ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Prepare for a stroppy thread... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/719430-prepare-for-a-stroppy-thread.html)

BOB.T 18 October 2008 10:08 PM

Prepare for a stroppy thread...

...Sal's just updated the software on her phone and judging by the chuntering I'm guessing it's not going too well! :eek:

Bob, hiding behind his laptop screen! :D

FlightMan 18 October 2008 10:14 PM

Women, know your limits!! :thumb:

YouTube - Women Know Your Limits

:D

BOB.T 18 October 2008 10:32 PM

I think there's been limited success...'ooh, the iPhone does that' was shrieked a moment ago :wonder:

stevem2k 18 October 2008 10:34 PM

Does it make the tea ?

little-ginge 18 October 2008 10:36 PM

Poor Sal:lol1:

little-ginge 18 October 2008 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BOB.T (Post 8207459)
I think there's been limited success...'ooh, the iPhone does that' was shrieked a moment ago :wonder:

That was when she figured out how to turn it on, right?:Suspiciou

RikTee 18 October 2008 10:37 PM

don;t even get me started if its the iphone software update :mad: :mad: :mad:

updated mine yesterday, lost everyting and wouldnt restore from itunes - kept comingup with uknown error :wonder: :wonder: :mad: :mad:

Rich

Scoobychick 18 October 2008 10:38 PM

It's done and working beautifully :smug: (Now that I've spent an hour changing ALL the settings back to how I had them :mad:).

SwissTony 18 October 2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8207471)
It's done and working beautifully :smug: (Now that I've spent an hour changing ALL the settings back to how I had them :mad:).

and there speaks a woman who said she would never get one :rolleyes: :smug:

Scoobychick 18 October 2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8207477)
and there speaks a woman who said she would never get one :rolleyes: :smug:

I haven't got an iPhone, I've just done a firmware update on my ricketty old N95 8GB so :p

I will get an iPhone when it does all the things I want it to :thumb:

Lee247 18 October 2008 10:44 PM

My phone is a rather fetching pink colour. My Son tells me it does all sorts of amazing things. No idea, I just use it to chinwag to Sal, all day :D

Dan Gleebits 18 October 2008 10:45 PM

:lol1:

SwissTony 18 October 2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8207481)
I haven't got an iPhone, I've just done a firmware update on my ricketty old N95 8GB so :p

just as well as you obviously do not have the technical ability nor nonce to handle such a phone. Stick with what you know and within your limts :thumb: ;)

Dedrater 18 October 2008 11:00 PM

Can someone tell me something good about the iphone (that other phones on the market don't do better) apart from the interface?

SwissTony 18 October 2008 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 8207523)
Can someone tell me something good about the iphone (that other phones on the market don't do better) apart from the interface?

The interface is really good :D ;)

Scoobychick 18 October 2008 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 8207523)

No :lol1:

Dedrater 18 October 2008 11:06 PM

I don't get it either, there are much better phones on the market, just mac boys love them!

ScoTTyB 19 October 2008 12:19 AM

screen size.

Dedrater 19 October 2008 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB (Post 8207686)
screen size.

So you are saying screen size is worth the 18 month contract @ a min of £30/month? in comparison to 'all' te other phones in its class?

MikeCardiff 19 October 2008 08:39 AM

FFS its a telephone !!! Do people take their toaster or iron out wherever they go in case they suddenly feel peckish or notice a crease that cant wait until they get back home ?

People are often amazed that I dont have, nor want, a mobile phone, particularly one that also doubles as a poor quality camera, rubbish mp3 player or PC.

I've got a phone at home, and one at work, and if I'm not at home or work, then I'm either driving, or somewhere else doing something where I dont want people contacting me with inane messages.

Personally I think theres a huge market for a company to bring out a mobile phone that is just a phone with nothing else on there, and when it rings it sounds like a telephone, not a tinny version of a chavs Corsa.

mart360 19 October 2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8207481)

What operator are you with?

according to Nokia, the latest firmware has been in the phoned for the last 10

months!

btw check your satnav works!! its a known weakness on these phones,

mines duff, and my carrier is still bleating that software reflashes have fixed

it :lol1::lol1:. oh and check the video camera isnt stuttering, they have a habit

of needing a power off / on cycle to reset the camera ;(

technology, dont you love it :D

Mart

ScoTTyB 19 October 2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 8207714)
So you are saying screen size is worth the 18 month contract @ a min of £30/month? in comparison to 'all' te other phones in its class?

yes.

ScoTTyB 19 October 2008 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff (Post 8207833)
FFS its a telephone !!! Do people take their toaster or iron out wherever they go in case they suddenly feel peckish or notice a crease that cant wait until they get back home ?

People are often amazed that I dont have, nor want, a mobile phone, particularly one that also doubles as a poor quality camera, rubbish mp3 player or PC.

I've got a phone at home, and one at work, and if I'm not at home or work, then I'm either driving, or somewhere else doing something where I dont want people contacting me with inane messages.

Personally I think theres a huge market for a company to bring out a mobile phone that is just a phone with nothing else on there, and when it rings it sounds like a telephone, not a tinny version of a chavs Corsa.

work, home or driving. You have a fun life.

STi-Frenchie 19 October 2008 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff (Post 8207833)

I totally agree. It's the same thing with watches, people can't understand why I don't wear a watch! I hacve a clock on my computer in work, one in the car and I've also got one in my mobile phone which i carry everywhere with me :):):):)

JackClark 19 October 2008 01:32 PM

The iPhone handles multimedia better than most PC's.