce the bass perfectly.

The mrs thought I was mad spending that much on a set of cans but when she had a listen she agreed that they were worth it.

StickyMicky 06 November 2008 08:42 AM

think i paid about 130 for my old ones when i was doing the dj thing.

Scoobychick 06 November 2008 09:17 AM

Can anyone here fix headphones? I broke my Shure in ear jobbies at the jack, they only work very intermittently if I hold them in exactly the right place and don't move :cry:

I went out and bought some Bose over ear headphones to replace them with which were quite a few bob but well worth it. In ear headphones are great but a PITA when you have long hair as they end up tangled up in it (see above paragraph re broken Shures :D) :freak3:

ChefDude 06 November 2008 09:39 AM

suzy and i have bose quiet comfort 3s and I think they're worth every penny :)

it's how you perceive the value , i suppose.

SwissTony 06 November 2008 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8248519)
I went out and bought some Bose over ear headphones

whilst drunk ;)

And no, I wouldnt buy £200 earphones when you are just going to coat them in a nice earwax solution within a day....

chocolate_o_brian 06 November 2008 12:18 PM

I wouldn't spend £200 on earphones, but maybe a really good set of DJ headphones. Keep your lugs warm, and I find them more comfortable than ear phones too. (I gots really small ears without proper lobes you see's):)

AndyC_772 07 November 2008 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8248519)
Can anyone here fix headphones? I broke my Shure in ear jobbies at the jack, they only work very intermittently if I hold them in exactly the right place and don't move :cry:

Sal, if you're coming over for the rally tomorrow then bring them with you and I'll take a look.

Scoobychick 07 November 2008 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 8251064)
Sal, if you're coming over for the rally tomorrow then bring them with you and I'll take a look.

Cheers Andy, I would bring them but they're up in Yorkshire and I'm in Herts at the moment :D

SwissTony 07 November 2008 10:12 AM

muppet :D

Scoobychick 07 November 2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8248742)
whilst drunk ;)

And whose fault was that? :mad: :lol1:

SwissTony 07 November 2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8251083)
And whose fault was that? :mad: :lol1:

I didn't force the wine down you did I :lol1:

KiwiGTI 07 November 2008 11:36 AM

Yes, I have and they are well worth it. (Shure)

Gordo 07 November 2008 11:51 AM

no chance - what makes me laugh is the number of people I see with expensive earphones like these listening to ipods - hmmm, getting good quality from that 128kbps track are you?

seriously I don't get it - I can understand the noise cancelling ones if you do lots of flying but if you're listening to good quality sound, then chances are you won't be using headphones?

chocolate_o_brian 07 November 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gordo (Post 8251253)
no chance - what makes me laugh is the number of people I see with expensive earphones like these listening to ipods - hmmm, getting good quality from that 128kbps track are you?

seriously I don't get it - I can understand the noise cancelling ones if you do lots of flying but if you're listening to good quality sound, then chances are you won't be using headphones?

See where you're coming from here. The music I tend to download from various sources now is 320kbps and not 128kbps. On my DJ headphones (Sennheiser) you can really tell the difference as the speakers are so much more filling of the ear, so more sound filters through I think.

Jamescsti 07 November 2008 03:57 PM

I still have the original ones which came with my Ipod 2 years ago, they work fine for the ammount of time I use them

ChefDude 07 November 2008 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
I still have the original ones which came with my Ipod 2 years ago, they work fine for the ammount of time I use them

and we all wish you'd upgrade them because they are just as loud for people sat/stood next to you ;) :D

Daryl 07 November 2008 05:16 PM

Goldring GX200, less than £50, great sound quality and very comfortable with the supplied Comply foam ear tips. :)

Jamescsti 07 November 2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChefDude (Post 8251849)
and we all wish you'd upgrade them because they are just as loud for people sat/stood next to you ;) :D

Lol, I only use them when out walking, I don't use public transport so you don't need to worry about that! ;)

ScoobyDoo555 07 November 2008 07:37 PM

I've got some £80-odd earbuds for the Ipod, and some £400-odd active STAX headphones.

Yes you can tell the difference. The STAX are like liquid honey. Deffo not for listening to MP3(https://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/w...smiley-016.gif)

Would I buy them again - yes, and probably the higher-priced ones too! :D :cool:

dan

ScoTTyB 07 November 2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 8247982)
For shure no for ultimate ears yes, got the super fi 5's myself.

Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews

Have a nose around they can be bought cheaper.

Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

They do customs if you want to go further.

Why Custom Earphones Cost So Much: Inside Ultimate Ears’ Labs | iLounge Article

Got the same headphones. They do a bass version too for errr.....bassy music.

The difference from cheaper headphones to these is big. Worth another £100 on top? If you can afford it, sure.

hux309 08 November 2008 12:26 AM

The eb versions are known for being horribly bassy, why do you think they sell them cheaper. ;)

Id buy customs but i can't atm, and they are £650 a pop. ;)

ash002004 08 November 2008 06:37 AM

when dj'ing the ones i bring with me to clubs cost just under 200 fellas! :thumb: