ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Futurama returns on Sunday 26th (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/719707-futurama-returns-on-sunday-26th.html)

PeteBrant 20 October 2008 09:41 AM

Futurama returns on Sunday 26th

Brand new episodes :D

Man, I love Futurama. It's better than Simpsons, and at least as good as family guy.

My Favourite ever bit is when Fry goes to Mars University with Gunther the monkey, and they are taking an exam. Fry is sitting next to Gunther. Gunther is dreaming about returning to the forest and day dreaming and doodling bananas on his exam paper.
Fry is sneaking a look at what Gunther is writing, and then the screen cuts to Frys paper, and it shows really bad drawings of bananas, then Fry chuckles confidently to himself.

Brilliant :D

Uurrgghh! 20 October 2008 09:48 AM

Another fan here. Glad to see they've decided to keep this going!

billythekid 20 October 2008 09:55 AM

On Sky or normal TV?

billythekid 20 October 2008 09:56 AM

Oh, have you been watching the films? The next one is due out in a few weeks.

Uurrgghh! 20 October 2008 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by billythekid (Post 8209981)
Oh, have you been watching the films? The next one is due out in a few weeks.

Some fan I am, I didn't know they made any!

PeteBrant 20 October 2008 10:11 AM

Its on Sky One.

I've not seens the Movies yet, I'll ait until they are all out (there's 4 isnt there?) and then pick them up cheap cos no one will buy them :)

RyanSTI 20 October 2008 11:08 AM

i love futurama, my fav episode is when they go back in time to a ufo landing, and fry has sex with this woman, only to find out its his granmother! ****ing well funny!

little-ginge 20 October 2008 11:10 AM

:luxhello: woo-hoo!!bite my shiney metal ass!!:luxhello:

I love Futurama.. saw 'Futurama-The Beast with A Billion Backs' at the weekend

I'll never understand why they cancelled the show in the first place - it's fab:thumb:

jiffthejiffmanjaffa 20 October 2008 11:24 AM

I can wait, what were Fox thinking cancelling it in the first place!!!!!!!

spectrum48k 20 October 2008 12:53 PM

Yeah, I saw this. Fantastic news.

The films are good, but just feel too long.

It's got to be the episode when Fry wins a trip to the SLURM factory, when they completely rip off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

https://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0...urmfactory.jpg

Come to think of it, Family Guy also ripped this off in the Pawtucket Brewery episode!! ;)

NB: Just checked the Sky Schedules and this Sunday, they're showing one of the Futurama DVD releases that never got aired on TV - Bender's Big Score.

Klaatu 20 October 2008 12:55 PM

Awesome!

billythekid 20 October 2008 01:20 PM

2 films have been done, the 3rd is out in a couple of weeks.

MrRA 20 October 2008 01:39 PM

Brilliant. The Simpsons has lost it's homour now IMO. I find the new episodes very boring indeed and just no longer funny.

Futurama should never have stopped. It has a load of potential.

Zap Brannigan has to be my favourite character.

Geezer 20 October 2008 02:04 PM

Futurama is the best cartoon ever IMO. Even Matt Groening admitted he though it was better/funjier than the Simpsons, but the Simpsons just caught peoples imaginations. (I do think the Siompsons at it's height was very funny though).

I managed to pick up all of the box sets of Futurama for very cheap last year, what a bargain!

The films are good too, can't wait for the new series to start!

Geezer

angrynorth 20 October 2008 05:18 PM

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun, but these new episodes are nothing more than the film split into 4 episodes. So if you have seen the films, then you've seen this new "series" too.

I wish they would bring it back properly though, the films are good but they are no substitute for a proper series.

Geezer 20 October 2008 06:29 PM

There are plans for 13 episodes, so there may be new ones on top of the split up movie(s).

I certainly hope so.

Geezer

billythekid 20 October 2008 08:05 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:(

I did find it odd when I went onto a certain ahem filesharing site and did a search on it I could not find anything from the new season.

Well, one good thing the next film is out in a few weeks.

Nat 20 October 2008 09:00 PM

Never got on with Futurama.

Not as bad as Simpsons is now though :(

tath 20 October 2008 09:31 PM

Hence the reason the films seem too long... they're 3 or 4 episodes pasted together which was the original plan for them iirc.