ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Had my dog put down last week :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/721555-had-my-dog-put-down-last-week.html)

ScoobLou 29 October 2008 11:34 AM

Had my dog put down last week :(

Me and my parents had to make a very hard decision last week.

We decided it was time to have our Bessie (our dog) put down :(

She was 16 and a half and she was finding it hard to walk. She had also started to wee indoors and we knew it was not fair on her.

It was the hardest decision we had ever had to make. She had always been perified of going to the vets so we decided to have the vet come out so she wasn't scared. Mum gave her a sedative an hour before he came as we knew she would probably smell it was the vet so thought it was best if she was sleepy. She went so peacefully.

Its only been a week but I'm still struggling. She was so special to us and we loved her more than words can say.

RIP Bessie, you are always in our hearts.

Sorry for the post but it helps in a way for me to type it out. Still can't really believe she has gone, it hurts so much. :cry:

Here she is, she was a collie x labrator and originally cost us £25, best money ever spent :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...g/PC160007.jpg

Tam the bam 29 October 2008 11:49 AM

Sorry to hear your news Lou, thoughts are with you.

RIP Bessie :(

davegtt 29 October 2008 11:51 AM

Aww, sorry to hear you had to make that decision, been there before and it really hurt me. can't have been easy for you. Just remember the good life she had :thumb:

Alas 29 October 2008 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear that and I understand how hard it is to think about. Try to remember the great life and fun you had with her.:(
Alasdair

RMA26 29 October 2008 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear the News Lou, last time we spoke on MSN you mentioned this

We lost Oscar (cat) on the 1st September:(

We have 2 new kittens (one of which hasn't been well) & although they will never be a replacement for Oscar, they are lots of fun

Snazy 29 October 2008 11:53 AM

:( sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like it was the right thing to do though given her situation.
Good innings all the same.

Well done for being brave enough to do the right thing at the right time.

Turbohot 29 October 2008 01:24 PM

Sorry to know that, Lou. I was thinking about my cats in this context yesterday. It will be very difficult to part with the little souls :( RMA, sorry to know about Oscar.

Leslie 29 October 2008 01:30 PM

Thats an awful decision to have to make. So far I have been lucky enough not to have to do that, our cats have all died of natural causes at ages up to 16 years old.

I am very sorry for you and the way you must be feeling. We found the best thing was to get another pet, it is not being unfaithful to do that, you still have those happy memories with you.

Les

Scoob99 29 October 2008 01:35 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss, know that feeling, I still miss Holly (my white Boxer) everyday, and it has been 5 years, we have another Boxer Ellie in her place now but nothing can repair that broken hearted feeling, but hang on to the happy memories.........RIP Bessie:(
Cheers
Colin

cossie-nutter 29 October 2008 01:44 PM

Gutted for you buddy but 16 + is awesome for a dogs life!

Chin up fella!

J4CKO 29 October 2008 01:58 PM

Had to do that earlier this year, its tough, but you do get over it, the couple of weeks after were hard as it makes you feel a right cnut, ours still seemed happy but was blind, deaf and was covered in sores, couldnt keep her going so it was down the vets, one of the hardest things I have had to do.

We now have a new Dog and he is great, the old one had her innings (15 years) so its time to give this one a great life.

RMA26 29 October 2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 8230699)
Sorry to know that, Lou. I was thinking about my cats in this context yesterday. It will be very difficult to part with the little souls :( RMA, sorry to know about Oscar.

Did i not tell you S?

Turbohot 29 October 2008 02:13 PM

No, you didn't. I always connect your Oscar to our Rubix, as once you said they looked like cousins. Anyway, there is a thread for you in the other dimension.

RMA26 29 October 2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 8230838)
No, you didn't. I always connect your Oscar to our Rubix, as once you said they looked like cousins. Anyway, there is a thread for you in the other dimension.

Roger, over and out..........

MrJim 29 October 2008 03:35 PM

my thoughts go out to you mate, my cat died 10 months ago and i still miss him his name was oscar be strong Jim.:cry:

TonyBurns 29 October 2008 03:41 PM

:(

Turbohot 29 October 2008 03:48 PM

People get attached to their pets.
Our Hammy the Hamster is very much missed. He was buried in our garden under the cherry tree. My girl was heartbroken at his passing. She wrote a moving tribute on a sea pebble for him, that became his grave stone. With the years of rain, waterproof ink markings on the stone have faded away, but the thought of him with us still exists; as strongly as ever. Hamsters don't live long, that's why we will never have them again. It's sad to see them go.

shep ppp 29 October 2008 07:08 PM

Feel for you mate its nearly 2 years since we lost our lab it still hurts at times.

little-ginge 29 October 2008 07:13 PM

Hey Scoob Lou

We had to make the heartbreaking decision to have Ben, our Boxer, put to sleep in May. You did what was best for Bessie, and you know that she is no longer suffering.

I still cry 5mths on, and even though we are picking up a new boxer pup next week, nothing will ever replace Ben, as he was 1 in a million. I have loads of lovely and cherished memories, as I am sure you do of Bessie - treasure these:)

Anna

Torquemada 29 October 2008 07:26 PM

Awww, she looked lovely.
Really sorry to hear of your loss :(

My condolences.

Tom

dunx 29 October 2008 11:29 PM

So sorry for your loss.

I am nearly there with my "old fella", he's got a dicky ticker, some bad days, but more good at the moment.

Weirdly, I worry about his sister's reaction after 14 years together :cuckoo:

Remember the good times :thumb:

Duncan

SiPie 30 October 2008 09:44 AM

So sorry to hear Lou :(

ScoobLou 30 October 2008 05:00 PM

Thank you to everyone for their kind comments and pms.

It really helps knowing that people understand that she wasn't just a pet.

RMA, get in touch mate, send me a mail.

Shes been buried in her favourite place which is the field where the ponies are kept, she always used to run about there in her younger days so least I will have somewhere to go and have a chat with her :D

Thanks all :)

RMA26 03 November 2008 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 8233761)
Thank you to everyone for their kind comments and pms.

It really helps knowing that people understand that she wasn't just a pet.

RMA, get in touch mate, send me a mail.

Shes been buried in her favourite place which is the field where the ponies are kept, she always used to run about there in her younger days so least I will have somewhere to go and have a chat with her :D

Thanks all :)

Sadly we had to put one of the two kittens to sleep on Friday (12 weeks old), he could have had an operation but might not have come back from it so a decision was made

The nerves in his bowel were not formed right, he had an enema a few weeks ago to clear him out but he was backed up again, the operation may have cleared the blockage but for how long

RIP little Zakk:(

Will Email you Lou, we need a catch up

Turbohot 03 November 2008 01:26 PM

Sorry to know about Zakk, Mark. Hat's off to your brother for taking great care of him, and leaving no stone unturned for his wellbeing. It's sad that there was no way out for little Zakk from this everlasting agony but to part.

Take it easy, man.

RMA26 03 November 2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 8241873)

Sorry to know about Zakk, Mark. Hat's off to your brother for taking great care of him, and leaving no stone unturned for his wellbeing. It's sad that there was no way out for little Zakk from this everlasting agony but to part.

Take it easy, man.

Thanks S, least we have happy memories of him