ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   now i know what the banging was!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/721439-now-i-know-what-the-banging-was.html)

sarasquares 28 October 2008 08:04 PM

now i know what the banging was!!

my cross member is hanging off :eek:

noticed it today as i drove away from the garage that put my ball joints in. every time i put my foot on the gas pedal i felt a hard thump/bang under the car and when i was just driving slowly i could hear loads of different noises coming from under my feet :wonder:

a few years ago i had a clutch fitted by someone from here, i had no end of problems. it turned out that they had bolted the gear box to the cross member with a 6" bolt, about 20 washers were used. i have just had a new gear box fitted and this is when it was pointed out to me. i was advised to get the bolt changed bla bla bla................the bolt was stable at this time.

a month later the bolt has pulled through the floor of the car, under the carpet, this must have just happened today. tomorrow i am driving to North Yorkshire

i have taken my own advise and will not go to cowboys again as i want to live a bit longer :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 28 October 2008 09:06 PM

Sara, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. There are some really cowboys around that are willing to take some people for a ride (excuse the pun).

I hope you get it fixed correctly.

take care

stevecrc 28 October 2008 09:12 PM

Its them cowboys that give the motor trade a bad name.
I own my own workshop and if something aint 100% it dont go back to the customer.
I try telling my apprentice that you could very easly kill someone if you leave something loose or not fit it correctly.

sarasquares 28 October 2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD (Post 8229454)
Sara, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. There are some really cowboys around that are willing to take some people for a ride (excuse the pun).

I hope you get it fixed correctly.

take care

my car has been like that for over 3 years and i never knew, thats scarey.

i have managed to get hold of a mobile mechanic from Markyate who is coming in the morning, hopefully he can fix it, then i will have to clear the roads of snow before i set of to Yorkshire :D

i think i better look at the weather forecast :wonder:

how are you anyway?

SC008Y_MAD 28 October 2008 09:56 PM

Sara, I am great thanks for asking. Job hunting....again which gets me down every now and then, but hay ho, thats live. Parents are great to. We all love living in this neck of the woods. Far far nicer than Harp.
You should come up to the next MK meet that Scoobybubbles is going to arange.
Take care

sarasquares 28 October 2008 10:01 PM

as you know, my car has been off the road all summer so i am behind with everything atm. when the car is fixed i will have to get my arse into gear :thumb:

you are always job hunting :D

SC008Y_MAD 28 October 2008 10:04 PM

:D