ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mortgage has actually gone down (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/721816-mortgage-has-actually-gone-down.html)

boxst 30 October 2008 05:37 PM

Mortgage has actually gone down

I'm on a 'normal' mortgage with ING and they cut the rate by 0.5% this morning. I was quite surprised as I didn't think these things were being passed on.

Steve

Luminous 30 October 2008 05:42 PM

sounds like good news to me. I need to re-mortgage before the end of the year so lets hope there are a few deals hanging around.

EddScott 30 October 2008 06:12 PM

Mines gone from £380 to £346 since the recent turmoil. I think rates are likely to go down again next Thursday.

fivetide 30 October 2008 07:14 PM

Some have passed on some haven't. Of those that have, even less have passed on the full 0.5% and some, like ING have taken an age to do it!

As above, shop around and have a look at those who do pass cuts on when considering a new mortgage!

5t.

salsa-king 30 October 2008 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 8233865)
sounds like good news to me. I need to re-mortgage before the end of the year so lets hope there are a few deals hanging around.

don't hold your breath, you'll still see 6.5% re mortgage rates with £999 arrangment fees

:(

i've not had HSBC pass the 0.5% down to us yet. either on the house mortgage or on our BTLs.

:(

kingofdbrits 30 October 2008 10:34 PM

My fixed rate will end in a few months so was wondering what kind of rates people are getting?

Not started looking yet but it'll be alot more than the 4.7% i have now!

Scooby Snacks 23 31 October 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 8233940)
Mines gone from £380 to £346 since the recent turmoil. I think rates are likely to go down again next Thursday.

Indeed, there's talk of a 0.5% drop next Thursday and possibly another 0.25% in January/February.

Finger's crossed anyway - my tracker is 0.75% about BoE base rate :thumb:

Fantom 31 October 2008 09:59 AM

I'm on a SVR of 7.24% :(
They haven't put it down.
Need to find a better deal but will wait for the rate to drop again

Paul3446 31 October 2008 12:50 PM

Halifax reduced mine straight away.

Bring on the next cut!

EddScott 31 October 2008 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 8235417)
Indeed, there's talk of a 0.5% drop next Thursday and possibly another 0.25% in January/February.

Finger's crossed anyway - my tracker is 0.75% about BoE base rate :thumb:

I was worried earlier in the year. My special rate was coming off and I couldn't find a decent rate anywhere without these frankly criminal fees applied by the lenders.

I looked at my mortgage details and it turns out after the special rate, mine tracks 1% above base - at the time that sort of product came with a £1000+ fee.

Cocker 31 October 2008 02:27 PM

Im also with ING. My rate has just dropped to 5.39% saving me £70 per month. Im going to pay it as an overpayment though. Ive read the BOE will chop another 0.5% in Nov

Not good for my savings though :(

cookstar 31 October 2008 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cocker (Post 8235995)
Im also with ING. My rate has just dropped to 5.39% saving me £70 per month. Im going to pay it as an overpayment though. Ive read the BOE will chop another 0.5% in Nov

Not good for my savings though :(

Why the :( , I'm assuming you owe more on your mortgage than you have saved?

scoobybubbles 31 October 2008 02:32 PM

We have just renewed our from a company called Kensington! right bunch of jack arses! We are now as of today with The Halifax! mortgage payments have gone from £1,900 to £1,400..... we might be able to afford new tyres for the scoob now!! whoooop whooop!:luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello: :thumb: :luxhello:

Dave T-S 31 October 2008 02:37 PM

Had the foresight to anticipate the rate reductions in January this year, and remortgaged on a BOE Base Rate tracker at just 0.23% over base :D

For some reason HSBC were overwhelmed with demand ;) and pulled the plug to new applicants three weeks after ours was booked :D

As someone with a whopping mortgage and no savings, bring on the speculated 2% or less base rate :)

cookstar 31 October 2008 02:40 PM

I have a combined motgage of £1500, just about to put an offer on another place. Should bring it up to just under £2k P/M :eek:

Cocker 31 October 2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 8236005)
Why the :( , I'm assuming you owe more on your mortgage than you have saved?

Yeah but getting married next year so need every penny!

TelBoy 31 October 2008 04:49 PM

Strap yourselves in, the Bank of England could easily cut interest rates by one whole percent next Thursday, now that will make a nice difference for anyone with a mortgage (even if the full 1% isn't passed on)!!

Scooby Snacks 23 31 October 2008 05:15 PM

I can't see that Telboy, not a whole 1%.

Fingers crossed though eh!!!

Bravo2zero_sps 31 October 2008 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8236300)
Strap yourselves in, the Bank of England could easily cut interest rates by one whole percent next Thursday, now that will make a nice difference for anyone with a mortgage (even if the full 1% isn't passed on)!!

Ooh now that would be nice, i've just had a reduction of £80 a month and that would be another £160 a month off on top. Can't see a 1% drop in one go happening but I really hope they do!

sti-04!! 31 October 2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8236300)

Telboy, i apprieciate (sp??) that you work in the sector but a whole 1% surely not ?

StickyMicky 31 October 2008 09:34 PM

sounds like people are realising that the doom and gloom painted by the media a short while ago was just a bunch of arse, just like i predicted ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 31 October 2008 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8237043)
sounds like people are realising that the doom and gloom painted by the media a short while ago was just a bunch of arse, just like i predicted ;)

Is it doom and gloom mate hence interest rates being cut so drastically! It's when times are good they go sky high.

fast bloke 01 November 2008 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 8237035)
Telboy, i apprieciate (sp??) that you work in the sector but a whole 1% surely not ?

very possibly - The people who were predicting a possible 0.5 last month are now predicting a more than likely 1.0% this month. The basic thing that they have failed to take into account is that even with a tracker mortgage,it takes three months for any increase or decrease to make it into spending money. I think the time that this was most apparent was July 2007, when the May increase hadn't filtered through. The 0.25 increase then will require at least 2.0% now to fix the damage. If they had held steady at 5.25 in March fohh seven for the long term, STG wold be kicking the sh1t out of the dollar and we would have some degree of stability. A 1% cut next month will feel good early next year, but long term it (or even this months cut) will do more harm to your pocket than a long term stable economy

ScoobyWon't 01 November 2008 04:20 AM

My mortgage deal expires in a few hours. What should I look out for to get the best deal?

The Rig 01 November 2008 09:37 AM

im fixed at 5.7 and 6.1% until 2012 and 2014

not too bad a rate to be fixed at i suppose,good to see you lot are actually gettin the benefit of these rate reductions

Flaps 01 November 2008 09:48 AM

Ours with Scottish Widows hasn't come down yeat :( In the past when it has dropped by 0.25% we have saved about £14 but when it has gone up by 0.25% it has cost us £40 more!