ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Macclesfield petrol station owners are nothing but dirty fcuking thieves (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/719456-macclesfield-petrol-station-owners-are-nothing-but-dirty-fcuking-thieves.html)

CrisPDuk 19 October 2008 12:25 AM

Macclesfield petrol station owners are nothing but dirty fcuking thieves

Went to work, in Ashton Under Lyne, on the bike yesterday. it went onto reserve just as I was approaching the Shell station in Ashton, V Power was only (?) 105.9/L, so I thought I'd treat it :D

Back at home in Macclesfield this morning the fuel light came on in the car, so I stopped at the Shell station just up the road from me, normal unleaded 106.9/L :eek::mad:

Needless to say I'm going to work in the car on Monday, if I don't use it between now and then there will be more than enough fuel left to get me there :)

Dedrater 19 October 2008 12:28 AM

Fuel by me in all Supermarkets is 99.9 at the mo, for normal

f1_fan 19 October 2008 12:38 AM

They are all thieves, oil prices are on the floor yet we are still paying way over the odds.

corradoboy 19 October 2008 01:07 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008...41_468x242.jpg

Dedrater 19 October 2008 01:18 AM

We are below 89 now though arnt we( crude oil) :wonder:

corradoboy 19 October 2008 01:42 AM

Got as low as $72.

Dedrater 19 October 2008 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 8207752)
Got as low as $72.

Is there an 'equation' for this to work out REAL costs?:confused:

ScoobyWon't 19 October 2008 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 8207693)
Went to work, in Ashton Under Lyne, on the bike yesterday. it went onto reserve just as I was approaching the Shell station in Ashton, V Power was only (?) 105.9/L, so I thought I'd treat it :D

I went to work on my bike, I treated it by free-wheeling downhill, and peddaling uphill on the return journey. :)

I didn't need/use any V-Power at all :confused:

CrisPDuk 19 October 2008 04:02 AM

There's always one:rolleyes:

From my house to my office is roughly 20 miles, I'd probably have a heart attack before I got half way if I tried pedalling it :eek:

cossie-nutter 19 October 2008 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8207761)
I went to work on my bike, I treated it by free-wheeling downhill, and peddaling uphill on the return journey. :)

I didn't need/use any V-Power at all :confused:

AFPMSL!!! :lol1:

£1.09 for V Power in St Ives Shell Garage (Cambs!)

Ian 19 October 2008 09:25 AM

111.9 in newmarket road, cambridge shell garage for v power yesterday

zip106 19 October 2008 11:56 AM

The reason for the price difference between oil and petrol is because the £ is on it's arse against the $.
£'s need to be changed into $'s before the oil can be bought therefore the higher the $ the higher petrol over here is.
In the USA petrol is about $1.00 per gallon lower now than a few months back.

hutton_d 19 October 2008 01:13 PM

Had to fill up in Strafford yesterday. 99.9 for unleaded but I was getting diesel - 110.9p - from Esso - though it was right next door to an Asda so that probably explains it. I wasn't complaining though ...

One thing I've not been able to find is a graph of oil price over, say, the last year with petrol price on the same timeline. So you can compare how each rises and falls. (Though there will be some variation as the £/$ exchange rate will come into it somewhere). Anyone else found one?

Dave

f1_fan 19 October 2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 8208080)
The reason for the price difference between oil and petrol is because the £ is on it's arse against the $.
£'s need to be changed into $'s before the oil can be bought therefore the higher the $ the higher petrol over here is.

Sorry that is just another convenient excuse peddled by the profitering oil companies.

Oil is a global commodity and the US dollar price is a benchmark, nothing more.

Fact: Oil is now cheaper than any time in the last 2 years at least.

mykp 19 October 2008 04:57 PM

did you not see the article in the macc express about macclesfield petrol prices?

Macc is still the high price capital - News - Macclesfield Express

this is the second article, the first being this one:

Drivers fuming over petrol pump scandal - News - Macclesfield Express

fivetide 19 October 2008 05:42 PM

Bit miffed with our local Shell station TBH. V-Power normally 7p more than standard unleaded which is 100.9 at the moment. V-Power 109.9 though the scamps!

5t.

j4ckos mate 19 October 2008 05:54 PM

Cars in Macc, no way, thought you'd be more concerned about the price of hay.

CRIspduk,

can you use that cylceway that go's from macc to stockport on your way to and from work, the disused railway line.

i bet that would be a nice commute

zip106 19 October 2008 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8208312)
Sorry that is just another convenient excuse peddled by the profitering oil companies.

Oil is a global commodity and the US dollar price is a benchmark, nothing more.

Fact: Oil is now cheaper than any time in the last 2 years at least.

If you like.

j4ckos mate 19 October 2008 07:22 PM

Middlewod way

can you use that on your bike commute

CrisPDuk 19 October 2008 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8208968)
Middlewod way

can you use that on your bike commute

:lol1:

Even with the drastic weight loss programme that it's just undergone, I don't think I'm going to be able to lift this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...aintedTank.jpg

over the barriers at either end :(

Besides, it only runs as far as Marple ;)

CrisPDuk 19 October 2008 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 8208080)

So let me get this straight, the Shell station in Ashton are getting a better £/ $ exchange rate from their bank than their Macclesfield associates, and that's why there is such an obscene price difference :wonder:

And I thought Shell UK did all the buying/refining and then distributed according to individual requirement ;)

Mitchy260 20 October 2008 09:32 AM

I believe morrisons have slashed another 2p off the price of fuel this morning.

97.9 and 108.9 respectively for petrol/diesel

Tesco are still at 99.9/111.9 but do offer the 5p discount.

cossie-nutter 20 October 2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mitchy260 (Post 8209947)
I believe morrisons have slashed another 2p off the price of fuel this morning.

97.9 and 108.9 respectively for petrol/diesel

Tesco are still at 99.9/111.9 but do offer the 5p discount.

I just heard the same on Radio 1 News Beat! :lol1: :D

boxst 20 October 2008 09:38 AM

Yes, I just went passed the Morrison's down the road and it is 97.9p with a suitably large queue at the pumps.

Steve

austinwrx 20 October 2008 12:53 PM

yep 97.9 p at morrisons in Bradford.

shame I filled the tank on friday at 99p !!! Oh well. be gone in a few days anyway :cry:

j4ckos mate 20 October 2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 8209557)
:lol1:

Even with the drastic weight loss programme that it's just undergone, I don't think I'm going to be able to lift this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...aintedTank.jpg

over the barriers at either end :(

Besides, it only runs as far as Marple ;)

ok fair enough, i thought you were cycling,
my and j4cko went down there on aour mountain bikes the other year, its a nice flat run thats all i was thinking,

mykp 20 October 2008 02:55 PM

just been from Bollington to Over Peover and vpower was 111.9 at Tytherington 113.9 at Broken cross, then 110.9 at Chelford!

zip106 20 October 2008 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 8209581)
So let me get this straight, the Shell station in Ashton are getting a better £/ $ exchange rate from their bank than their Macclesfield associates, and that's why there is such an obscene price difference :wonder:

And I thought Shell UK did all the buying/refining and then distributed according to individual requirement ;)

I'm sure you're not that dense to realise I meant the price differential between a barrel of oil and a litre/gallon of petrol, and not between different service stations :razz:

All the info you and F1 fan need -
Crude Oil Price Forecast