ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So who's enjoying the new series of Spooks then? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/721572-so-whos-enjoying-the-new-series-of-spooks-then.html)

ian_sadler 29 October 2008 12:51 PM

So who's enjoying the new series of Spooks then?

I thinks it still has a quality feel :)

Shocker ending to ep. 1 though .... :eek2:

Scooby Snacks 23 29 October 2008 12:59 PM

I hadn't watched it since Matthew McFadden left, but did enjoy the episodes that were on mnday and last night. I don't know good the fella was that got killed, but I was willing for him to get the car to a safe place before it went up.

Considering it was during the day, I've never seen so little traffic in London!

Leslie 29 October 2008 01:03 PM

I think it is very well done and acted. We always enjoy it but you do have to concentrate to keep up with what is happening at times.

Les :)

swampster 29 October 2008 01:11 PM

Excellent as always...
I reckon this series is gonna be full of a few surprises.. I've half an inkling that Harry Pearce might turn out to be a double agent :)

r32 29 October 2008 01:30 PM

Its brilliant, really enjoy it............

lozgti 29 October 2008 01:54 PM

Not much I watch nowadays but I enjoyed it.

Is it an episode a night program?

Wish 29 October 2008 01:56 PM

Yes enjoying it. But was shocked at the ending in Ep.1
Gutted ..... and I know its only a TV program.

When Harry went to tell his son playing rugby .....

SwissTony 29 October 2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 8230789)
Yes enjoying it. But was shocked at the ending in Ep.1
Gutted ..... and I know its only a TV program.

When Harry went to tell his son playing rugby .....

Me too :cry:
In fact if anyone has seen Wild Geese, you will see the parallels with that scene ...

I wish the makers of Spooks would stop killing off the characters we, as the viwers, like . They did it with the first main character Tom, then the nice blonde agent with her face in the deep fat fryer and now Adam..

stevem2k 29 October 2008 02:35 PM

:thumb:

Randomly killing off characters is one of the bits that makes it standout.. there is no predictability that X will be saved etc .

lozgti 29 October 2008 03:00 PM

Bit like a lot of the books I read.Everyone seems to have jumped on the 'don't give them a happy ending,kick them in the goolies with devestating news' endings

Bar-stewards.Bring back happy feel good endings

Wish 29 October 2008 03:28 PM

Now all I do is looking for the double agents ....

Dont like Ros either, but she's got a great killing streak in her

Jamescsti 29 October 2008 03:34 PM

Love the program, one of the few I actually watch reguarly, was gutted Adam has gone out even though I heard it was coming.

Anyone else heard a rumor that Zoe will make a reappearence?

sti-04!! 29 October 2008 03:57 PM

I liked Zoe :)

I watched the first three episodes last night its quality.

Cant wait till next week :thumb:

swampster 29 October 2008 06:38 PM

The bad news is this series is only 8 episodes long as opposed to the usual 10 :(

Swiss, the Wild Geese link was a deliberate nod

Markus 29 October 2008 06:48 PM

I have to say I rather liked series one and two. The cliffhanger at the end of season one being very well done. I've been meaning to purchase the other seasons for a while, but haven't got round to it. I know that many of the main characters have left/been killed off and replacements have come in. Thankfully Harry is still there though :)

I do like the fact that they are not scared to kill of main characters though, not many shows will do that, or those that do can tend not to survive too long.

I do occasionally see an episode on TV over here, but I know it's cut due to the advert breaks that need to be inserted, so I feel there is some plot being left behind, and sods law denotes it'd be something small but important.

little-ginge 29 October 2008 06:52 PM

Adam.................!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

STORYLINE REVEAL...you'll know if you saw the endings of the last episode..

it looks like another one gets killed next week... they obviously don't like to keep the chaps for too long on this programme:(

Spooks is great... don't like the look of the new chap though. I might ask Harry what he is playing at putting Lucas back in, when I see him in my local Waitrose again:lol1:

Scoobychick 29 October 2008 08:09 PM

I like it when they get killed off, it makes it more exciting :D I like Spooks, it makes being a secret agent look really easy :lol1:

phil_wrx 29 October 2008 08:12 PM

loved it, me and wife dont normally like the same stuff and wife was upset when they killed adam :(

daddyscoob 29 October 2008 09:34 PM

Love it :luxhello:

stevem2k 29 October 2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 8231470)
I do occasionally see an episode on TV over here, but I know it's cut due to the advert breaks that need to be inserted, so I feel there is some plot being left behind, and sods law denotes it'd be something small but important.

S07 is available via torrents Markus...