ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   classic impreza 2.0 gl (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/721405-classic-impreza-2-0-gl.html)

fatboy grim 28 October 2008 06:14 PM

classic impreza 2.0 gl

would you buy a classic impreza 2.0 gl, i do (60+ miles ) every day for work 6 days a week, :cuckoo: or wait till funds permit then get a turbo :notworthy :notworthy

has anybody got any info on these as i have searched the net to no avail, :brickwall

previously owned a my02 bugeye sti until made redundant :cry: , i know there will be no comparison between the 2 but i'm just sick of driving the french crap that i got now :eek: , thanks.

weso 28 October 2008 06:18 PM

Look here - .:ImprezaSport.net:.
Wes :)

fatboy grim 28 October 2008 06:22 PM

cheers weso, knew there was something out there just couldn't seem to find the link :thumb:

Connor_scotland 28 October 2008 06:53 PM

I have a 2ltr sport mate

I love it - Probably because i havent had a turbo Impreza before

fatboy grim 28 October 2008 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8229055)
I have a 2ltr sport mate

I love it - Probably because i havent had a turbo Impreza before

do these still have the boxer engine ??

SC008Y_MAD 28 October 2008 08:59 PM

Yes :)

I have a Sport to. I have owned it for almost 30 months and I love he very much. I will be sad to see her go when the times comes. They are great cars and suprise a few people, well mine does anyways. Please feel free to 'view my scooby' to give you inspiration.

People that say, just get a Turbo are bonkers. Compared to a turbo, they are slow, but isn't that obvious :rolleyes: And also thinking you might get left out if you took it to subaru meets, that is absolute rubbish. I have never been left out, actually quite the opposite.

Rubberscooby 29 October 2008 08:04 PM

I have a sport and love it ! Great handling ! Cheap on insurance ! I'm 29 and its under 300 quid fully comp. It might not have the power of a turbo but there is only so fast you can go the roads today. And if a turbo owner is seen nailing it he only get's ragged to bits on here for giving Impreza drivers a bad name. I would get her one.

Underworld 29 October 2008 11:06 PM

its an impreza.....and it drives like one.... just without turbo and extra costs:P:P

fatboy grim 29 October 2008 11:08 PM

looks like i could be back in impreza ownership in the very near future :luxhello: :luxhello:

Ozzy_555 29 October 2008 11:18 PM

Had a sport sold it and bought a Turbo more expense but way more excitement :norty:

fatboy grim 29 October 2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ozzy_555 (Post 8232356)
Had a sport sold it and bought a Turbo more expense but way more excitement :norty:

still regret selling the sti, but needs must at the time :(

GC8 29 October 2008 11:35 PM

No: their fuel economy is rubbish and they're pretty asthmatic.