ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Parking opposite my drive!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/719513-parking-opposite-my-drive.html)

beal 19 October 2008 12:10 PM

Parking opposite my drive!!!

:mad: A van has been parked opposite my driveway for the past two days,
they are staying in a house 3 doors up the road,
Its got french plates on it and is stuffed full of clothes and personal belongings,the house they are staying at is council rented,
Not only am i wondering the obvious.........but its a nightmare to get the cars out of the drive!!:mad: Is it illegal to park opposite someones drive way??

stevebt 19 October 2008 12:18 PM

Its not even illegal for him to park ON YOUR drive never mind opposite it :)

mart360 19 October 2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by beal (Post 8208101)
:mad: A van has been parked opposite my driveway for the past two days,
they are staying in a house 3 doors up the road,
Its got french plates on it and is stuffed full of clothes and personal belongings,the house they are staying at is council rented,
Not only am i wondering the obvious.........but its a nightmare to get the cars out of the drive!!:mad: Is it illegal to park opposite someones drive way??

Unless there are specific parking restrictions, then providing its taxed and insured, its fair game to park anywhere as long as its safe to do so.

it makes me laugh with people getting irate over a bit of road they dont own,

we have a guy near us who goes bonkers saying " but ive always parked there"....

you can just see the new amendment to the PC highway code, :D

Sec 4.6 (a)

Parking:

(a) you must not park where restrictions are in force, or if it is unsafe to do so.

(b) You must not park in front of 27a Arcatia Avenue, or 46 London road, as the residents have parked there for 10 years,

etc etc

mart :D:D

Aaron1978 19 October 2008 01:22 PM

knock on their door and ask them politely to move it as its difficult to get your cars out, see what they say. Chances are their prob not going to be there long. As soon as it does move park your car there in case they come back:)

Hol 19 October 2008 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8208240)
knock on their door and ask them politely to move it as its difficult to get your cars out, see what they say. Chances are their prob not going to be there long. As soon as it does move park your car there in case they come back:)

And if they don't:

enquire on the day they wil be leaving to get a ferry/eurostar home and then park a car tight in front and behind, so they miss it :D

Aaron1978 19 October 2008 01:41 PM

you could just call customs and say you've seen people pulling tobacco from behind door cards from a car with french plates etc:lol1: i'm sure it'll get moved then!

p.s this is the cnuts way of getting rid of it and i would never do this;)

PaulC72 19 October 2008 02:37 PM

We have a narrow raod and people always park opposite our drive making it hard to get the cars off but hey ho normally a nail in the tyres sorts that ;)

Joking aside if it is causing that much of a problem you can ask them nicely to move it and if they are nice people they will or they may just smack you around a little, who knows...

Call the council report squatters hehe.

richardg 20 October 2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 8208146)
it makes me laugh with people getting irate over a bit of road they dont own,

we have a guy near us who goes bonkers saying " but ive always parked there"....

when my grandad moved into his current place, one fo the neighbours got upset when we parked in his "summer space". after ranting and raving 4 or 5 times about this (i know he has no exclusive rights to park in any specific place as i know the solicitor who is an executor for the trust which owns the development and have spoken to him about this), he then proceeded to tell us where else we couldn't park, ie his "winter space" :lol1:

...needless to say, i like parking in both of those spaces :smug:

richardg 20 October 2008 08:41 AM

we have similar problem now and then in our street, but having been made a parking permit zone (supported by all of the residents), a couple of years ago, things have improved

the worst offenders are the neighbours though. they think they own the street and can park as selfishly as they like or speed whenever they like. actually quite funny to see how worked up some of them get about others when they're the worst offenders :freak3:

cossie-nutter 20 October 2008 08:49 AM

You could always buy this off me and that will make him move it! ;) :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/S7300928.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/S7300930.jpg

MOK79 20 October 2008 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter (Post 8209892)
You could always buy this off me and that will make him move it! ;) :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/S7300928.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/S7300930.jpg

How much would you sell this for. I could do with one of these for my old mans place. Some guy keeps parking his car up my dads drive :eek2:

Janspeed 21 October 2008 01:22 PM

Set fire to his van.

Then ask him if he wants to park there anymore?

RS_Matt 21 October 2008 01:26 PM

We have a garage in a shared yard and the inbreds in my village never think twice about parking infront of it, once there were 4 cars blocking us in, took ages to get them all to move their cars and get some of them out of bed to move their cars, I know some see it as trivial but I think people are scum who do this.

There is an access road too to the yard that people are always parking infront of, even though there are faded double yellow lines, you beep to make them move and they just stare as it's your problem.

Janspeed 21 October 2008 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 8212858)
We have a garage in a shared yard and the inbreds in my village never think twice about parking infront of it, once there were 4 cars blocking us in, took ages to get them all to move their cars and get some of them out of bed to move their cars, I know some see it as trivial but I think people are scum who do this.

There is an access road too to the yard that people are always parking infront of, even though there are faded double yellow lines, you beep to make them move and they just stare as it's your problem.

Agree, they should be beaten.

StickyMicky 21 October 2008 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8208240)

much better for him to say this instead ;)

déplacez votre fourgon foutu hybride vous baise immigrée de slacker, si vous ne faites pas, je découpera votre tête et l'alimentera à mon chien

will help if you look a bit mad and crazy when you say it ;)

Janspeed 21 October 2008 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8212906)
much better for him to say this instead ;)

déplacez votre fourgon foutu hybride vous baise immigrée de slacker, si vous ne faites pas, je découpera votre tête et l'alimentera à mon chien

will help if you look a bit mad and crazy when you say it ;)

LMAO :lol1:

wagrain 21 October 2008 01:58 PM

Not too good with French, is it along the lines of:

"move your bloody van you mongrel immigrant slacker, if you don’t, I will cut off your head and feed it to my dog"

StickyMicky 21 October 2008 02:00 PM

something like that :lol1:

richardg 22 October 2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 8212858)

trolley jack ;)