ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cosmetic Surgery - For a Bloke ????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/719472-cosmetic-surgery-for-a-bloke.html)

jods 19 October 2008 09:15 AM

Cosmetic Surgery - For a Bloke ?????

Many years ago, I came off a bike (no double entendres required)
Half of the left side of my forehead and cheekbone was left on the road.

I am pretty fortunate that the damage hasn't left me blinded but it has left me with an eye socket (left) lower than my right and also half an eyebrow on the left.

Are there any bods on here who have had any kind of reconstructive surgery, years after the fact? Can you get in on NHS or do I need to steel myself for a huge cost to rebuild?

JTaylor 19 October 2008 09:54 AM

Absolutely. If it made me and my family happier, I'd have no hesitation.

TopBanana 19 October 2008 09:58 AM

See your GP and ask to be referrered to a maxillofacial surgeon. You might have to swallow your pride and emphasise the impact it's having on your life.

zs_phil 19 October 2008 10:13 AM

like above say its having an impact on your life ,over exaggerate a little ie affecting your relationship with your wife, you dont like going out the house and affecting your work

j4ckos mate 19 October 2008 01:27 PM

put a pic up then put it to the vote

richardg 20 October 2008 08:49 AM

i must be much less observant than i used to be....

someone i know had an industrial accident (very different of course, but some of this is relevant) and completely crushed his left hand and about 3-4" of his forearm in a machine (was flat and about 20mm thick). after a couple of years, the hand had been rebuilt with bone, titanium, pins, tissue from arms, legs etc and he now has "80%" use.

there are still lots of scars and i'm not sure whether he's going any further with more surgery but he has the option on the nhs although surgeons have suggested that other routes may be available.

i believe it is reasonably common for people to opt for additional surgery in these sort of situations. anything is possible to some extent - then there's the cost to consider....

[tea delivery wed morning btw and there's likely to be more where that came from, so will let you know when i'm travelling next :thumb: ]

PeteBrant 20 October 2008 08:56 AM

I would definitely go to your GP and have a chat with him. If it is having an impact on your life, then there is every reason why you should get it sorted.

davegtt 20 October 2008 09:10 AM

For the reasoning you give then its absolutely fine IMO. If its for someone being vein etc then no. Expect to have the pee taken.

Good luck if you decide to go for it :thumb:

r32 20 October 2008 12:31 PM

The bells ............ the bells made me deaf ........... what was that?