ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What seats are these? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/719936-what-seats-are-these.html)

f1_fan 21 October 2008 12:02 PM

What seats are these?

Can you tell me what seats these are (Ebay link), the ad says 04, but I think they are earlier, from an STI 7 maybe.

I did message the seller but received no response and now they have been relisted.

The thing is I don't want 04 seats, I want the earlier ones and these look like them - are they?

04 SUBARU IMPREZA STI INTERIOR SEATS DOOR CARD BREAKING on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 27-Oct-08 14:52:54 GMT)

TIA

53 21 October 2008 12:14 PM

Grossly overpriced too !!!

Look like 7's to me ?

Dowsie WRX 21 October 2008 12:16 PM

Grossly overpriced!

Jap Performance Parts have full sets for £400 - £450

wiley 21 October 2008 12:36 PM

same as mine, sti7 seats from a bug
bit expensive though

wiley

Hammer man 21 October 2008 12:48 PM

They are the same as mine that I took out of my 04 STI. I agree also,,,, overpriced.

f1_fan 21 October 2008 12:59 PM

Yes I agree on the price and was intending to make him a sensible offer. Thing is he is local to me whereas Jap Performance Parts aren't and I want to see before I buy.

OK so the above posts are conflicting.

I had an STI 03 MY and the seats were not like those. Now above Hammer Man says they are the same as his 04 STI yet further up we have the opinion they are bugeye STI seats which is what I was hoping.

The 03 STI seats were pretty poor, too wide hence why I want STI 7 seats, but don't want to waste my time if these are not they. So any conclusive answers as to what they are?

They dont have the black bit on the seat mine had and the blue 'flutes' at the top of the seat angle out rather than curve out like the 03 STI seats and they look narrower, but are they? LOL! Maybe I should just go and take a look.

GC8 21 October 2008 03:57 PM

Nased on prices that friends have paid: Id say that they were worth about £300-£350.

f1_fan 21 October 2008 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8213125)
Nased on prices that friends have paid: Id say that they were worth about £300-£350.

Yes I agree they are way overpriced but they have been relisted so at some point I think he may want to get sensible over the price.

I just need to make sure they are what I think they are.

Might help if he responded to his Ebay messages :Whatever_

turboDean 21 October 2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8212802)
Yes I agree on the price and was intending to make him a sensible offer. Thing is he is local to me whereas Jap Performance Parts aren't and I want to see before I buy.

OK so the above posts are conflicting.

I had an STI 03 MY and the seats were not like those. Now above Hammer Man says they are the same as his 04 STI yet further up we have the opinion they are bugeye STI seats which is what I was hoping.

The 03 STI seats were pretty poor, too wide hence why I want STI 7 seats, but don't want to waste my time if these are not they. So any conclusive answers as to what they are?

They dont have the black bit on the seat mine had and the blue 'flutes' at the top of the seat angle out rather than curve out like the 03 STI seats and they look narrower, but are they? LOL! Maybe I should just go and take a look.

Defo Sti 7 (2001) seats IMHO

f1_fan 21 October 2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean (Post 8213193)
Defo Sti 7 (2001) seats IMHO

Cheers, I think so too. Now to see if I can get a response out of him LOL! You would think in these harsh economic times ... :Whatever_

Midlife...... 21 October 2008 10:48 PM

F1 fan

Just my 2p worth :)

The seats for the Bugeye / Blobeye were a bit of a dogs breakfast as to what actually got screwed into place into the factory .... :(

If you are looking for narrower seats which hold you in place then these are what you want :) "STi 8" jobbies as per the silver steering wheel :D

They have steeper sides to the seat squab (spelling) and a black patch between the legs LOL

http://www.todoroki-trading.com/stoc...STi/image5.jpg

I have them in my bugeye, a bit tricky if you have keys in the pocket as they dig in and I have to take them out LOL !

Shaun

Hammer man 22 October 2008 04:57 PM

Sorry F1 Fan and all the others regarding these seats....I said yesterday that they were the same as ones I took out of my 04 STI... They are not.. Appologies to you all.... Im now off to smash my head against a wall:brickwall

f1_fan 22 October 2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer man (Post 8215766)
Sorry F1 Fan and all the others regarding these seats....I said yesterday that they were the same as ones I took out of my 04 STI... They are not.. Appologies to you all.... Im now off to smash my head against a wall:brickwall

No worries mate, it's not exactly easy to work out what seats are what hence this post LOL! :D

f1_fan 22 October 2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 8214236)
F1 fan

Just my 2p worth :)

The seats for the Bugeye / Blobeye were a bit of a dogs breakfast as to what actually got screwed into place into the factory .... :(

If you are looking for narrower seats which hold you in place then these are what you want :) "STi 8" jobbies as per the silver steering wheel :D

They have steeper sides to the seat squab (spelling) and a black patch between the legs LOL

http://www.todoroki-trading.com/stoc...STi/image5.jpg

I have them in my bugeye, a bit tricky if you have keys in the pocket as they dig in and I have to take them out LOL !

Shaun

Thanks for the post, the link you posted are the wider STI 8 seats I had in mine though, well I think they are LOL! This is getting confusing :Suspiciou

Midlife...... 22 October 2008 11:06 PM

f1 fan

Tricky :)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=751575&noPics=6&imgsrv=1&current=4& make=SUBARU&model=impreza|sti|wrx

these are my seats and they are not "wide" by any means LOL

The Spec C Jobbies of all ages also look similar......here's a very nice car which I would like to own :)

MY 06 specs - Type-RA.co.uk - Forum for Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, WRX STi, Spec-C, S202, Type RA-R

Looks like you will have to see them in the flesh and sit on them :D

Shaun