ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Mid 2009 mods to do ;) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/721773-mid-2009-mods-to-do.html)

rickya 30 October 2008 12:40 PM

Mid 2009 mods to do ;)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1...son/ricky1.jpg

Right after umming & ahhhing for months Iv decided, thats the good bit. The bad bit is that due to the final costs Im gona have to postpone it to mid next year :( Credit crunchie & twix & all that......So all you MSOC track day junkies can breathe a sigh of relief :D

If anyones interested :smug:

Decat downpipe H&S 3" £180
(mated to existing 2.5" centre & 2.5" Blitz Nur Spec Backbox. Why not all 3", dont confuse me again!)
K&N panel filter £45
TurboSmart (or similar) 3 port solenoid £80
Forge (or similar) Uprated Actuator £140
Fitting labour £250 approx
Remap £200 approx

Total Cost: £895
Plus Fuel £60 approx

That should take me from 327bhp (with HF Top mount) to about 370bhp
......40 bhp for £950.............
......£23 per extra bhp.............
........hmm seems like a bargain! :wonder: :Suspiciou :smug:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2909551_n.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._8126997_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7525329_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6575802_n.jpg

Guv 30 October 2008 01:59 PM

Will you be sleeping at night now:wonder:

rickya 30 October 2008 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Guv 'Spec C' Dhillon (Post 8233333)
Will you be sleeping at night now:wonder:

Yes thanks, now that Iv put that idea to rest till next year!

ps We'r doing AAAARRRRBBB fitting this weekend, dont forget to dress up as a Pirate before you come :D

madisonmonkey 30 October 2008 07:06 PM

Mid 2009? I'm looking for 400+ by then :norty:

Is the Magermiester sorting your arb or are you going to get your hands dirty Ricky?

rickya 30 October 2008 07:34 PM

Monkey if your free Sat afternoon come round, me & Guv are gona butcher my Spec c suspension while trying to fit my AAAARRBB! But pirate costumes are advised & some knowledge of fixing cars also, as we have none!!!
ps all MSOC members welcome! :)

madisonmonkey 30 October 2008 07:47 PM

At your place ricky? I'll bring my spanners..............as long as it's not snowing :D

JonMc 30 October 2008 07:54 PM

Before you start you'll need to swing by mine and pick up my low ramps - they'll give you extra clearance to get under the car whilst keeping the wheels loaded up and not screwing the geometry. You need to keep the wheels loaded when changing the ARBs.

Either that or do it round at mine, but I think your drive is a bit flatter

And you can call me Cap'n Jack!!

Pete 30 October 2008 08:00 PM

I,m lost now, so the above list you,ve posted is what you,re now having done yes.?? :wonder: :wonder: :lol1:

rickya 30 October 2008 09:38 PM

Monkey let me know Il pm you my address :)

John mate your just the chap I need as no doubt me & Guv & monkey will definetley cock things up as none of us have any idea!!!! Il let you know time, Im sure u know where I live :) I probably wont need ramps if I reverse car upto top of my 2 way sloping drive. (if you know what I mean)

Staffi mate dont you start you seem to be prone to slipping down down that slippery slope of expensive never ending mods etc!!! :D If you we'rnt up in Cov we could have made it 4 Spec C's at once :notworthy

Guv 30 October 2008 09:46 PM

We can have a mini Spec C meet:smug:

JonMc 30 October 2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8234589)
John mate your just the chap I need as no doubt me & Guv & monkey will definetley cock things up as none of us have any idea!!!! Il let you know time, Im sure u know where I live :) I probably wont need ramps if I reverse car upto top of my 2 way sloping drive. (if you know what I mean)

:notworthy

I've seen the car on your drive when out walking the dog so yeah. I take it yours is the corner one.

Let me know what time your starting - I'm taking the kids to King George Park for the Halloween hunt in the morning, so after lunch I'm around.:thumb:

rickya 30 October 2008 10:11 PM

Nice one John I think we'l need all the help we can get, & I dont want to cock it up!! ps whats this haloween hunt, I might take my little one as shes been goin on about park & swings all week!!

JonMc 30 October 2008 10:21 PM

It's a freebie run by the council where the kids dress up and then run around the area where the paddling pool is and try and find chocolates. There's a prize for the scariest fancy dress too. Starts at 11 on Saturday.

Budgie 30 October 2008 10:23 PM

jim, dont take any tools
just your camera
this is going to be priceless
i love ricky when he is in panic mode:D

budgie;)

need addy;)

rickya 30 October 2008 10:38 PM

Peter come along & have a laugh at our expense mate :) :)
ps talking about panic mode, do you remember when my car was on the rollers the other day & the fan kicked off!!! Holy sh*t that was a proper panic attack!!!!!!!!!

madisonmonkey 30 October 2008 10:38 PM

Ok budgie, I'll attend in a purely observatory role.......with a camera :lol1:

rickya 30 October 2008 10:43 PM

Note to myself:

Right Il have to get some beers in now & practice fitting this ARB a few times (make it look like iv never done it before) before the whole of the MSOC come around to watch me cock it up :(

Guv 30 October 2008 11:41 PM

Yeah and then blame me!!!!!

Saturday going to be fun, I've got to got work finish at 1pm go to to Ricks fit an ARRRRRBBBB in a funky pirates costume, then apparently go to Sheffield ( YES THATS SHEFFIELD) to see a scoob for someone else, then come back wash the car and go on a photoshoot with Killer up town..............anyone else want to add to the list:wonder:

Budgie 30 October 2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guv 'Spec C' Dhillon (Post 8235031)
Yeah and then blame me!!!!!

Saturday going to be fun, I've got to got work finish at 1pm go to to Ricks fit an ARRRRRBBBB in a funky pirates costume, then apparently go to Sheffield ( YES THATS SHEFFIELD) to see a scoob for someone else, then come back wash the car and go on a photoshoot with Killer up town..............anyone else want to add to the list:wonder:

link?

budgie

rickya 31 October 2008 06:20 PM

We'l be alright :idea:

https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...links-arb.html

Thats pi$s easy :iamwithst

Pete 31 October 2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8234589)

Staffi mate dont you start you seem to be prone to slipping down down that slippery slope of expensive never ending mods etc!!! :D If you we'rnt up in Cov we could have made it 4 Spec C's at once :notworthy

Lol,

Mate, tell me about it, only about 100+k worth in about 3yrs on different cars..:iamwithst :lol1:

I,ve made a promise to myself, once the Spec C is mapped to a nice 350-360 that,ll be me with power on this, it,ll just be handling then, 360 in these cars will be a OOTT of a road car imo...:cool:

rickya 31 October 2008 06:51 PM

£100k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Holy crap :freak3:

Must have been some nice cars, any pics or details?

Pete 31 October 2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8236564)
£100k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Holy crap :freak3:

Must have been some nice cars, any pics or details?

One forged Evo 8 MR running 470bhp Autronic SM4 ECU etc cost about 35k:eek:

3 Forged Cosworths running 450+ cost around 30k......:cry:

One Tommi Mak only running 360bhp but Autronic fitted again, cost with car about 23k....:brickwall :brickwall

22b Ecuteked by TSL cost with car about 29k, car was 27.5k from Litchfiled with only 10k miles on in 2006

P1 De-catted, cost with car new 30k if i remember..:cry:

RS Foucs, standard 19k....

There,s more too, but i can,t stop crying...:lol1: :lol1:

AND THIS IS ALL GENUINE, NO BULL.........:cry: :cuckoo:

There,s near on 150k.....:brickwall :brickwall

Ask Shaun off here, he,ll tell what we,ve both spent like..:lol1: :cuckoo:

woodbutch 31 October 2008 08:26 PM

You'll have no problem fitting it it's dead easy:D

rickya 31 October 2008 10:35 PM

Woodbutch & Maggy & any MSOC members Iv missed please feel free to pop in, maybe go for a blast upto the BattleAxes in Aldenham for a drink after :) At least you two can save the day ;)

Budgie 31 October 2008 10:39 PM

will come ricky
but working till 3

budgie

rickya 31 October 2008 10:40 PM

Staffi you & Shaun are both crazy & earn too much money I think! :lol1:

rickya 31 October 2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by peter budgen (Post 8237224)
will come ricky
but working till 3

budgie

Cool! Any other MSOC member give any of us a bell on the mobile, Il have the ARB sewn up in about 30 mins & then go for a blast & a drink :wonder: :lol1:

JonMc 01 November 2008 11:16 AM

Ricky, what time's the party starting?

Pete 01 November 2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8237228)
Staffi you & Shaun are both crazy & earn too much money I think! :lol1:

Lol,

Agree with the crazy mate for sure, well you,re only here once fella, i,m 42 now and we,ve got no mortgage, no kids so we enjoy ourselves..:thumb: