ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Calling Telboy...? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/721691-calling-telboy.html)

AsifScoob 29 October 2008 09:11 PM

Calling Telboy...?

What happened with the fence issue then please?

Sorry if I missed any updates, please feel free to direct me to a thread with the latest/resolution.

Thanks.

Asif

TopBanana 29 October 2008 09:12 PM

He pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods

Turbohot 29 October 2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 8231924)
He pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods

LOL :lol1:

Then the jailor allowed him the laptop in his cell, to post on Scoobynet :lol1:

dpb 29 October 2008 09:25 PM

I wouldnt recommend the ouside world - not in the current climate :nono:

cossie-nutter 29 October 2008 10:02 PM

Anyone got the link tot he original thread ?

Turbohot 29 October 2008 10:31 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...den-fence.html

cossie-nutter 29 October 2008 10:37 PM

OMFG! How petty!

TelBoy 29 October 2008 10:42 PM

Well :D

We paid the £90 he demanded. For a few weeks the cheque wasn't cashed. Then, about five weeks ago, it was. The stupid little ****. And, spookily (given the timing of your thread), YESTERDAY, i absolutely kid you not, a new gate was fitted. Exactly the same. Except without a coat of Ronseal. And the original gate nowhere to be seen.

Needless to say, it totally destroyed any hope of reconcilliation, we held on to the hope that he would calm down and realise what a tool he was being. But no, cheque cashed, new door fitted, eventually.

Neighbours. Who needs them, when they're like that? Nobody, that's who.

Odds on 29 October 2008 10:47 PM

Got a can of very bright yellow paint going begging here Tel.

Not that I'd offer it to you. I'd not want it to accidently end up on the new gate. :lol1:

Bubba po 29 October 2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8232214)
Except without a coat of Ronseal.

Tel, when you read the instructions did it say:

"Caution - use of this product may cause an irretrievable breakdown in the relationship between your and your neighbour and may result in a not inconsiderable financial cost to yourself" ?

If not, you may have a claim for liability against Ronseal. :D

Torquemada 29 October 2008 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 8232274)
Tel, when you read the instructions did it say:

"Caution - use of this product may cause an irretrievable breakdown in the relationship between your and your neighbour and may result in a not inconsiderable financial cost to yourself" ?

If not, you may have a claim for liability against Ronseal. :D

:lol1: :luxhello:

Bravo2zero_sps 29 October 2008 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8232214)
The stupid little ****. And, spookily (given the timing of your thread), YESTERDAY, i absolutely kid you not, a new gate was fitted. Exactly the same. Except without a coat of Ronseal. And the original gate nowhere to be seen.

Needless to say, it totally destroyed any hope of reconcilliation, we held on to the hope that he would calm down and realise what a tool he was being. But no, cheque cashed, new door fitted, eventually.

Please paint the new gate, please please please! It may send him over the top and you'll be rid of him for good :thumb:

Oh and Tel only 1 l in reconciliation *tuts* ;) :D

wagrain 30 October 2008 12:10 AM

so you bought the gate from him for 90 quid and he's taken it away and not given it to you???

I think thats called theft where I come from!!!

mikefyfe 30 October 2008 03:16 PM

Planting

Tel,

Now that the new gate has gone up, could you now do some judiscious planting in front of it on your side. Maybe something prickly and jaggy like a holly bush so that if he attempts to exercise his right of way he'll get snagged.

Alternatively get some fast growing cover like a Russian Ivy - at the very least it will hide the source of your pain from you.

Mike

TelBoy 30 October 2008 03:24 PM

They're all options of course, Mike, but to be totally honest with you, the best way to erase it from our minds will be to forget about it now. If the officious little scrote wants to paint it his "spethial" colour then he's welcome to do so. At the end of the day he's lost many many £000s buying this property at probably THE worst possible time, so we can draw comfort from that. What goes around comes around... i can bide my time. :)

AsifScoob 31 October 2008 12:48 AM

Tel,

Not surprised by the outcome to be honest. Sorry for you in that this is so irritating. You are not alone however. I moved out of my last place for a variety of reasons, one of them the neighbours.

Luckily I could afford to rent it out and move into a much nicer place.

With the neighbours, I had built a catalogue of misdemeanours over 10 years in length, including threats, abuse, and criminal damage, before giving up trying to be nice and complaining to both the Police and the local authority.

Long story short, the Police had a few words with them, but the local authority screwed me over to such an extent, I hated them more then I hated the neighbours. I will be raising the matter with the Local Govt. Ombudsman FWIW.

Moral of these stories? Bide your time and plan your revenge, as you have said. I am.

Asif