ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   hi all :-) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/721904-hi-all.html)

jak_daniels 30 October 2008 11:21 PM

hi all :-)

newby here so take it easy on me. ive just sold my honda accord type R and bought an 05 plate blobeye wrx. i pick it up tomorrow and cant wait to be let loose in it . its got an sti rear spoiler and prodrive exhaust. looking forward to tweeking it ever so slightly and keeping it in pristine condition as it is now,any help or advice appreciated, its got 31000 miles with fssh.:thumb:

powerwrx 30 October 2008 11:23 PM

welcome mate, im sure the modding bug will take hold soon enough

290 AND READY 30 October 2008 11:24 PM

Yeah welcome mate:)

phil_wrx 30 October 2008 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jak_daniels (Post 8234962)
newby here so take it easy on me. ive just sold my honda accord type R and bought an 05 plate blobeye wrx. i pick it up tomorrow and cant wait to be let loose in it . its got an sti rear spoiler and prodrive exhaust. looking forward to tweeking it ever so slightly and keeping it in pristine condition as it is now,any help or advice appreciated, its got 31000 miles with fssh.:thumb:

welcome but the one thing u will be wishing is ..... that u got an sti i know i did so i waited 2 years and got one :D

welcome and get on too LADS - Lancashire And District Subaru owners club

Mark'sWRX 30 October 2008 11:46 PM

Welcome and good choice,sir.

Any questions, just ask. You'll usually get plenty of answers!

You'll need to check whether you've just got a Prodrive exhaust or the full Prodrive pack (which would be nice!)

bluenosewrx 31 October 2008 12:22 AM

Again welcome, my first Subaru was a brand new Bugeye WRX, and i to wish i had went for the STi however i loved the car and kept it for 3 and a half years, spent a fortune on it as well, Reg was NV51XJD if someone has it let me know,lol

Since the i have had a Spec C and now own a Black Hawkeye STi, scared to Think how much i have spent on Subaru's over the years and i'll bet i am among the lowest on here, some have spent Hundreds of thousands,lol

Enjoy the car.

Mac

phil_wrx 31 October 2008 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx (Post 8235110)
Again welcome, my first Subaru was a brand new Bugeye WRX, and i to wish i had went for the STi however i loved the car and kept it for 3 and a half years, spent a fortune on it as well, Reg was NV51XJD if someone has it let me know,lol

Since the i have had a Spec C and now own a Black Hawkeye STi, scared to Think how much i have spent on Subaru's over the years and i'll bet i am among the lowest on here, some have spent Hundreds of thousands,lol

Enjoy the car.

Mac

why didnt u keep the spec c?

greatgonzo 31 October 2008 12:34 AM

Welcome mate!!
I sold my Accord type R for an STI I was sorry to see it go:cry:
But now loving the turbo rush:notworthy
I would of thought that an Accord type R would be able to give a standard WRX a good run for its money mine was 215 BHP and quite fast if you canned the nuts out it!!!!

wiley 31 October 2008 12:51 AM

welcome to scoobynet!!!

we get a lot of ex Honda owners on here now, well done

wiley

phil_wrx 31 October 2008 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by wiley (Post 8235158)
welcome to scoobynet!!!

we get a lot of ex Honda owners on here now, well done

wiley

they see the light :D

bighead 31 October 2008 02:00 AM

welcome to our site

jak_daniels 31 October 2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by greatgonzo (Post 8235130)
Welcome mate!!
I sold my Accord type R for an STI I was sorry to see it go:cry:
But now loving the turbo rush:notworthy
I would of thought that an Accord type R would be able to give a standard WRX a good run for its money mine was 215 BHP and quite fast if you canned the nuts out it!!!!

thanks for all the replies :thumb:
yes the type R would prob be up there with a standard wrx and is very under rated, but after going out in my mates focus st the other day i just had to go back to turbo power and needed a 4 door car cause of my kids, so the impreza was purchased. :)

bluenosewrx 31 October 2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 8235118)
why didnt u keep the spec c?

Just had a wee boy mate, beileve you me if it was not for that the Spec C would still be here.

Best car i have owned TBH.

Mac

phil_wrx 31 October 2008 08:16 PM

my next one is a spec c :D